• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derrick01

Banned
TMK

Accuracy is baseline acc.
Recoil is the kick

I dunno what aim steadyness is.

Well it can't improve accuracy in general because that's determined by player skill. I was guessing either reducing bullet spread or sway on guns with scopes but I can't be sure. You're right the recoil is a separate stat you can level up with tokens so it's not that.

Also on a side note I love the futuristic looking sniper rifles that reload by sliding the scope forward and back automatically. Very cool looking. I also like how you can see the landscape through the scope of your gun when it's at your hip. A small but nice attention to detail.

+1 for Claptrap love. Such a great character. I loved all the robot propaganda in the BL1 claptrap Dlc.

Pretty cool story about the tat Tony, looks good.

Like the tattoo. Looks cool. At the end of the day, other folks would get barbed wire or a snake eating its tail or something terrible. Yours is unique.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well it can't improve accuracy in general because that's determined by player skill. I was guessing either reducing bullet spread or sway on guns with scopes but I can't be sure. You're right the recoil is a separate stat you can level up with tokens so it's not that.

Also on a side note I love the futuristic looking sniper rifles that reload by sliding the scope forward and back automatically. Very cool looking. I also like how you can see the landscape through the scope of your gun when it's at your hip. A small but nice attention to detail.
By accuracy I mean accuracy. Not all bullets go at the center, there is a degree of spread. If you take a 94% acc. sniper you'll see what I mean. You want a 96.5 or higher. imo

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So how does the gold chest work? I don't have a key so I haven't tried, but does it just give you weapons for your level, or what? I'm wondering why people were cautioning me against opening it just yet.

Cool tattoo Tony. My first tat was something that meant something to me personally, and that can take different forms for different people.

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I made a bet with my friends over at 2K games that Amazon would sell a metric ton of Borderlands 2 at launch. Turns out I was right. Because I won the guys from 2K flew me out to New York and paid for me to get this awesome Claptrap tattoo from Luke Wessman over at Wooster St. Social Club (the guys who do NY Ink).

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate it than carrying Claptrap around on my back :).

The finished product:

Cheers,
Tony

Good stuff Tony!

The Chef

Im at level 6 right now but is it worth it to start a new character for this amazon promo code I got?
Upon successful install of the update, any new character will now have the Vault Hunter’s Relic, GearboxGun Pack, and a Golden Key in their inventory.

Megasoum

Banned
Im at level 6 right now but is it worth it to start a new character for this amazon promo code I got?

It's worth entering the code but not restarting. You'll still use the relic and the key far past level 6. The guns are shit, even at the very beginning of the game.

Avinexus

So how does the gold chest work? I don't have a key so I haven't tried, but does it just give you weapons for your level, or what? I'm wondering why people were cautioning me against opening it just yet.

Cool tattoo Tony. My first tat was something that meant something to me personally, and that can take different forms for different people.

Purple loot scaled to your level. So you want to wait until you are level 50 (or higher depending on DLC) to get the best loot possible.

I "hate" this game. Fast travel point where I can't return. Brilliant, redo the proceeding 30 minutes as everyone has respawned.

I wish I could do a side mission or 2 but there aren't any.

The Chef

oooooooh thanks!

One other question. I am hosting a co-op game right now with some friends. A new friend got the game and wants to start from the beginning. If I want to do Co-Op with him and not effect my current co-op game save then Im assuming I should just have him host and save then right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Me, my brother, and my friend blew about $20k total at the slots. :| BUT! I got enough Eridium to upgrade my SMG to the max, my bag slots to the max, my AR ammo once, and my pistol ammo four times (I think I'm at 500?). Those slot machines are rad.

Also, in my exploring, I found this guy! It's like the Needler from Halo, and it's incredibly good.

2DEDA60C0B9D8A4FAD1DA3A6AF9A9AC880D3B701

Hey everyone,

As some of you know I made a bet with my friends over at 2K games that Amazon would sell a metric ton of Borderlands 2 at launch. Turns out I was right. Because I won the guys from 2K flew me out to New York and paid for me to get this awesome Claptrap tattoo from Luke Wessman over at Wooster St. Social Club (the guys who do NY Ink).

This game is absolutely amazing and I can’t think of any better way to celebrate it than carrying Claptrap around on my back :).

The finished product:

JvwPX.jpg

Cheers,
Tony

ahahahahahhaha. Maybe you can hang with these cool cats now.

BioWare_Austin_ink-500x353.jpg

Anyone know if there are any normal loot chests in sanctuary? I find there are significantly less loot chests in this game. I was hoping for something similar to New Haven from sanctuary.

Razek

Banned
Anyone know if there are any normal loot chests in sanctuary? I find there are significantly less loot chests in this game. I was hoping for something similar to New Haven from sanctuary.

I couldn't find a single one and I jumped around quite a bit. Yeah, there are just way less loot chests in the game. The best strategy if your guns are lacking is to either just reload the game in sanctuary to recheck the machines since they level to you or reload at a spawn point that has a chest nearby. There are a couple that I know of.

It's kind of sad, all it does is encourage farming and discourages exploration.

--
Something funny I realized, all your badass challenges reset if you make a new character, so you get those 25 really easy ones again and they just add onto your already acquired rank.

Quick question about weapons:

If I have a gun that says, "Increases accuracy by 15%", does it only increase accuracy with that gun, or by simply having it equipped will it also increase my accuracy with both guns?

Razek

Banned
Quick question about weapons:

If I have a gun that says, "Increases accuracy by 15%", does it only increase accuracy with that gun, or by simply having it equipped will it also increase my accuracy with both guns?

If it's the guns ability, it only applies to that weapon.

The Chef

Urgent question!
So I am about to join my friends game who is starting a completely new game. It asks me if I want to use my Previous Character Save and begin a new game?

He is hosting this game so if I join him will it overwrite my co-op game that I am hosting with other friends further in the game??

Ricker

What the hell with this game...so far with the Siren the game is way too hard...I am level 7,trying to do the sidequest of killing the Midgetman something,it says it's a level 5 normal quest but jesus,ennemies everywhere non spot,on top of the Boss that I do almost no damage to...I will try another character to see,I mean I reached level 60 in the first,some parts where hard but this is ridiculous so far...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What the hell does this do?
*Life leech OH MAN YESSSSSSSSSSSS

D6sos.jpg

i think aim steadiness is how much your aim is thrown off when someone is shooting you while you are aiming down the sights.
I mean what stat is that, or if it's just inherent to the gun somehow.
Some of my snipers sway way more than others.

What the hell with this game...so far with the Siren the game is way too hard...I am level 7,trying to do the sidequest of killing the Midgetman something,it says it's a level 5 normal quest but jesus,ennemies everywhere non spot,on top of the Boss that I do almost no damage to...I will try another character to see,I mean I reached level 60 in the first,some parts where hard but this is ridiculous so far...

Huh. I'm level 18 now, I think. I can't think of any challenges that made me say, "WTF". Some are slightly more difficult than others, but everything feels manageable.

What the hell does this do?

D6sos.jpg

corrosive swagg

Megasoum

Banned
I looked it up and was like 'what'.

Yeah I got that much. It's life leech :eek:oooooo

Reminds me of the whole "Omelette du fromage" thing. I never watched that show but I work with a bunch of english speaking dude and it's always the first thing they tell me when they learn I speak french.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom