• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekrono

Man I have a lvl 8 Gunzerker, a lvl 7 Commando and a lvl 5 Assassin and I still can't decide which to pick =/.

I find them all having pros/cons and when I'm playing one I'm usually missing a skill from the others.

Any advice?

Man I have a lvl 8 Gunzerker, a lvl 7 Commando and a lvl 5 Assassin and I still can't decide which to pick =/.

I find them all having pros/cons and when I'm playing one I'm usually missing a skill from the others.

Any advice?

I think it depends on the group your with. The group I roll with has a gunzerker and a commando. Me playing as snipes I can handle the big guys while they mop up the little ones. All depends on how you play. I can wreck shop 1v1, but against a crowd? Not so much.

Edgeward

I'm at level 13 and on chapter 7. I'm going to play tomorrow at around 7 pm pst tomorrow with a friend or 2 if you wanna join up.

That is, if you are on PC.

Raide

Will be grabbing it on Friday and then I have a long weekend playing it. Still slightly torn between PC and 360. IS the 360 version running ok? Mainly because a few of my friends will be getting the 360 version.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Top Gun reference made me laugh.

Finally getting use to sniping in the game. But thats with other people to get me easy headshots.

Teknoman

Hey guys, quick question. How can you obtain more golden keys?

Something about signing up for Gearbox shift? Also whoever said SMGs are weak is nuts. Flame SMG rips most early enemies to shreds up close.

EDIT: Yup, sign up in game. I reset to check my skills and now have 2 golden keys.

Naite

Even though I didnt care for explosive guns in the last game I'm loving torque weapons so far. Sucks my build doesn't incorporate sniping so I can use zero's vel0city.

Used my gold key on accident...fuck!

I don't get it. They put so much care and attention into so much of the game, but overlook something as simple as this. If I wasn't reading Borderlands 2 threads, I'd never have known that the chest in Sanctuary was the limited one. You barely see the prompt that it's using the key. I do know where the chest is, and I still almost always open it whenever I log back into Sanctuary.

I've seen many people post that they used the Golden Key on accident, haha. They really should've given a warning before actually opening it.

I thought it was a regular chest. A confirmation message saying "Are you sure you want to use your key? Press X to confirm" wouldn't hurt gearbox!

Avinexus

I thought it was a regular chest. A confirmation message saying "Are you sure you want to use your key? Press X to confirm" wouldn't hurt gearbox!

I don't know how people are doing that. I mean, it looks exactly like the picture of the chest they have been showing for months AND its freaking gold and has skulls on it. Seems like something that would stand out.

I don't know how people are doing that. I mean, it looks exactly like the picture of the chest they have been showing for months AND its freaking gold and has skulls on it. Seems like something that would stand out.

Maybe some people were on a media blackout. I've seen pretty much nothing on this game. I haven't even read the OT. This is a stupid thing they overlooked.

Nome

So one thing that this game really lacks is a good ramp up.

I managed to play Borderlands 1 with my girlfriend (who hates FPS games) because it was superb at introducing the game mechanics slowly. You start off on a simple horizontal plane, you learn to jump and crouch, and for the next few hours you're shooting skags with poor AI. Terrain is open and memorable, and you spend a significant amount of time in the first hub area before progressing.

Borderlands 2 is awful for new players. You're thrust into a VERY vertical environment with bullymongs that jump all over the place. The first major story mission you get is LONG, involves a complex, multi-story climb with poor visual contrast, and is generally just incredibly difficult for new players to understand. Girlfriend can't even play this for 30 minutes; she complains she can't even find what's shooting at her because everything's jumping and rolling, or is above her and not in front of her.

jediyoshi

Borderlands 2 is awful for new players. You're thrust into a VERY vertical environment with bullymongs that jump all over the place. The first major story mission you get is LONG, involves a complex, multi-story climb with poor visual contrast, and is generally just incredibly difficult for new players to understand. Girlfriend can't even play this for 30 minutes; she complains she can't even find what's shooting at her because everything's jumping and rolling, or is above her and not in front of her.

A lot of those issues sound inherent to the AI. I had the exact opposite problem with the first game. Completely forgettable areas that ranged from scrap yards to scrap yards in desert canyons with enemies that might as well not vary since they all mostly head in a straight line towards you. Either way progression of the story is irrelevant seeing as functionally what you're ultimately doing as a player boils down to heading towards the blip on the map and shooting it or turning something in.

sephi22

I bought an EU copy of the game (rated by PEGI/region 2). I tried to redeem my premiere club code in my country (UAE) Psn store but it gave me an 'either used or incorrect' error. I'm hoping its just a case of the codes not being online yet since the game's not officially released in EU yet.

Is anyone else from EU having this issue? Could a Gearbox rep clarify on this?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do I get from the Incinerator Camp to the Enkindling. The map in this game is pretty useless sometimes.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Maybe some people were on a media blackout. I've seen pretty much nothing on this game. I haven't even read the OT. This is a stupid thing they overlooked.

The game has a pop up window telling you about the golden key for a chest in sanctuary that you have to confirm out of...

Having an additional popup when you're about to use it would be a nicer way to handle it, but they still let you know about it even if you were on a blackout.

Torraz

Just entered chapter 4. The boss fight before was made hilarious.

Apparently there is no fall damage. The viking boss dude before entering Claptrap's ship knocked me all the way down from the building. At this point I sniped him to death... Never found what he dropped though :(.

But dang, this game is hard. Even as a zerker I am usually trying to snipe... only busting out gunzerking when I get a nice weapon upgrade that makes me more viable in close ranged combat.

Just entered chapter 4. The boss fight before was made hilarious.

Apparently there is no fall damage. The viking boss dude before entering Claptrap's ship knocked me all the way down from the building. At this point I sniped him to death... Never found what he dropped though :(.

Drops a weak ass pistol.

I hope bosses drop better stuff than this...

Nekrono

Driving controls on PC are shit, why wouldn't you use boost with Shift and turn with A and D? Completely kills the experience and makes it awkward.

Dizzy-4U

Question about Roland:
Are you supposed to fail the mission when you're trying to save him? Trying to kill the robot that captured him while having other 8 robots shooting at me was pretty hard. They took him to the Dust I think...

Nome

A lot of those issues sound inherent to the AI. I had the exact opposite problem with the first game. Completely forgettable areas that ranged from scrap yards to scrap yards in desert canyons with enemies that might as well not vary since they all mostly head in a straight line towards you. Either way progression of the story is irrelevant seeing as functionally what you're ultimately doing as a player boils down to heading towards the blip on the map and shooting it or turning something in.

It's not as much an AI issue as much as it is a design issue. Someone thought that the first enemy encounters should be jumping, fast creatures. That shouldn't be the case.

Driving controls on PC are shit, why wouldn't you use boost with Shift and turn with A and D? Completely kills the experience and makes it awkward.

It's time.

Xbox-360-Wired-Controller.jpg

Filth

How the hell do I get from the Incinerator Camp to the Enkindling. The map in this game is pretty useless sometimes.

I was stuck on this for over an hour. Apparently you need to quick travel back to the beginning of the game and walk your way to that waypoint. Their's no other way.

Nome

Mouse driving is 100x more responsive than anything you could do with a controller though.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Mouse driving is 100x more responsive than anything you could do with a controller though.

While that may be, it sure does not mean it makes the experience more enjoyable as a game for everyone. Which is more important as a product being sold.

Xevren

Question about Roland:
Are you supposed to fail the mission when you're trying to save him? Trying to kill the robot that captured him while having other 8 robots shooting at me was pretty hard. They took him to the Dust I think...

I'm assuming it's normal, because that's what happened to me too.

I am guessing they will probably sell golden keys for $1

There is already an extremely easy-to-edit ini file that can allow a player to have unlimited golden keys. And down the road there will be all sorts of editors and such for this game since it's proving to be so popular.

Xanathus

Question about Roland:

Wait what are you saying?
I reached the robot thing that was imprisoning him beneath that big statue of Marcus and defeated the robot, you're saying that it's possible for that quest to go longer?

Been playing Gunzerker, started out really rough because I wanted to play him as a run-up-and-shoot guy but apparently he's just as fragile as the Siren or Assassin without the skill buffs. Mid-game now I think and he's feeling tougher but simply because I managed to find some decent weapons, I've found that the extra damage from using an elemental weapon that's strong against an enemy is way higher compared to just using normal weapons that have higher base damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom