• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
Why is my character blocking the right part of the menu while I'm trying to compare items? I can't tell if an item in my backpack has a trash icon/favorite icon on it, since the icon is on the far-right and the menu sways so that my character is blocking that portion of the screen half the time. WTF!!!

love that you can wound enemies. watched a bullymong crawl with his hands and dragging his legs towards me lol.

I think almost every enemy has a weakened state it's really neat. I think, but haven't confirmed this that if you shoot off both of a Varkid's wing when it morph it becomes a chubby Varkid instead of a badass and I think they always drop eridium.

Razek

Banned
Why is my character blocking the right part of the menu while I'm trying to compare weapons? I can't tell if a weapon has a trash icon/favorite icon on it, since the icon is on the far-right and my character is in the way half the time. WTF!!!

Got this too. Very annoying. The menu system in general is just worse than the first game.

I think almost every enemy has a weakened state it's really neat. I think, but haven't confirmed this that if you shoot off both of a Varkid's wing when it morph it becomes a chubby Varkid instead of a badass and I think they always drop eridium.

hm. might have to use a weak weapon and try that out lol.

Teknoman

Quick question: I accidentally used my golden key. Probably 5 seconds after the chest opened, I dashboarded (360 version). Don't think it saved data. Do I still have the key?

Go to the extra menu, sign up for Gearbox Shift, get another key. Dunno if this resets the chest as well though.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
He's not funny at all.

I did really like Tina though. Now she was funny in that creepy kind of way.

Me and my wife almost cried tears when i got to tina for the first time. Her growly deep crazy voice sounds almost exactly like my 2 1/2 year old kid when she's being funny.

"You are cordially invited, BITCH"

Stackboy

I'm having issues with the game crashing at random times. I have all my graphics updated, everytime I go to verify content in steam it finds one file it needs to update. Please help, I've played the same section of this game about 8 times now.

Lakitu

st5fu
Looks like I will be getting it after all.I had no idea that I pre-ordered and apparently it's coming to me now. A nice mistake to make :p

Wow at that golden key exploit...it's stupid easy to do to. I'm curious as to why people are asking if they're gonna get banned. Banned from what...Steam?

I don't really see why Steam would ban for something like that. Especially since it's a very minor change in a DLC, not even the main game files. It's not like you hex edit the exe or something lol.

It seems exceedingly unlikely that they will ban for it. Nothing about it is really any different from using WillowTree to edit files for BL1, in fact it's considerably less sophisticated.

Loving Claptrap. He ranks up there with GLADOS. The fact that he annoys some people makes him even more lovable. Tiny Tina is awesome, too.

So, friend and I are trying to play on PC. Made it through like 15 minutes, then I got disconnected. Tried joining again and he got disconnected. Good first impression.

Is anyone else finding the beginning kinda hard solo? Hard to kill the "Midget riding the monster" boss. Also seems like I have to a lot.

I remember having a hard time with the fire boss, until I found some cheap way to kill him. The midget riding the monster on the other hand, if I recall correctly, I just burned him down with the gun you win from the fire boss. Went down pretty fast.

I still hate the bird creatures though. You kill one from a distance and then they all have a problem with you..

Teknoman

really?

i adore easy games, and only go for easy games, but i found b2 quite easy with one friend.
we havent died once, and we kinda rambo on.

Well we havent died, but gone into last stand mode alot, sure. But yeah the tougher enemies seem abit more challenging to me.

Quick question: Does borderlands 2 still have items to increase backpack size and ammo capacity? I've only gotten to level 10 but just a little surprised I haven't seen an SDU or extended ammo item yet.

The Chef

Got to level 6 last night but then got a promo code from Amazon which says that I get a relic and some other stuff with a new character. Soooo Im assuming I need to start over then to get those perks?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Torchlight II had to come out this week. Too much loot.
Seriously! My mom is coming over for dinner tonight, but I'll be hopping on later in the evening to shoot things.

HoosTrax

Quick question: Does borderlands 2 still have items to increase backpack size and ammo capacity? I've only gotten to level 10 but just a little surprised I haven't seen an SDU or extended ammo item yet.
You made it to level 10, but haven't been to Sanctuary yet? Or did you miss the SDU vendor in the town?

You made it to level 10, but haven't been to Sanctuary yet? Or did you miss the SDU vendor in the town?
Just quit out when I reached Sanctuary. Figures. Thanks.

Yup but you need to collect eridium pieces for that, and they drop randomly though some are given for missions.
You too.

If it's filled then is sounds like you may need a capacity expansion....
i3WDrHG7FSp5G.gif

Working on it!

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I made a bet with my friends over at 2K games that Amazon would sell a metric ton of Borderlands 2 at launch. Turns out I was right. Because I won the guys from 2K flew me out to New York and paid for me to get this awesome Claptrap tattoo from Luke Wessman over at Wooster St. Social Club (the guys who do NY Ink).

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate it than carrying Claptrap around on my back :).

The finished product:

JvwPX.jpg

Luke Wessman from Wooster St. Social Club (he did my Tattoo):

kpW6Z.jpg

The outline before Luke added color:

rWO52.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Cheddahz

Banned
Dumb request, but can someone on Xbox create a character, join my game, "fight for your life", and let me revive them? I don't have any friends that have BL2 and I'm planning on getting all of the achievements for this game

darthbob

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I made a bet with my friends over at 2K games that Amazon would sell a metric ton of Borderlands 2 at launch. Turns out I was right. Because I won the guys from 2K flew me out to New York and paid for me to get this awesome Claptrap tattoo from Luke Wessman over at Wooster St. Social Club (the guys who do NY Ink).

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate it than carrying Claptrap around on my back :).

The finished product:

JvwPX.jpg

Luke Wessman from Wooster St. Social Club (he did my Tattoo):

kpW6Z.jpg

The outline before Luke added color:

rWO52.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

Hey, can I get a free copy of Borderlands 2 to give to my friend who is celebrating his 23rd birthday today?

If not, that's cool too. Nice tat though.

Sev02

Banned
my friend opened his gold chest and I took the epic smg and class mod that was in it (he was Axton) while he was looking at it, just as a joke. Instead of trading them back to him i dropped both and they fell right through the floor of sanctuary...needless to say he was super pissed.

I gotta watch my back when I open my chest now

Coconut

Banned
Hey everyone,

JvwPX.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

I'm sorry.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Congrats on having one of the most annoying characters of all time permanently etched on your skin. You should add Jar Jar Binks there to complete the effect.

Permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom