• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Fistwell said:
Yeah, the game was pretty ok overall, better than expected. But the last few bits hardly could have been any less underwhelming.
Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

I just felt the journey was extremely awesome. Screw the story and ending but loved this game from start to finish. :p And I just loved the world and the side quests, and well the curiousity of the Vault.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
You played the game for the story? Really? I mean its just with the purpose to get from point a to b really. Come on, at least say you had a kick ass time getting from one end to the other. :D

Wish there was a way to meter someones interest in the story so we could have a competition. I personally think I followed the story less than anyone out there. What do I win?
Seriously had no clue what was going on. Just knew I was getting shot at so I shot back.:lol I'm told I missed a couple of story based missions because of co-op. I'll go back to play them only to kill more shit with more guns not because it will help me understand the story any more.

Sephon

CitizenCope said:
Wish there was a way to meter someones interest in the story so we could have a competition. I personally think I followed the story less than anyone out there. What do I win?
Seriously had no clue what was going on. Just knew I was getting shot at so I shot back.:lol I'm told I missed a couple of story based missions because of co-op. I'll go back to play them only to kill more shit with more guns not because it will help me understand the story any more.

haha, on my first playthough
I rescued someone called tanis which told me to hurry to find the vault, and I asked myself. Who's Tanis, what's the vault, and why do I care?
So in other words I didn't pay attention to names, intro, ending or anything between. I just did what someone said and had fun blowing things up. Now on my third character I'm starting to get it, but there's not much to get anyhow.

I think one of the things that really pulled me in was the style and humor. The game definetly feels unique in those aspects and I liked how it didn't take itself super serious. Clap Trap was funny as hell at the start imo.

I'm looking to snare a copy for a friend and he obviously wants to get it at the reduced price. Anyone that may have one please PM and I can Paypal the funds ASAP. Thanks.

oktarb said:
You must be contagious. I too got the *cough* the very next day. Been a long while since I’ve played sick from work. I always joke about it but it never happens. Borderlands is evil. I did get to beat the first run thru so I guess the sick day was worth it.

I truely hope that they make alot of DLC AND the make it HARD.

Steve,

I fucking knew it. When you come back and find your shit packed up and your desk cleared, now you'll know why. You're fired.

Sincerely,
Your Boss

P.S.
Now you'll have as much time to play DLC as you want LOLOL

BigNastyCurve said:
Steve,

I fucking knew it. When you come back and find your shit packed up and your desk cleared, now you'll know why. You're fired.

Sincerely,
Your Boss

P.S.

LMAO! :)

BigNastyCurve said:
Steve,

Sincerely,
Your Boss

P.S.

:lol :lol

Poor Steve :(

DaveKap

Banned
Just chiming in to say that I am absolutely loving this game to death on the PC. Using all the tweaks to turn off mouse smoothing, fix FOV, make crouching un-togglable and aiming togglable really makes this feel like what I wanted out of Hellgate: London but never got. They found the right balance of simplicity and complexity wrt skills/stats/equipment that makes figuring out what you want to use easy and unique at the same time. I can't stop gushing about this game.

I really hope the zombie DLC they come out with turns into a sort of Starship Troopers affair where you can repeatedly defend outposts against waves and waves of zombies. I also hope they put just enough content into the DLC to make them worth whatever price Gearbox decides on. I feel like they could go really far with this the way Crackdown's DLC did or WoW expansions do, but am afraid Gearbox would rather start working on a sequel than a content pack or will take some lazy way out and release a small amount of content for too high of a price (horse armor.)

Is there any official word of DLC other than the zombie pack?

The only thing that pisses me off about this game is that you can't just walk over money and ammo to pick them up. Walking around pressing X (on the 360) is just retarded. Fine, make me loot weapons manually since inventory space isn't infinite, but don't make me do that shit for the money and ammo.

Dipper145

BigNastyCurve said:
The only thing that pisses me off about this game is that you can't just walk over money and ammo to pick them up. Walking around pressing X (on the 360) is just retarded. Fine, make me loot weapons manually since inventory space isn't infinite, but don't make me do that shit for the money and ammo.
I completely agree. I find myself not even trying to pick up any money or ammo because I'm to lazy to look constantly at the ground to pick up the ammo and stuff. I'm also to lazy to open up the lockers and ammo cache's because I don't want to have to press X a bunch of times, or hold it down. It seems like a thing that didn't really have to be there.

Although just walking over ammo and getting it would make it easier to not run out of ammo as you wouldn't have to look around for it, not that I, or anyone really does that anyway. All those ammo caches are such a waste.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I just hit level 50 in the absolute lamest way imaginable. I got it when I completed the "Merchant of Death" challenge. Basically, I reach level 50 while selling crap guns to the vendor.

DaveKap

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I just hit level 50 in the absolute lamest way imaginable. I got it when I completed the "Merchant of Death" challenge. Basically, I reach level 50 while selling crap guns to the vendor.

Those challenges can be worth a ton of EXP. I think the most poetic way of hitting level 12 is via the 12 days of Pandora challenge. :D

UFRA said:
I would think that would happen with any game if you already beat it multiple times within a week after it came out. :/

Moderation, my friend, play in moderation for maximum satisfaction. :D

I'm going back and forth between Demon's Souls, Borderlands, and Uncharted 2, so things stay real fresh for me since all 3 are really different and unique games.

See when I do stuff like this I get stuck on one game and can't flip to the next.

It seems whatever game I am playing....... I have to stick with it till the end.

DaveKap

Banned
Teknoman said:
Yup works for me nicely.

Oh and Gamepspy ID: Teknoman_EX

Is there a friend list limit? Because Hawkian added me along with someone else, I accepted the add, but dont see the names on my list.

How many names are on your list? I'd venture to guess I have about 20 right now.

Teknoman

DaveKap said:
How many names are on your list? I'd venture to guess I have about 20 right now.

15. The messages popped up in game and everything.

EDIT: Worked just fine when we tried it again. Anyway looking to join someone on their way to kill nine-toes or join me. Game is fun in SP, but that much better with 4 players.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Geez louise, I am level 32, and have been using the same weapon since level 15.

AX10 U SWIFT MASHER(Revolver)
Level Requirement: 12
DAHL (Purple)

Damage: 81x7
Accuracy: 71.4
Fire Rate: 1.2

3.7x Weapon Zoom
-37% recoil reduction
+33% fire rate

2 Rounds.

Even at my current level, I can literally still 1 shot most enemies with this weapon. It's zoom rivals that of a sniper rifle, and the 7 shot spray is ridiculous, simply put - I just need to aim in the right direction and I'll make contact. To top it off, I was using it as early as level 15, and I have a SECOND one, nearly identical but 62 damage instead of 82 (I will probably give this to one of my alts).

I don't know, am I overhyping this gun? I have been using it as my primary weapon for a long time, and I don't have any complaints, but it feels like no gun should be this good/lasting me this long. This thing is only a Purple!

What does GAF think?

I think the challenges provide way too much EXP.

EDIT: I love Mashers in this game too. Mine has a good scope, regenerates ammo, and reloads really quickly. I can use it effectively on pretty much anything that isn't a Crimson Lance merc.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Nope I just got a masher myself and it is one damn fine gun. (Mine has like 90 accuracy and holds 6 rounds though) :D

I've held onto my level 12 sniper simply because it is so good, well not any more, but it was!
My old low leveled machinegun has been good for 15 levels too.

Kinitari said:
Geez louise, I am level 32, and have been using the same weapon since level 15.

AX10 U SWIFT MASHER(Revolver)
Level Requirement: 12
DAHL (Purple)

Damage: 81x7
Accuracy: 71.4
Fire Rate: 1.2

3.7x Weapon Zoom
-37% recoil reduction
+33% fire rate

2 Rounds.

Even at my current level, I can literally still 1 shot most enemies with this weapon. It's zoom rivals that of a sniper rifle, and the 7 shot spray is ridiculous, simply put - I just need to aim in the right direction and I'll make contact. To top it off, I was using it as early as level 15, and I have a SECOND one, nearly identical but 62 damage instead of 82 (I will probably give this to one of my alts).

I don't know, am I overhyping this gun? I have been using it as my primary weapon for a long time, and I don't have any complaints, but it feels like no gun should be this good/lasting me this long. This thing is only a Purple!

What does GAF think?

7 shot spray???

wait a second.

if it holds 2 rounds where are you getting the 7 shot spray from?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Peronthious said:
If I'm reading it correctly, it's the damage multiplier when you get a crit.
No it fires 7 bullets per shot for 81 damage each.

Also it's not spread. It's very concentrated.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Peronthious said:
If I'm reading it correctly, it's the damage multiplier when you get a crit.

no, it just means it shoots 7 bullets in one round. Try it out, if you have something that flashes x(whatever) - go up to a wall, and shoot, (not too close) and you will see a spray. Count the holes in the wall, and you will see it matches whatever number the multiplier is.

Hazaro said:
No it fires 7 bullets per shot for 81 damage each.

Also it's not spread. It's very concentrated.

Yeah I should probably clarify, it doesn't shoot it all over the place like a shotgun, they all pretty much shoot in the same spot.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Peronthious said:
What does the x# refer to when it's on weapons other than the shotgun?

Means the same thing as a shotgun. I have a rocket launcher that does x3 - it shoots three rockets (they spiral around my target 9/10...).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Kinitari said:
Means the same thing as a shotgun. I have a rocket launcher that does x3 - it shoots three rockets (they spiral around my target 9/10...).
Aim at their feet!

I like my spiral launcher too (x4 Fire), but I like my spread launcher more.

500% Burst Fire (x4 Fire) + Holds 11 rockets (Thanks to overload and class mod) :D

Doc Evils

Fistwell said:
The fuck was this?
Giant tentacle monster?? I didnt really get inside any kind of vault did i? What the fuck... riches, women, etc, JACKSHIT!!!! And then i bring the key to the other bitch, and now, what?? I got no mission active, nothing to do, was there supposed to be something else? Isn't there some sort of game+ or some shit? Man, this game,
underwhelmaton total. Mysterious chick was what...
a fucking satellite? Wat? Or was she talking to me through the satellite?
WTF? AAAHAHAAAAHAAHAHA!!?!

That's exactly how i felt. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Teknoman said:
Yup works for me nicely.

Oh and Gamepspy ID: Teknoman_EX

Is there a friend list limit? Because Hawkian added me along with someone else, I accepted the add, but dont see the names on my list.

I'm not on there? Huh. Lemme make sure I got you...

Oops. Check again.

No limit as far as I can tell. Thanks for all the invites everybody! Will be on for quite a while after dinner tonight if people are interested...

EDIT: I WANT THAT FUCKING SHOTGUN REVOLVER GODDAMN.

Oh and thanks to firehead for the great class mods! Even though they're "hunter" which is the default class name :p Great bloodwing boosts.

Shadow780

Anyone know how to get to that green robot at the starting base?

1426007.jpg

9swlco.jpg

Top Bottom