• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibran7

Haha! From now on - I shall be known as the pimp of pandora.

Ok - so even weirder - I logged back on to play and the number of keys I had went from 45 to 75. This is just getting ridiculous ( in a good way)

I'm not saying you should sell them on ebay or something, but clearly that is what you should do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So I'm not even done with BL1 and the DLC (got them with Plus) but I'm seriously considering getting this since I'm totally hooked on the franchise. Without preordering I just miss out on a golden key and some golden guns, right? I won't miss the Mechromancer, will I?

Davedough

That's happened plenty of times in this thread...

You didn't notice that golden chest and the key symbol on the pop-up before opening it?

Nope. I'm a rabid looter. I run up and mash the loot button to open all chests around me then start pilfering. Totally my fault, but damn.

Is there some switch I have to hit to make Midgemong appear? My objective simply says to kill him and there's a diamond on my map but there's not a single enemy around.

Edit: Never mind, missed a ladder.

Razek

Banned
Personally, I like gunzerking. I thought it was kinda lame at first too. But then you realize you get: free full health, damage reduction, and fast regenerating ammo for 20 seconds! I use it more as a utility skill or when an enemy sneaks up on me and melees me to low health.

I haven't had to buy ammo once. I can't imagine doing some of the longer story missions without it. I'd be out of ammo every 2 seconds running back to the machine.

Man, the Siren starts off slow, skill-tree wise. End-game Siren is going to be a beast, though. I think I'll drop the support act and go all offense.

Is their any reason to save up badass tokens or should I just spend them as I get em?

Just spend them right away for stat boosts.

Oh, and random tidbit: this was my 3000th post. :p

Anyone done 'Too close for missiles' yet? HALP!

I can't light the volleyball net on fire inside that compound. I have a few different fire weapons and nothing seems to do the trick.

Personally, I like gunzerking. I thought it was kinda lame at first too. But then you realize you get: free full health, damage reduction, and fast regenerating ammo for 20 seconds! I use it more as a utility skill or when an enemy sneaks up on me and melees me to low health.

I haven't had to buy ammo once. I can't imagine doing some of the longer story missions without it. I'd be out of ammo every 2 seconds running back to the machine.

Use melee and you wont need bullets. XD

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I'm not even done with BL1 and the DLC (got them with Plus) but I'm seriously considering getting this since I'm totally hooked on the franchise. Without preordering I just miss out on a golden key and some golden guns, right? I won't miss the Mechromancer, will I?
You will have to pay 10$ for necro if you want her. Also your not missing much on golden guns. They just help you plow through the first 30-45 mins. Plus you can find better guns than in the chest. Your really not missing much cept for necro which you can get on release for 10$

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You will have to pay 10$ for necro if you want her. Also your not missing much on golden guns. They just help you plow through the first 30-45 mins. Plus you can find better guns than in the chest. Your really not missing much cept for necro which you can get on release for 10$

Damn. She's not in the Season Pass is she? I was probably going to get that as well.

scy

Still bitter that I forgot to pre-order and will miss getting her for free :(

On the bright side, I did get the game for $38 so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

I just arrived at Sancutary in the air.
Is this considered act 2 or 3? I'd like to know how much more there is to go so I can properly organize my sidequests vs. main quest progression.
This is how not to do a spoiler.

You could do it better, such as *story spoiler 8 hours in* In regards to the Sancuary,
after it is in the air
is it considered act 2 or 3?

When you have an immediate spoiler or and then a somewhat general question, people could click it having read your general question and in trying to help answer something that is sort of vaguely asked, could spoil their story. I'm much farther than you so it hasn't caught me off guard but, c'mon, a little but of effort goes a long way.

Gotchaye

Level 24 Zero now. I'm really enjoying the writing, and the boss fights are fantastic. I had to switch out of the melee tree and into Cunning, though. I'll try it again when I can spec all the way down to the bottom, but one super-charged melee attack every so often just isn't competitive when I can exit Deception by applying a shotgun to the face.
L1o2s.jpg

For people who do like melee builds, though - you should be doing these weird crime-solving quests in Sanctuary. There are two that I've seen so far. The first gave a unique revolver with +100% melee damage. The second gave a unique shield which gives life-steal on melee attacks if the revolver from the other quest is equipped.

Nome

That's happened plenty of times in this thread...

You didn't notice that golden chest and the key symbol on the pop-up before opening it?

Happened to me.
1. The chest isn't gold-colored. More pale yellow/white. Wasn't even shiny!
2. This is Borderlands. If you see a chest you open it!

I'm level 11 now, but the level 3 orange pistol I found still beats all the purples thrown my way.

Last night was my first experience with a borderlands game. I haven't even read up on it other than I wanted to play a melee zer0. I got to level 6 and it wasn't really my thing.

This morning I started up Maya and I'm loving her. She's more to my play style I guess. I really like her special ability. I think I'm going to level everyone up to 10 or so then make my final decision but I think I'll end up sticking with maya.

FStop7

Banned
Zero is a pleasant mix of the Infiltrator and Vanguard classes from Mass Effect. You can cloak and snipe but you can also deal out a huge amount of damage up close and personal.

I still can't get enough of going stealth, rushing in, and blasting dudes point blank with a shotty.

So has anyone just been soloing this game? I have don't have much people who play this on my xbox list, so far it's enjoyable i might play with a few randoms just to experience the coop side of things.

I've been soloing it and it's fine.

RotBot

I have too many groups of friends in Borderlands 2. I've played 16 hours and am at level 8-11 spread through all 4 characters.

You guys build a shield or gun with your AI core? (for those who completed that side quest)

I wish I could have seen my options, but went with a shield because most of them suck while guns are a dime a dozen and could have been a gun type I'm not building up for. Shield is pretty great.

Also, game is just amazing. Boss fights have all been fantastic.

eek5

You guys build a shield or gun with your AI core? (for those who completed that side quest)

I wish I could have seen my options, but went with a shield because most of them suck while guns are a dime a dozen and could have been a gun type I'm not building up for. Shield is pretty great.

Also, game is just amazing. Boss fights have all been fantastic.

what's the shield do?

the gun
is annoying as fuck. AI talks even when you don't have the gun out.. basically non stop. the gun is pretty good but I can't get past the AI talking all the time. even talks over quest dialogue...

Teknoman

so uh

how exactly should I be using Zero's ability effectively

Lighting bolt action.

Stealth to get distance between you and large enemy groups, or to score a high damage critical/melee attack. Its really situational. He has some really nice sniper skills, but depending on how you set skill points, you can constantly mow through enemies.

Kyou

Lighting bolt action.

Stealth to get distance between you and large enemy groups, or to score a high damage critical/melee attack. Its really situational. He has some really nice sniper skills, but depending on how you set skill points, you can constantly mow through enemies.

I'm still only level 13 and just specing towards guns but so far it's been my "Oh shit, gotta bail" button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom