• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comedy in the game reminds me of a Mel Brooks film, they just keep throwing jokes at you hoping they stick. Which is totally fine with me considering most of them have.

redhot_

Question.. If you complete the main missions in the game will you still have to option to continue to finish up the side quests?

Hey i played borderlands one and had some problems with hit detection online....i would shoot and it would take a few seconds before the bullet would hit. Is this a problem at all in borderlands 2? Has there been any trouble with the online play? I will be playing on ps3

I'm sure this has been answered but what guns are you using? I think Torgue guns shoot "gyroscopic rockets" or something, they do explosive damage but travel much slower than bullets. That could be the issue. I had trouble in my first Co Op game, I was the fourth one into the party and I was moving in slow motion. I could look all around at normal speed but jumping and running was really slow. I quit the game for the night and really haven't had any trouble since.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I like the ramped up difficulty. I found all too early that my Mordecai in BL1 had little to fear anymore. I got so powerful that I could have bloodwing go out and take out all the lowbies and any higher ranked mobs would get sniped to death before they even got close to me.

My problem is that since it IS tougher to get up there and fight I find myself just sitting back and sniping everything which is more or less the opposite of what a Gunzerker should be doing.

As I think I mentioned before I assume it will get better as I get further in and gain more class specific skills for getting in close quarters but for now it feels like I'm having to play the game "wrong" to progress with any decent speed.

abundant

I'm respeccing to Cataclysm as well. Screw being a support, lol.

The Mod helps a lot. I'm now a fire god with a homing fire pistol, fire grenades, a fire sniper rifle, and now I just got a shield where a fire burst occurs whenever I lose them. I also like how she says "Pull" whenever you Phaselock someone and kill them with a gun.

Aesthet1c

Man I'm such an idiot...

I found the golden crate in Sanctuary, and not realizing what it was just opened it at level 8, and got 2 low level epic shields. I was wanting to wait until I was max level to open the crate, so trying to outsmart the game I opened my task manager and killed Borderlands 2 hoping it wouldn't save it. Now that I logged back in, it saved that I opened the crate (I don't have the key anymore), but it didn't save my items. So now I have nothing :(

Coconut

Banned
So from what I have noticed a Gunzerker and a siren should be working together and Zero and Axton compliment each other pretty well.

hmm having more fun now I started a new character and am taking my time.

this game is stunningly beautiful at times. its a huge upgrade over the original,

Man I'm such an idiot...

I found the golden crate in Sanctuary, and not realizing what it was just opened it at level 8, and got 2 low level epic shields. I was wanting to wait until I was max level to open the crate, so trying to outsmart the game I opened my task manager and killed Borderlands 2 hoping it wouldn't save it. Now that I logged back in, it saved that I opened the crate (I don't have the key anymore), but it didn't save my items. So now I have nothing :(

There's a way to give yourself many keys but I don't know if it can be discussed on here. It involves editing a file.

Torraz

My problem is that since it IS tougher to get up there and fight I find myself just sitting back and sniping everything which is more or less the opposite of what a Gunzerker should be doing.

As I think I mentioned before I assume it will get better as I get further in and gain more class specific skills for getting in close quarters but for now it feels like I'm having to play the game "wrong" to progress with any decent speed.

This is my problem, at the moment, just expressed more eloquently.

Torraz

One very minor spoiler request at the beginning of liar's berg (chapter 3).

Where/how did the "helena pierce - audio log quest" unlock/start?

Teknoman

I don't necessarily care to cheat, I just wish there was some kind of warning or prompt before using my 1 golden key.

Have you received your second key? I dunno if you can use the chest twice, but the second key must be for something. Sign up for Gearbox Shift in the extra menu, get a key.

Speaking of which, anyone on the PC and not in the premier club?

Spazo

One very minor spoiler request at the beginning of liar's berg (chapter 3).

Where/how did the "helena pierce - audio log quest" unlock/start?

You can get the quest when going on the right path (far right in this screenshot). it sitting in the middle on the road just before attacking some ennemies

not my screenshot
i7lCFx442DNSi.jpg

Gotchaye

This really weird bug keeps popping up for me ever since I took levels in Zero's Twin Fang. Every so often, upon reload, my gun gets a massive stat boost - much larger magazine, much lower spread, hugely increased damage, etc. I can one-shot badasses from far away with a shotgun.

Torraz

You can get the quest when going on the right path (far right in this screenshot). it sitting in the middle on the road just before attacking some ennemies

not my screenshot

Thanks! I misremembered the location.
I thought all the tapes were in the town, but the first was just outside it...

The Mod helps a lot. I'm now a fire god with a homing fire pistol, fire grenades, a fire sniper rifle, and now I just got a shield where a fire burst occurs whenever I lose them. I also like how she says "Pull" whenever you Phaselock someone and kill them with a gun.

Beast @_@

End game Maya is going to be awesome

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey guys need some help, so I played as a Commando the first game, but I'm debating if I should play as a Commando in BL2 or if I should I play as a Siren?

Razek

Banned
This is my problem, at the moment, just expressed more eloquently.

I chose gunzerking and sniping too. Now, I can't imagine doing it with another character. I've said it a few times in the thread, but his ammo regen when zerking is incredible for the power weapons since regen rate is a flat number, not dependent on the type or size of your ammo pool. You get sniper ammo back so fast so you can easily afford to run the fast snipers and not be so methodical about everything.

Zia

Used Redbox for the first time ever to play this. Question: is co-op on a 36-inch TV going to be enjoyable? Seems like there's just so much visual information that it might be kind of tough.

Well, I didn't fall asleep during the first 4 hours like I did with part 1, so this seems like a good sequel to me already.

Still can't stand Claptrap, the electric fence bit at the beginning was really satisfying ;p

Yeah, it's weird how Claptrap is annoying as hell, and everyone you come across talks about he annoying he is. I just got away from him and I hope he doesn't come back.

Also, Gunzerking just gets better and better. I'm dumping all my points into it.

Raide

Nah. You can learn new skills to change up sword animations/strength, but this is all about guns,grenades,gunades, and nadeguns.

Did Gearbox miss out on a big chance to have unlockable skins for Sword/Turrets etc? Seems like a no brainer. :D Unless they already do and they did have brains. :p

Played a little bit of this yesterday, getting my commando to about level 7. Guns all look and sound great, enemies move around lot more and seem to just be tougher to take down in general and especially in groups. I'm loving the new staggers and how enemies will crawl and ache if you get them close to death. I've had more than a few moments where I laughed out loud from the humor and voicework. Well done Gearbox.

So then I dropped into some co-op with my buddies, all starting new characters, so we had two commandos and two ninjas. Areas that had taken me 15-20 minutes to work through were places we just stormed as group and cleaned up in seconds. Co-op was such a mad clusterfuck of explosions, gunfire from all angles, turrets being deployed every few seconds, ninjas stabbinating everywhere and just full tilt madness all around.

All in all single player feels harder but co-op feels much easier. So far anyway, up to about level 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom