• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands movie: Kevin Hart to star alongside Cate Blanchett

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
elirothborderlands.jpeg

Kevin Hart is joining Cate Blanchett in the cast of “Borderlands,” a movie adaptation of the popular video game.
Hart will play Roland, a skilled ex-soldier-turned-mercenary, in the Lionsgate film. Eli Roth, whose resume includes “The House With a Clock in its Walls” and Bruce Willis-led action thriller “Death Wish,” is directing “Borderlands.”

“I’m thrilled to be working with Kevin,” said Roth. “‘Borderlands’ is a different kind of role for him, and we are excited to thrill audiences with a side of Kevin they’ve never seen before. He’s going to be an amazing Roland.”
Lionsgate Motion Picture Group President Nathan Kahane adds, “Kevin has been behind some of the world’s biggest blockbusters, and our source material is inspired by one of the world’s best-selling video games. We love the way our filmmaking team has adapted this story and we couldn’t be in better creative hands.”

Cate Blanchett will portray Lilith:
cateblanchettconsidered_3155603b.jpg

Kevin Hart is Roland:
borderlands-film-kevin-hart.jpg

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

martino

Cate blanchett for lilith ?
2dPH.gif

Even commandant steele it's a no from me (but it could more work)

Last edited:
I don't remember Roland being 4 feet tall, and I don't remember Lilith being a grandmother.

Overall I'd say this is pretty much perfect casting,

I hope it's as good as the Monster Hunter movie was. I for sure didn't want to leave in the first ten minutes of that piece of shit.

Another video game movie to fail before it even gets up to bat. Oh well. Kinda lost interest in this series anyway, So I guess it does not matter.

Last edited:

xviper

For some reason i mixed Kevin hart with Kevin spacey and was surprised how did they get an amazing actor for such a movie

Then i saw Kevin hart's picture and it all made sense. Terrible, untalented, unfunny, annoying and boring actor who plays the same silly role over and over

Lanrutcon

Oh God. You can see the train slowly approaching the broken piece of track. You're powerless to stop what's coming, but you can't help but watch.

Meat popsicles.

Iorv3th

I like Kevin Hart. But the problem with him as an actor is that he can only act as himself and not some serious character. He's always the funny guy.

Why would they pick him for Roland?

I bet it was because he told Randy Pitchford that one of his magic tricks were really cool.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I hear originally the budget for this movie was meant to go towards the next Alien movie, however they just made this instead and outsourced the filming for aliens to some Chinese studio.

Top Bottom