• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

I don't know where else to put this but I need help (or confirmation to the contrary). In Australia here and the game has been "released" complete with Steam store splash page saying it's been released, but when I navigate to Borderlands 2 in my library is just says pre-load. Help please, I wanna shoot some psychos!

I don't know where else to put this but I need help (or confirmation to the contrary). In Australia here and the game has been "released" complete with Steam store splash page saying it's been released, but when I navigate to Borderlands 2 in my library is just says pre-load. Help please, I wanna shoot some psychos!

Restart Steam.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I am really disappointed in Gunzerking. I didn't look up a lot on this game beforehand (I like going into my games fresh), so I was under the impression that Salvador was permanently duel wielding. Then it just turns out that you're given 5 seconds to aim really shittily and kill one enemy.

I'm sure it gets better later on, but it really sucks right now.

Ditto to all of this.
Once you get to Sanctuary, the game's main hub, you can store items there at the Vault (or ClapTrap's secret stash).

And you're still really early in the game. I should mention you'll be getting a lot of upgrades pretty soon, and ways to expand your backpack inventory, your abilities, better guns, and the likes.
Thanks.

As far as your second paragraph, I figured as much. Just really slow going here at the beginning. Not particularly fun so far between feeling weak and having such a small inventory that I can't pick up all the loot and try out different weapons.

Does dismemberment work for anyone else? Despite the censoring option being off in my game no one is being blown to pieces. I'm not sure if this is because I'm in Australia or not, though I don't remember reading anything about censorship for this game here.

ezekial45

Banned
I've got a level 9 Assassin and a level 7 Gunzerker, thus far they feel very similar. The Gunzerker ability seems pretty crappy

I'm at lvl 19 now for Salvador, and the gunzerker ability is pretty devastating. You just need invest points into the right places, it's a great ability.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Just want to clarify to people that there are 2 different storage systems.

One allows you to transfer to other characters and is limited in slots.

The other allows you to store for your own character and expand slots via black market.

Both are in
Sanctuary

Torraz

I'm at lvl 19 now for Salvador, and the gunzerker ability is pretty devastating. You just need invest points into the right places, it's a great ability.

Where are you putting your points with Salvador? I'm 10 now and put my first 5 points into the +% max hp and passive hp regen.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is there any place that sells the season pass by itself? I want to find it for the absolute dog cheapest on PC. I said dog cheap.

:D:D:D:D:D

bl2_ultimate8ssaa.jpg

JChalmers

Neo Member
Also the collectors starter weapons are given to all your characters you create.

Just got a call from Footy Manager and training has been cancelled tonight which normally would suck but want more time to play this woop!

Thinking of restarting tonight with either Axton or Maya....or might alternate between one of them and my Lvl12 Zer0.

ezekial45

Banned
Where are you putting your points with Salvador? I'm 10 now and put my first 5 points into the +% max hp and passive hp regen.

Brawn is a pretty good place. You can increase movement speed, health regen, and defense for gunzerking. That's just a starter too, it's gets better later on.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Does dismemberment work for anyone else? Despite the censoring option being off in my game no one is being blown to pieces. I'm not sure if this is because I'm in Australia or not, though I don't remember reading anything about censorship for this game here.

Yep it works everywhere. There is no censored version. Just depends on the gun you have!

XeroSauce

Oh man I just had this amazing moment.

So a quest from Sanctuary:

Killing Mercs or Assassins or Generals with specific weapons, like shotguns, snipers, melee etc.

We were down to the wire with the melee mini-boss, and my friend has it's turret out about to kill the guy. I wanted to get the bonus objective of killing him in melee so without even thinking, within 3 seconds I used one skill point that I had just received on Zer0's increased melee damage, used Deception, and ran up just as he was about to die, and melee'd him for the kill.

It sounds kind of lame but the adrenaline rush I got after doing that and sitting there seeing the optional objective light up was fantastic.

sephi22

I want to know this too. I have a PAL copy and my friend has a NTSC (NA) copy. We were playing together last night and he swears he has exploded a couple of heads with his sniper rifle, while i haven't seen 1 exploding head or dismembered limb, even when i kill them with a crit shotgun shot to the head

grego9198

Started playing last night, got up to lvl 8 on my gunzeker. Haven't really explored all the options with the skills yet. The loot system in coop is a bit disappointing, not looking forward to people ninja-ing my phat loot in the future. I wish they would've went with the D3 style loot system.

Otherwise the game is a blast, I didn't play BL1, so it's a brand new experience for me. I'll probably stick with my class til 20ish as it seems by the comments here that it gets a lot better in about 10 lvls.

Also the game looks awesome on my 27" 2560x res monitor. Glad I built this PC for D3 in the summer!

Also is there a way for my to compare a gun on the ground vs what I'm carrying in my pack? Whenever I come across a new gun I'm never sure whether it's worth picking up vs what I've got stored.

Only complaints:
-no more weapon proficiencies
-weapon slots locked out at the beginning
-fov is a little weird, and I feel like I could see a wider range in bl1

Otherwise, three cheers for gearbox for making a super snappy and responsive PS3 version!

Guys, do I have to play Borderlands 1 before the 2nd one because the first one was really boring for me.

No, not really. Nothing monumental happens in the original that warrants a playthrough. Youtube the ending if you're really curious, but it's not much.

But if the first one was really boring for you, what is it about the 2nd one do you think is going to hold your interest longer? It's very much the same game with some refinement, so if you found the first one a bore, I don't know how much the sequel is going to do for you.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ok sooooooo - I got 45 golden keys.... Is that normal ??

Did you screw with your ini files?

Oh man I just had this amazing moment.

So a quest from Sanctuary:

Killing Mercs or Assassins or Generals with specific weapons, like shotguns, snipers, melee etc.

We were down to the wire with the melee mini-boss, and my friend has it's turret out about to kill the guy. I wanted to get the bonus objective of killing him in melee so without even thinking, within 3 seconds I used one skill point that I had just received on Zer0's increased melee damage, used Deception, and ran up just as he was about to die, and melee'd him for the kill.

It sounds kind of lame but the adrenaline rush I got after doing that and sitting there seeing the optional objective light up was fantastic.

This quest was amazing. I loved every moment of it - and the secondary objectives made it even more awesome.

@ GBX_AdamF

So is the stats screen just gone?
Because I have looked EVERYWHERE at least i think so.

Thanks in advance :) (ow and thanks for the reply on twitter that was very nice of you to! :D).

bryehn

Ugh, 5-6 hours in and I hit a glitched quest in Sanctuary called "Do No Harm". I'm just stuck with a checked "Talk to Tannis" box and no Turn In option. OCD driving me mad, please patch this shit!

Mupod

Salvador's "I AM SLIGHTLY BETTER!" has to be my favorite level up announcement in a video game ever.

Man I suck at finding guns though. Got a great class mod and awesome spiked shield so I'm nearly invincible, but my Zero friend ends up doing most of the work because my 40 damage pistols and slowly reloading shotgun just aren't getting anything done.

We did find two nearly-identical rocket launchers in the space of maybe 5 minutes during that Top Gun quest. Both Tediore, both about the same stats. Really great for taking out enemy vehicles since the rocket flies so fast, but ammo is tight.

Oh, man. I forgot to say this earlier!

I also bought a class mod that gives me +26% melee damage.

So i have:

sniper rifle with +50%
class mod +26%
enemies with low health +400%
deception up to +600%

Im getting strong lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom