• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have chucked so much ammo away with Tediore with the way I reload obsessively. I was wondering what was up with some of the gun names being lowercase at the start and realized that they're also full of spelling errors because they're Bandit types. Pretty funny.

Also, Tina is amazing.

Jeramii

Banned
I don't know if anyone asked this. But I'm experiencing two issues I can't seem to figure out.

1. I'm hosting, locally or online. The other players in my game are running around and look jittery as they go. However they don't experience this issue. Is this because I'm the host, or is this something else? if so is it possible to fix it?

2. If i move the mouse it jitters as i move. so if i move in a straight line from left to right, or right to left. instead of being ------------------ its --_---__----___------_----_-__--- (or something). Just kinda jumps up and down. If i turn vSync on it seems to help, however murders my framerate.

I'm using a gtx 570, and it's odd because I can run everything at max settings and get a solid framerate as high as I want it. If i set it to the 72fps option, it stays there at all times, unless vSync is on, then it drops a lot.

If I turn off SSAO, or lower any other settings the framerate issues with vSync still continue. I get the same performance with max settings, or lowered to medium.

So what I'm asking is, is there a way to fix this mouse jitter without using vSync?

Razek

Banned
Some thing that I think is a little worse than the first is the 'hassle to kill enemy versus xp gained' ratio. In the area I'm in, enemies are jumping all over, have a ton of health, and are really hard to hit, but give pitiful xp. I just ran through everything and then got to the next area with easy slow enemies that give me 10 times as much xp :/

At least in the first game, special hard enemies like spiderants and skags gave a ton of xp.

Some thing that I think is a little worse than the first is the 'hassle to kill enemy versus xp gained' ratio. In the area I'm in, enemies are jumping all over, have a ton of health, and are really hard to hit, but give pitiful xp. I just ran through everything and then got to the next area with easy slow enemies that give me 10 times as much xp :/

At least in the first game, special hard enemies like spiderants and skags gave a ton of xp.

I noticed that I level up way faster when playing in a 4-player co-op game.

I'm really liking the pistols in this game. I never touched them in the first. Am I going to be able to go through the game just using pistols?

Well, I didn't fall asleep during the first 4 hours like I did with part 1, so this seems like a good sequel to me already.

Still can't stand Claptrap, the electric fence bit at the beginning was really satisfying ;p

Atruvius

Anyone else put all their money into Moxxi's tip jar? All my sweet loots moneys goes to her, maybe I'll get something in return! :p

Well, I didn't fall asleep during the first 4 hours like I did with part 1, so this seems like a good sequel to me already.

Still can't stand Claptrap, the electric fence bit at the beginning was really satisfying ;p

I agree I didn't have a problem with claptrap in part 1 but they made him really annoying this time around. Too much forced comedy...other than that this game is fkin awesome.

Wow, playing the game on the PC with a controller. I feel like I have the best PS360 ever. Its even crazier when your buddies are using Mouse and Keyboard.

so when does the game get good? don't get the rave reviews

almost 3 hours and it plays the same as the original, I mean it looks really good and the monsters look different etc. but I feel like I am using the same weapons I did in the original game.

I'm...just bored. I guess I expected something that felt different than the original, and it doesn't, it looks different - very different and thats a good thing. but I feel like I am firing the same guns again under a different background.

maybe I just played the original game too much and it wore me out of the franchise.

ezekial45

Banned
Alright, what the fuck do you do when a boss explodes and the mission item lands in a place you can't reach???

:(

Happened to me twice. First time I had to save and quit the game. The item was placed in the center of the area where I fought the boss when I reloaded.

The second time, however, I was given credit for the item after about 10 or so secs.

The first option is probably your best bet.

Xevren

Alright, what the fuck do you do when a boss explodes and the mission item lands in a place you can't reach???

:(

Probably save and quit =/

Honestly this is a bad problem in general. I've had a number of issues of loot in general not being reachable just because it gets tossed up in the air and just goes off somewhere. Or even just falling through the ground...

almost 3 hours and it plays the same as the original, I mean it looks really good and the monsters look different etc. but I feel like I am using the same weapons I did in the original game.

I'm...just bored. I guess I expected something that felt different than the original, and it doesn't, it looks different - very different and thats a good thing. but I feel like I am firing the same guns again under a different background.

maybe I just played the original game too much and it wore me out of the franchise.

You probably just don't like the genre man.

This game is pretty much the same only done better.

Razek

Banned
I'm really liking the pistols in this game. I never touched them in the first. Am I going to be able to go through the game just using pistols?

I think it should be possible. They aren't particularly amazing, but you should be able to manage if you play it smart.

I put 500+ hours into the first game and I did feel a bit of the 'borderlands fatigue' at about the 10 hour mark. Play with the guns you enjoy the most and stick to the main story. That's were this one shines over the first.

I went into the game with a plan to play as Salvador but as I was progressing I found myself bored because he felt too much like Brick, instead of melee he just pulls out a second game. His skill felt to alike to Brick's. So I switched to Zer0, made him look like Leonardo from TMNT, and I'm having a blast.

I put so many hours into the first game as Brick so I was feeling the "fatigue" not too far in.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't know what it is with Gearbox and circle of slaughter quests but they bug out too often...in both games. The next wave isn't triggering.

sikkinixx

Is it just me or does this game make you trek around a lot more than the first one did? Some of the missions feel like I need to walk so fucking far through the same area I've already cleared twice before to get to the objective (which usually is about 2 seconds long to complete). I got pissed off and quit/continued to save myself a hefty trip only to realize now I had respawned the entire fucking map. That and I have had the same three guns for about 2 hours now :(

Maybe I just need a break. Already 10 hours in.

Alright, then I am either bad and/or this is more difficult than the first game, at least solo.

It seems more difficult, specially because of assholes like the Nomads with the big-ass shields (flank flank flank) and because choosing the correct weapon is harder now.

Torraz

Just let his turret do everything lol. the dmg enemies do is a lot on you.

I'm currently playing the gunzerker, but not getting much use out of the special ability except for in boss battles as I am mostly sniping..

It seems more difficult, specially because of assholes like the Nomads with the big-ass shields (flank flank flank) and because choosing the correct weapon is harder now.

That could be it, but it also seems like some monsters have more HP and give less XP when killed.

Davedough

I like the ramped up difficulty. I found all too early that my Mordecai in BL1 had little to fear anymore. I got so powerful that I could have bloodwing go out and take out all the lowbies and any higher ranked mobs would get sniped to death before they even got close to me.

Is it just me or does this game make you trek around a lot more than the first one did? Some of the missions feel like I need to walk so fucking far through the same area I've already cleared twice before to get to the objective (which usually is about 2 seconds long to complete). I got pissed off and quit/continued to save myself a hefty trip only to realize now I had respawned the entire fucking map. That and I have had the same three guns for about 2 hours now :(

Maybe I just need a break. Already 10 hours in.

The Lilith side quests seemed the most backtracky to me. In general I found it better to grab any side quests before heading on a story quest so I could take care of them on the way.

Aesthet1c

Dumb question, but it's been so long since I played the first game that I forgot...

What does your weapon damage mean when it shows something like 23x5?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Lilith side quests seemed the most backtracky to me. In general I found it better to grab any side quests before heading on a story quest so I could take care of them on the way.

Yeah that one Lilith quest literally was just running through the starting level 3 area again. Only quest that annoyed me with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom