• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Zertez

MidnightRider said:
Well.... I thought I would never say this.... but I am starting to get bored with the game.

It seems I have already found all of the best weapons for any class..... done all the missions for both play throughs..... already earned 1,000 gamer points. (did that shortly after release).

I guess I will just be waiting for Dragon Age to drop now.

Also can't wait for the new DLC for this game and Borderlands 2.

It was an awesome game while it had my attention... hell some days I played for 10+ hours at a time.... it's just now I get bored really quick as everything I find is now shit.
With that kind of playtime, I can see you being bored with the game now. Unfortunately they did not focus a lot on the lvl 50 game. Hopefully for Borderlands 2, they will plan ahead and design good end game runs and put in some special lvl 50 loot. Maybe they will patch the game and add more end game content with the upcoming dlc. The last few areas in the game are perfect for Boss runs, but for whatever reason they went in another direction.

sorry if this is stupid, but am I able to put all points in the talent tree?? I haven't played diablo in years, but basically once I hit 50, I can keep going right? Ill keep getting talent points? or once you hit 50 it stops?

oktarb said:
You must be contagious. I too got the *cough* the very next day. Been a long while since I’ve played sick from work. I always joke about it but it never happens. Borderlands is evil. I did get to beat the first run thru so I guess the sick day was worth it.

I truely hope that they make alot of DLC AND the make it HARD.
I think i got the cold for tomorrow.

Zertez

You can put points into any tree you want. You get points on level up. The level cap is at lvl 50, so once you hit the cap, no more points.

Zertez said:
... Maybe they will patch the game and add more end game content with the upcoming dlc.

This game is begging for DLC. New missions, areas, maybe even manufacturers and weapon types. And for the love of god give us some built in ability to transfer items between characters - people are already going through the hassle of split-screening to do it, so it might as well be built in.

Save brand new game mechanics and overhauls for the sequel, but if Gearbox wants to see this gravy train last I hope they're shifting into DLC production mode.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Future patch or Borderlands 2 wishlist

In game minimap

Multiple quest tracking for same zone

More levels and more talents

More loot drop because there's enough loot so drop more loot and less crap white items

Misc AI fixes (aka bloodwing getting stuck or not attacking multiple times on a single target)

Better more dynamic grenade mods

Adjustable FOV

Customizable weapons/classmods/shields via mod part drops

Loot tables of special items specifically for multiplayer mode on respawnable bosses/rare mobs

TOTAL character customization for all classes including gender, hair, skin color, preset heights/weight accessories

Better vehicle driveability (no sudden stops by hitting a corner of something + better weapon accuracy)

Higher backpack capacity and BANK

Trade system/Loot system option for online coop

Bubble text chat or windowed party chat availability for people with the chatpad

Much different environments and less day/night cycle switching

That's what I can think of off the top of my head atm.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Has anyone figured out once and for all if you can use a mod to get skills past 5? [for example if put 5 points into deploy, plus have a mod that adds another 2 points would that technically be 7? or would I be wasting 2 points on the mod because the max is 5?] I Keep reading conflicting info on the forums...

Raide

Maybe they could also add a PSO style hub system, so players can meet up and form teams before heading out on the adventure.

They really need to add some form of Storage as well.

Dunlop

Slayer-33 said:

In game minimap

Good list, I definately agree with either a mini map or at least single button access to it, I'm always like 4 screens away.

I would actually add the option for loot rolls and lvl parity when grouping, so many lvl 1's just run in and steal all the drops.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Kintaro said:
Any Soldiers care to share your talent specs?
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01550554150550500000000

I am switching between Rifleman/Heavy gunner/support gunner mod for self-sustained solo play

turret and combat rifle are the main tools of destruction

Lord Phol said:
Eff, they really screwed up with the PS3 port, my game runs nothing like that :(.
dude, you know this game uses UE3 right? simply check the track record of UE3 before you regret buying a crappy port...geez

UFRA

MidnightRider said:
Well.... I thought I would never say this.... but I am starting to get bored with the game.

It seems I have already found all of the best weapons for any class..... done all the missions for both play throughs..... already earned 1,000 gamer points. (did that shortly after release).

I guess I will just be waiting for Dragon Age to drop now.

Also can't wait for the new DLC for this game and Borderlands 2.

It was an awesome game while it had my attention... hell some days I played for 10+ hours at a time.... it's just now I get bored really quick as everything I find is now shit.

I would think that would happen with any game if you already beat it multiple times within a week after it came out. :/

Moderation, my friend, play in moderation for maximum satisfaction. :D

I'm going back and forth between Demon's Souls, Borderlands, and Uncharted 2, so things stay real fresh for me since all 3 are really different and unique games.

Zzoram

Slayer-33 said:

In game minimap

Multiple quest tracking for same zone

More levels and more talents

More loot drop because there's enough loot so drop more loot and less crap white items

Misc AI fixes (aka bloodwing getting stuck or not attacking multiple times on a single target)

Better more dynamic grenade mods

Adjustable FOV

Customizable weapons/classmods/shields via mod part drops

Loot tables of special items specifically for multiplayer mode on respawnable bosses/rare mobs

TOTAL character customization for all classes including gender, hair, skin color, preset heights/weight accessories

Better vehicle driveability (no sudden stops by hitting a corner of something + better weapon accuracy)

Higher backpack capacity and BANK

Trade system/Loot system option for online coop

Bubble text chat or windowed party chat availability for people with the chatpad

Much different environments and less day/night cycle switching

That's what I can think of off the top of my head atm.

I think the bolded are the more important things.

Lord Phol

Jonsoncao said:
http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/roland/#01550554150550500000000

dude, you know this game uses UE3 right? simply check the track record of UE3 before you regret buying a crappy port...geez

I'm not regreting the buy, enjoying it alot actually :eek:.
I'm just not so happy with bad optimizing, especially when it's a bad PS3 port. There's no reason one console version should be running worse than the other, when plenty of developers have done great ports for both consoles.
That coupled with all the bugs, some gamebreaking isn't making gearbox look the finest atm in my eyes. But yes the gameplay itself is more than worth it and I applaud them for that.

And as for UE3 games, I just finnished my GOTY some days ago, Batman: AA, had no issues with it at all. Ran and played great, except for some minor pop-up textures (nothing as bad as this game though).

The comment wasn't made as a rant, just slight dissapointment since I hadn't seen the other versions before that clip :v.

Zzoram

quickwhips said:
can anyone hook me up with the play with the dev achievment on 360?

I'm sure it's easy to get. Join any random game. The first random game I joined on PS3 gave me the trophy.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Minor quibble: If there are more guns than the population of the netherlands then why have I already found the same SMG like 5 times by the time I hit level 13? Blade Ripper I think it's called (I know it's something Ripper).

Cahill

Banned
Monroeski said:
Minor quibble: If there are more guns than the population of the netherlands then why have I already found the same SMG like 5 times by the time I hit level 13? Blade Ripper I think it's called (I know it's something Ripper).

Still need to find one more.

You're almost there.

Isn't that a Boss weapon? Those don't count.

Edit: Looked it up, I was thinking of 'Bone Shredder' from Bonehead.

Monroeski said:
63vu5g.png

140xgqs.png

2r6fplx.png

b483sk.png

Not 'true' duplicates, but still.

Zzoram

Monroeski said:

Sometimes a gun will have the same name but have variable stats.

jabipun

Monroeski said:

As Vlad pointed out - the A.I uses various gun parts, and art assets to generate weapons with randomly generated stat values. The base brand and type of gun speciality is one common element - it's through that common element you'll get "shared" names such as Ripper. However, it'll have something before it - like QDD4 Ripper, or XTOD Ripper - obviously, the A.I is randomly generating the 4 numbers before it, while the developers have kept the core design of the gun as the "Ripper" type under "so and so" brand (i.e, Dahl, Tediore etc.)

The fuck was this?
Giant tentacle monster?? I didnt really get inside any kind of vault did i? What the fuck... riches, women, etc, JACKSHIT!!!! And then i bring the key to the other bitch, and now, what?? I got no mission active, nothing to do, was there supposed to be something else? Isn't there some sort of game+ or some shit? Man, this game,
underwhelmaton total. Mysterious chick was what...
a fucking satellite? Wat? Or was she talking to me through the satellite?
WTF? AAAHAHAAAAHAAHAHA!!?!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
MidnightRider said:
I did it like this for a number of days. Couldn't get off of the game to save my life.

It was work/borderlands/3hours of sleep then right back to work the next day just to repeat it all over.

You have described a recipe for getting quickly bored with a game. :lol

EDIT: John, yep, one each. Skills and class mods can alter their effects.

We should get a loot sharing and trading thread going.

Cuz I've got two pretty decent pistols that I would love to trade for an SMG or combat rifle is anyone's interested.

John

Hawkian said:
EDIT: John, yep, one each. Skills and class mods can alter their effects.
That's kind of disappointing. I'm Hunter, speccing in the Bloodwing tree, so that eventually I can summon him more often/he'll kill more dudes. Only level 20 and it feels like I've done everything there is to do with him already.

Shoogoo

Hawkian said:
I'd love a thread like that too, though I'm not all that high leveled yet. where would such a thread go

Yeah, It's better to keep that for later when most of us are lvl50. Good idea though!

Len Dontree

Animator. Respect knuckles.
Can anyone point me to some good impressions of the 360 version? Any major issues / caveats?

I'm fixing to pull the trigger on this on Amazon, but I'm still a little unsure...The only way I'll get to play with friends is on the Xbox, but it also might be a little while before my chief allies get it, so how entertaining is the solo game?

Anerythristic said:
Did you already sell these, all of them except maybe the fire spitting sub machine guns are useless in Playthough 2 action. :D

well they've got 20-30 lvl requirements. of course they're only good for the first play through. lol.

Also, the shotgun on the far right is pretty fucking sweet. do want.

Ceebs

That 3rd person camera is great! I can finally see my phoenix wings. It's such an awesome looking effect that you never get to see on yourself.

Fistwell said:
The fuck was this?
Giant tentacle monster?? I didnt really get inside any kind of vault did i? What the fuck... riches, women, etc, JACKSHIT!!!! And then i bring the key to the other bitch, and now, what?? I got no mission active, nothing to do, was there supposed to be something else? Isn't there some sort of game+ or some shit? Man, this game,

You played the game for the story? Really? I mean its just with the purpose to get from point a to b really. Come on, at least say you had a kick ass time getting from one end to the other. :D

i was playing online earlier. group of 3 came in and dropped some class mods. shortly after everyone disconnected. i opened the lobby and said i was signed out of gamespy. looked at my router and connection. it stopped working. but thanks to the random gamers for letting me have those items :lol.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
jabipun said:
As Vlad pointed out - the A.I uses various gun parts, and art assets to generate weapons with randomly generated stat values. The base brand and type of gun speciality is one common element - it's through that common element you'll get "shared" names such as Ripper. However, it'll have something before it - like QDD4 Ripper, or XTOD Ripper - obviously, the A.I is randomly generating the 4 numbers before it, while the developers have kept the core design of the gun as the "Ripper" type under "so and so" brand (i.e, Dahl, Tediore etc.)
I'm talking about an exact copy; like it's a unique that I keep getting over and over. Blue text name.

How do the boss drops work? Are they always the same? Maybe it is a boss weapon that I'm getting from other enemies for some glitchy reason.

funkmastergeneral said:
How do you get to the 3rd person view?
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043

ctrl+f for it in there.

Haven't had any problems playing co-op on the PC version with random people. Joined several games, just had a 2 hour session. Brilliant fun. I love playing as Brick.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
You played the game for the story? Really? I mean its just with the purpose to get from point a to b really. Come on, at least say you had a kick ass time getting from one end to the other. :D
Yeah, the game was pretty ok overall, better than expected. But the last few bits hardly could have been any less underwhelming.
Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

Grecco

Fistwell said:
The fuck was this?

I thought it was neat honestly.

Teknoman

Baloonatic said:
Haven't had any problems playing co-op on the PC version with random people. Joined several games, just had a 2 hour session. Brilliant fun. I love playing as Brick.

Server list stopped freezing?

EDIT: I say it'll still be like Diablo. You dont just stop playing a game like this once you beat the last boss. Do some sidequests you missed or help others. Loot runs and whatnot. Go through twice.

Top Bottom