• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsrv

Does the game let you change your character's skin/model after creation or would you have to remake a character to change skin/models?

Eteric Rice

So, question. The badass points are permanant. But if I acquire all of them, will I be able to max out each perk?

I ask because I'm anal about this stuff, and I'm afraid to fuck it up.

XeroSauce

Borderlands22012-09-1922-23-39-76_zps501de015.jpg

Salvador with the Vladof Skin. I was getting the hang of him more on the second try, but now, I'm committed.

Also... DAMN Doc Mercy is tough.

Oh god DOWANT

Derrick01

Banned
Damn I got to a point where I traveled to Sanctuary and had like 15 side quests waiting for me. I'm in the middle of knocking them off one by one and I have to say I like how a lot of them have multiple parts instead of just quick, boring "go here and do this and you're done" objectives.

Also one of them brought me back to Tina after doing the 1st part. So I liked that a lot :D

Weird... I'm getting an error at launch. I was playing the game just fine two hours ago.

"initialization error. Please ensure the game files have not been corrupted or moved."

Haven't done anything with the game files, haven't had any other issues. Anyone have any ideas? Verifying cache integrity does nothing :(

charsace

I'm in the minority, but I liked that characters specialized in certain weapons. I think it contributed to the uniqueness of the classes and gave each different play styles.

Gotchaye

I'm in the minority, but I liked that characters specialized in certain weapons. I think it contributed to the uniqueness of the classes and gave each different play styles.

The class mods still seem to have modifiers for particular weapons depending on class. Only Zero seems to have pistol and sniper mods, and I saw a Siren mod with +96% SMG damage.

Ronabo

I've only played a couple of levels of the PS3 version so far, and I'm loving it, but has anyone else noticed that:

1 - The FOV... or something, seems to be HUGE. I have a 42 inch screen, and I'm not new to FPS's, but for some reason when I play this, it feels like the the whole world is bobbing, and it's hard to focus.

2 - There seems to be a lot more weight to aiming and movement, closer to KZ2 and Mirror's Edge in that sense.

Am I nuts? Did anyone else notice this?

I actually experience the opposite. On my standard 27 inch Sony TV I feel like the FOV is really cramped and my character (Salvador) is only 3 feet tall. But on my 47 inch HD TV I don't get that feeling.

DTKT

So, the lack of instanced loot is kind of bullshit. Even playing with friends, it makes for some really dumb moments where everyone is just rushing to get to the chests first. Or, in the middle of a fight, someone will just run off in order to loot something.

I guess Diablo 3 spoiled me.

zulfate

So, the lack of instanced loot is kind of bullshit. Even playing with friends, it makes for some really dumb moments where everyone is just rushing to get to the chests first. Or, in the middle of a fight, someone will just run off in order to loot something.

i know me too it sucks and doesnt promote team play. do you know if this can be patched in the game? or wait until borderlands 3?

Dire

Get better friends.

Organization and sharing is a part of any multiplayer game. That D3 took that out is a symptom of the 'dumb everything down' mentality of that game and certainly not a perk.

Quick question about Badass rank perk points:

When you respec your talent points, does it also reset your badass points? If not, is there a way to respec your badass rank points?

KePoW

Banned
Is ammo shared in MP? I noticed that even when I'm full on ammo, it will still let me pick it up... does it go toward my teammates?

Razek

Banned
I'm only level 15, but so far I haven't seen any shields that regenerate health like in BL1. Are they not in this time?

I don't think I've seen one either. I'm 20 and so far I've seen:
-melee boost (roid)
-health bonus
-damage on melee (hurts enemy when they melee you)
-nova (aoe damage)
-amp (uses shield energy to increase 1 bullets damage)
-elemental immunity (single element only)
-adaptive (all elements damage decreased)
-booster (percentage to drop shield regen items)

Quick question about Badass rank perk points:

When you respec your talent points, does it also reset your badass points? If not, is there a way to respec your badass rank points?

No. Also, B points carry over to every character on that platform. So you can keep getting them as the challenges reset for your different characters.

KePoW

Banned
Get better friends.

Organization and sharing is a part of any multiplayer game. That D3 took that out is a symptom of the 'dumb everything down' mentality of that game and certainly not a perk.

I'm sorry, but that's total BS. D3 is not great, but the individual loot was actually one of its good features.

There is no reason whatsoever to say that FFA looting is better.

DTKT

Get better friends.

I don't agree with that at all.

If anything, instanced loot provides a more unique experience for every player. I really don't think that creating a mechanic that rewards player to "steal" from others is any good. If anything, it discourages from random coop/grind because you know that there is going to be someone who doesn't give two shits and is just going to run around looting. I mean, sure let player divide ammo and HP, but individual loot just rewards everyone instead of the sneaky or faster players. Not a fan of that at all.

It's a relic of past design and really doesn't fit within the frantic play of B2. I mean D3 has a lot of issues, but instanced loot is not one of them.

I am happy to see that as of the time of this post (11:45 PM EST 9/19/12) Borderlands 2 is beating out DOTA 2 on the STEAM Stats by a good 50,000 players.

Something else I just noticed is that Sniper Scopes display whatever you are looking at in the back lens.

VariantX

I am happy to see that as of the time of this post (11:45 PM EST 9/19/12) Borderlands 2 is beating out DOTA 2 on the STEAM Stats by a good 50,000 players.

Something else I just noticed is that Sniper Scopes display whatever you are looking at in the back lens.

I recall seeing that with just about any scope in BL1

I think this has been said before but doesn't Clap Trap remind you of Spongebob? The way he speaks, what he says, his personality?

Follow him around Sanctuary and listen to some of the conversations he gets into with random people. Funny stuff. Not sure Spongebob is who I'd compare him to though. He's uniquely himself, which is great.

cackhyena

Axton is way more fun than Zero for me. Having much more fun going solo now. Love the bald head beardy skin I got for his head as well.

Axton is way more fun than Zero for me. Having much more fun going solo now. Love the bald head beardy skin I got for his head as well.

Zero has unfortunately not been as fun as I'd hoped. Ended up dumping him and moving to Maya. She's been awesome so far. Will probably roll an Axton next and then move on to the Mechro at some point in the future.

Dire

I don't agree with that at all.

If anything, instanced loot provides a more unique experience for every player. I really don't think that creating a mechanic that rewards player to "steal" from others is any good. If anything, it discourages from random coop/grind because you know that there is going to be someone who doesn't give two shits and is just going to run around looting. I mean, sure let player divide ammo and HP, but individual loot just rewards everyone instead of the sneaky or faster players. Not a fan of that at all.

It's a relic of past design and really doesn't fit within the frantic play of B2. I mean D3 has a lot of issues, but instanced loot is not one of them.

If you can't deal with the possibility that a random person might steal from you then don't team with random people. Hand holding players to ensure there's no or minimal conflict is not good design. One of the most interesting aspects of multiplayer play is conflict. If anything this is one issue that has kept a game like EVE running, and will keep it running for years to come. It sucks when you're on the negative end of it but it actually reinforces the fact that when you play with other people you're not just adding on a few more guns and DPS - you're dealing with actual people with their own motivations, which may be in conflict with yours. It's a compromise. Much like in a player vs player shooter - if you want actual cooperation and a cohesive team, you rarely play with randoms and when you choose to - you know what you're possibly in for.

I think I'm a bit confused with how the skill tree works.

heliosg.jpg

why can't I skill Helios (the icon with the sun face)? Do I need more points in the skill above it?

I ask because I was able to skill 2 of her other abilities without maxing out the categories above them, so I'm a bit lost as to why I can't do it the same with Helios.

Any insight would be appreciated, as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom