• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JambiBum

That's on yur body for forever. You have made yourself this billboard for a thing. Sure it's a cool game but what about the next game? Never get a band, a girls name, or a videogame thing tattooed on you.

Or you can just not tell people what they should or shouldn't get tattooed onto their body.

You're sorry?

Why?

Cheers,
Tony

I think it's a very cool, and well done, tattoo..Borderlands would be a fun theme to work with for future pieces if you wanted to.

But saying sorry..Probably one of these douchey GAF members who thinks all tattoos are lame, unless it's on an attractive female member who happened to post their picture which the response would be, "I normally hate all tattoos, but your tattoo is really well done."

Edit..I was right.

That's on yur body for forever. You have made yourself this billboard for a thing. Sure it's a cool game but what about the next game? Never get a band, a girls name, or a videogame thing tattooed on you.

Lol I guess I don't look at it that way :). Gaming is a huge part of my life and I like tattoos...quite a bit.

I never found Claptrap annoying either, I love that little dude :).

Cheers,
Tony

K.Sabot

Or you can just not tell people what they should or shouldn't get tattooed onto their body.

Oh but we can, and he just did that. It's up to him if he heeds that advice, which is impossible at this point.

Congrats on having one of the most annoying characters of all time permanently etched on your skin. You should add Jar Jar Binks there to complete the effect.

Permanently.

That doesn't sound so bad If I were to do it in a ironic sort of way.

Like a reminder of how my childhood was undone by a single man/movie.

jgminto

Sweet tattoo, Tony.

I wouldn't mind getting a vg tattoo eventually, but it'd have to be a game I really care about. Streets of Rage perhaps.

HoosTrax

What. It's on his back, not his freaking forehead. I wouldn't be bothered if I were dating a guy who had something like that on his back. No one is going to see that in any of kind of formal setting.

as for the skill tree do u need to fill one of the perks to 5 before the one under it unlocks? I dont remember if that was the case in the 1st one. if thats the case i dont know how im going to get my skill tree how i want it not to mention im still undecided on which way i want to go with Axton? doesnt seem like ill have enough skill points to do everything

do u ever get bonus skill points for anything or is it just one every time you rank up?

Lol I guess I don't look at it that way :). Gaming is a huge part of my life and I like tattoos...quite a bit.

Cheers,
Tony

dont worry about these haters dude, im covered in tats and love gaming, nothing wrong at all with what u did and it looks great. one of my next tats is going to be the cog tag from gears

mike23

How do I change the current active quest? I can't figure out how to change the quest being marked on the map.

edit: Nevermind, it just started working.....

HoosTrax

How do I change the current active quest? I can't figure out how to change the quest being marked on the map.
Press Tab.
Select the Quests section from the sections at the top.
Click on the quest you want to make active.

(I have no idea how to do it on PS360)

as for the skill tree do u need to fill one of the perks to 5 before the one under it unlocks? I dont remember if that was the case in the 1st one. if thats the case i dont know how im going to get my skill tree how i want it not to mention im still undecided on which way i want to go with Axton? doesnt seem like ill have enough skill points to do everything

do u ever get bonus skill points for anything or is it just one every time you rank up?

Here is the link to the skill tree if you wanted to mess around with all of the possible skill points

Also, there are no bonus points but class mods and badass tokens increase skills.

my first purple drop.

love the maliwan design. so futuristic.

iSRDYN61qItkV.png

dont worry about these haters dude, im covered in tats and love gaming, nothing wrong at all with what u did and it looks great. one of my next tats is going to be the cog tag from gears

:) not worried about it at all hist surprised. figured Gaf would be the best place for people who love gaming to appreciate stuff like this.

From my perspective the "on your body for the rest of your life" has 0 negative implications. on a personal level I'm not really down for hanging out with people who are judgemental enough to care about what other people look like.

on a professional level, I wouldn't want to work for someone that cared about this negatively. imagine that conversation:

Employer: "so we noticed you posted this picture of a tattoo on your back"

Me: "Yes, my proven track record of success includes moving so much volume of a game that our partner flew me across the country to get a tattoo at a nationally reknowned tattoo shop by a guy who does this stuff on t.v."

Employer: "we're not cool with that"

Me: " Deal"

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
Tony

Mikey Jr.

my first purple drop.

love the maliwan design. so futuristic.

Yep. Like, I cannot use another gun that doesn't have elemental damage. I thought "why the fuck would I choose this gun with no ele damage over this one that does?"

Then I fought pyros and fucked myself over. So yeah, gonna keep a balanced mix of guns.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
After GW2 I wish these games allowed level scaling, pretty much have to make another character if I want to play with my friends.

Chris R

After GW2 I wish these games allowed level scaling, pretty much have to make another character if I want to play with my friends.

So they didn't fix it? Ugh, doing co-op with my friends is going to suck then when one of them misses a single night :|

Yeah I usually run a "me" character and a "friends" character. Although I usually fall in love with one and then end up only playing with my friends

cheers,
tony

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
One of the bigger problems with the first game was the lack of storage, that is until the awful Mad Moxxie dlc added the bank, which was the only good thing about that awful POS. Is this addressed in Borderlands 2? Is there a bank?

I'm at around level 8-9.
This game is O.K.
I like the design, the feel, it has its funny moments, but at the same time a lot of it feels aimless.

I am playing single player, not really sure what the story is. Mostly trying to find cool guns, but in general they are very similar and it's starting to feel repetitive. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

I tried a bit of MP today, not my cup of tea, despite the intended style of play for this game. If I was still in highschool I'd probably be all over this, I don't know how you guys (mid to upper 20s, or even beyond) find time to organize your life and play with your friends.

cheers

Santiako

One of the bigger problems with the first game was the lack of storage, that is until the awful Mad Moxxie dlc added the bank, which was the only good thing about that awful POS. Is this addressed in Borderlands 2? Is there a bank?

Yes, there is a bank and a shared stash.

Razek

Banned
This may be crazy, but I think I might just start over. I took a break and gave it some thought. I like my build and I haven't had any difficulty or anything. That's the issue, the game has been a bit too easy. Also, I haven't done anything with my class tree yet. I feel like the only thing changing is my gun these days and even that hasn't been swapped out for a long time. I am never going to change my shield or class mod, I got lucky and got good ones early.

In the first game, I was always looking forward to my next level to get a new cool ability in my skill tree. I'm not feeling that with Salvador, he's good enough stock. Maybe I'll give Axton a try and play with 2 weapon types instead of just one. Probably shotguns and something else, rockets possibly?

Cheers,
Tony

Well I like it. I love Borderlands. It was such a strange experiment of a game that nobody thought would do good and was just a Fallout 3 clone, but it ended up being such an amazing game. It did a good thing for gaming (for me) and is one of the few games left that keeps my interest.

Also guys, Claptrap is supposed to be annoying in this one. If he is, they did their job well.

I'm at around level 8-9.
This game is O.K.
I like the design, the feel, it has its funny moments, but at the same time a lot of it feels aimless.

I am playing single player, not really sure what the story is. Mostly trying to find cool guns, but in general they are very similar and it's starting to feel repetitive. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

I tried a bit of MP today, not my cup of tea, despite the intended style of play for this game. If I was still in highschool I'd probably be all over this, I don't know how you guys (mid to upper 20s, or even beyond) find time to organize your life and play with your friends.

cheers

I don't basically. I refuse to play with randoms and my IRL friends only get this weekend to play with me. Kinda lame, but thus is growing up I guess.

Derrick01

Banned
What does gun accuracy improve, from the token level up stuff? Is it basically reducing sway and recoil?

I'm kind of addicted to getting all of these challenges done. I just hit level 20 and I'm on the last open container one (1500/2500) already. This stuff was made for OCD people like me.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hyperion arena 5 I messed up on the last wave since I didn't know where the hard enemies spawn, got wrecked :(
Now I'm making dum mistakes solo. At least the loot is good :lol
What does gun accuracy improve, from the token level up stuff? Is it basically reducing sway and recoil?

I'm kind of addicted to getting all of these challenges done. I just hit level 20 and I'm on the last open container one (1500/2500) already. This stuff was made for OCD people like me.
TMK

Accuracy is baseline acc.
Recoil is the kick

I dunno what aim steadyness is.

Is there is a penalty for dying against bosses, aside from losing cash? Or do you just run back in and pick up right where you left off? I was hoping the boss would regain all of his health. This would make things more challenging. But I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I think I'm nearing the second boss now.

Edit: Playing single player only.

Razek

Banned
Is there is a penalty for dying against bosses, aside from losing cash? Or do you just run back in and pick up right where you left off? I was hoping the boss would regain all of his health. This would make things more challenging. But I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I think I'm nearing the second boss now.

They regain full health if all players die with the same time frame. Same for single player.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

You have to fight them at full health and often not on terms of your choosing and sometimes with repopulated levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom