• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still not receive their pre-order bonus stuff from Amazon?

BTW kittens, I got your message, but my first playthrough is going to be solo only. So no co-op for me for a while.

Salsa

tomorrow night

tomorrow night

ngh

(im not doing the vpn thing because I wouldnt have much time to play these couple days anyway)

Level 16 Assassin. Firehawk ~ Enkindling Quest to backtrack all the way through the first zone was stupid and a waste of time.

Everything else has been awesome.

Handsome Jack reminds me of Archer in the best way possible.

223461-JackBL2-Header.jpg

archer-season2.jpg

Avinexus

Level 16 Assassin. Firehawk ~ Enkindling Quest to backtrack all the way through the first zone was stupid and a waste of time.

Everything else has been awesome.

I've had to backtrack multiple times in quests so far. Extremely annoying, you'd think they would have reduced the amount of times we had to do that after people complained so much about it for the first game.

I've had to backtrack multiple times in quests so far. Extremely annoying, you'd think they would have reduced the amount of times we had to do that after people complained so much about it for the first game.

I mean, you'd think after they made that joke Claptrap quest that involves you collecting 100,000+ rocks which is blatant parody of MMO/RPG grinds that they would know better than to just blatantly reuse areas like that.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Burst fire sniper rifles are so fun.

I'm looking for folks to play with right now, too. Level 15ish. Xbox 360.

I've played for about five hours, love it.

I've been doing all the sidequests I can find, but most of them I seem to stumble on in the course of the narrative. Does this game encourage exploration, like if I go wandering can I find additional quests or items?

Elixist

I've been doing all the sidequests I can find, but most of them I seem to stumble on in the course of the narrative. Does this game encourage exploration, like if I go wandering can I find additional quests or items?

yes theres hidden treasure chests, some of them you have to do platforming to find them, one of my favorite things about this game.

Punisher

Neo Member
Some sidequests are pretty irritating ;x

Also have taken a performance hit; not sure if it's because of latest NVIDIA drivers or the SMAA injection.

I'm still not seeing the benefit of Physx.
No benefits just eye candy. I have it maxed along with everything( finally push this 680) and honestly I find it more distracting than anything else. Whenever Mob shoots his shotgun it looks like a damn rave sprinkle fest from candy land.

One thing to remember, if there's an enclave of bad guys, there's almost always a big loot chest somewhere within their area. So even if you kill a few and get the mission item right away clear the rest out and look for chests.

Torraz

My one minor issue so far. This game is pretty hard, although I am not very good at FPS. Also, I just became level 4 and now I may only choose between 3 missions which all require me to be level 5...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So how does one get to the Creature Slaughter dome thingy from Gamestop?

Guess you unlock it. I just got to some mission which involves an arena match and found it in the game world. Not sure about that specific arena though, or if an arena mode unlocks later or something.

Been getting through the game pretty good. Plot twist spoilers
Just got past the part where you're betrayed by Angel and Sanctuary rises to the sky.
Currently level 18 Axon and found my first purple weapon a small bit ago. Been playing on and off all day but likely done for the night.

Been a lot of fun, had a lot of laughs, but I want to play with friends. Apparently people from over the internet are reporting this weird issue today (didn't exist last night) when trying to join friends games. It won't let me, besides one friend, though I can join randoms no problem.

Still, had a blast so far.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So it has been an hour and I still can't connect to my friends.

What fixes have you tried? Only one that's worked for me was temporarily turning on DMZ on my router for my computers IP. Just hosted a game with 3 others for a few hours and connection was stable the whole time.

Yasae

Banned
Is PC online broken for anyone else? Bunch of my friends are having trouble connecting to each others games.
Want to bump this - but yeah, Uriah, me and a few other GAFers were having major trouble connecting to each other's games. Sometimes one or two people would get in and not the third, other times nobody etc. It basically made the game unplayable in multi (which is the whole point).

Have we gotten any solutions to this?

Yasae

Banned
Well I just accidentally used my golden vault key as soon as I walked by the chest. Oh well...
There's a reason not to? Tell me!

Damn this game is great. Definite step up from the first one which I loved.

Physx is fucking awesome. Really spruces up the fights. After a huge fire fight, there's bodies, debris, ashes, blood, etc everywhere. Awesome.

Oh and if you can't connect to a friend, both try verifying the game files. It found bad files in both ours. Now we can play together.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try that now!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Want to bump this - but yeah, Uriah, me and a few other GAFers were having major trouble connecting to each other's games. Sometimes one or two people would get in and not the third, other times nobody etc. It basically made the game unplayable in multi (which is the whole point).

Have we gotten any solutions to this?

No direct fix yet, but the issue has been noted and stickied on the Gearbox forums so at least they are aware of the problem.

This same glitch totally fucked my group over tonight, pretty lame :(

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Yep we are looking into it. Try the standard list like we mention in the thread on the Gearbox forums and verifying your game files on Steam.

Magenta = E-Tech Weapons. Weapons with Eridium Technology. Another Tier of Weapons. These guys will do some crazy stuff.

Creature Slaughter Dome is found in Wildlife Exploitation Preserve whenever you get there.

Unicorn

I still don't have an email from GreenManGaming with my season pass code.

Anyone else not get it yet? Who HAS gotten it? What course of action should I take, or just wait another day?

I'm digging Axton a whole lot more than Zer0. I just have shitty aim, so snipers ain't my bag
KuGsj.gif

Also, that Magenta is awfully hard to tell apart from that purple. Is that an Eridian infused gun on the previous page, GBX Adam, or just someone with their brightness set a bit too high?

7he Talon

Game has yet to come out here. For those of you who have played it I want your opinions.

I'm torn between Zero or Maya. Which should I play as.

Edgeward

Explosives are super rad in this game. And shotguns are useful too. Such improvements over BL1. PROGRESS

Fix the install loops/prompts and make joining games less filled with timeouts and such, Gearbox. PLS. thanks

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
I still don't have an email from GreenManGaming with my season pass code.

Anyone else not get it yet? Who HAS gotten it? What course of action should I take, or just wait another day?

I'm digging Axton a whole lot more than Zer0. I just have shitty aim, so snipers ain't my bag
KuGsj.gif

Also, that Magenta is awfully hard to tell apart from that purple. Is that an Eridian infused gun on the previous page, GBX Adam, or just someone with their brightness set a bit too high?

The pistol was an E-Tech Gun. It was Magenta.

Unicorn

The pistol was an E-Tech Gun. It was Magenta.

Huh, looking at the stats, it doesn't seem that special. What kind of special properties do you think it carries?

Game has yet to come out here. For those of you who have played it I want your opinions.

I'm torn between Zero or Maya. Which should I play as.
Depends. You want more crowd control skills or straight up more damage output?

Maya has the tools to keep the masses at bay and Zer0 has the power to stop big enemies quick, if you have good hand-eye coordination.

jediyoshi

Online still pretty busted here. I used to be able to refresh the match browser and maybe see 2-5 games or at least look like it was trying to pull down a list. Now when refreshing it immediately comes up empty.

Sorry to mention it again if its been brought up in the thread as I did a search and it brought up nothing.

But, is the quest "Do No Harm" (Minor spoilers regarding quest giver ->)
The one that involves talking to Tannis
bugged for anyone else? The quest can't be completed in my game :(

TheYanger

Huh, looking at the stats, it doesn't seem that special. What kind of special properties do you think it carries?

Maya has the tools to keep the masses at bay and Zer0 has the power to stop big enemies quick, if you have good hand-eye coordination.

Fire it and find out. I got one from the first Etech related quest that like zig zagged and homed in while scoped or something. And recently got a shotgun that fires rebounding exploding shells (Essentially, a grenade launcher).

Unicorn

Fire it and find out. I got one from the first Etech related quest that like zig zagged and homed in while scoped or something. And recently got a shotgun that fires rebounding exploding shells (Essentially, a grenade launcher).

Very cool. I was always sad TK's Wave was awful in BL1 though. :C

7he Talon

That's what I'm torn in between...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom