• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Chris R

Dachande said:
Oh for fuck's sake, none of us in our house can play together with the PC version. :( Three of us have the Steam version, one has a boxed copy.

LAN just doesn't work - none of us can connect to each other except two of us when I host the game. Going through Gamespy in an online game is unreliable and barely anyone can even get to the lobby, which is ridiculous anyway because we're in the same house.

There HAS to be something wrong with the netcode. Ports and port forwarding shouldn't matter in LAN.
Oh what the fuck. Please let me know if you ever get this fixed as me and my brother were thinking of buying two PC copys and doing lan play.

ugh i'm pretty SURE i'm at the exact location for the sniper rifle barrel [quest]. Checked the map to make sure. pointed the crosshair and i'm on top of the waypoint. WTF is it?!

Borderlands' barren wasteland setting isn't the only aspect of the game that's following in Fallout 3's radiation-bathed footsteps; like Bethesda's game, it's also going to play host to a series of post-release, downloadable add-ons. Gearbox announced today that "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned" will be the first of several planned DLC expansions for Borderlands.
According to the press release, this Dr. Ned fellow was in charge of keeping the workers of Jakobs Cove alive. Through what sounds like some sort of well-intentioned mishap, said workers have apparently been twisted into a mindless horde of undead horrors -- leaving it up to players to help Ned fight off the zombies, discover a cure, and retake the Cove. This first add-on will go for $9.99 (800 Microsoft points) when it arrives on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC later this year. No word on what to expect from future Borderlands DLC as of yet, but we'll keep you updated.

http://forums.modojo.com/showthread.php?t=160074&page=4

Sorry thats best source I have and im probably late and I apologize. I went back 5 pages.

GWX

DMPrince said:
ugh i'm pretty SURE i'm at the exact location for the sniper rifle barrel [quest]. Checked the map to make sure. pointed the crosshair and i'm on top of the waypoint. WTF is it?!

It's a bug. It's on the left side of the rock formation, not on the right as pointed on the map. Spent more than 30min in this part alone.

EDIT: Well, I'm assuming that's the one. But I think that the item that I'm describing is the the Sniper Rifle Scope. Well, I hope it helps you. SS would be nice, thought.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Last piece in those quests is never in the exact location of the waypoint, it's not a bug. Gotta look for it yourself.

GWX

Shig said:
Last piece in those quests is never in the exact location of the waypoint, it's not a bug. Gotta look for it yourself.

Oh, thanks. I really thought it was bug.

Well, one less to be solved with a patch :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
DMPrince said:
Well I don't know where to search since all the pieces I found were at the exact spot.
It's still in the same general area. Find some high ground look around carefully, you'll usually be able to spot it.

DMPrince said:

The green diamonds only point to areas where you should look. Follow the money bag icons when you're in the area, those point directly to all the loot.

This little quirk is quite infuriating in Old Haven.

DMPrince said:

Back of the round tent in the plain floor. It cost me a couple of minutes to find it, because you can't see it if you're not near enought, because the tent and some garbage hides the green glow.

By the way, the quest progress is a little broken. A lot of times you unlock quests of a certain level after you do a quest that requires 3 or 4 more levels. For example, some easy level 15 quests (very easy to do because you can even use vehicles) that are only unlocked after you complete the Sledge quest (that needs, at least, level 18).

DangerousDave said:
Back of the round tent in the plain floor. It cost me a couple of minutes to find it, because you can't see it if you're not near enought, because the tent and some garbage hides the green glow.

By the way, the quest progress is a little broken. A lot of times you unlock quests of a certain level after you do a quest that requires 3 or 4 more levels. For example, some easy level 15 quests (very easy to do because you can even use vehicles) that are only unlocked after you complete the Sledge quest (that needs, at least, level 18).

hmm. just checked. nothing there.

DMPrince said:
hmm. just checked. nothing there.
When I found it, it was along the edge of the cliff that connects to the tent. So, face the tent(from the front), and follow that cliff left until you find it in the grass. Took me a while to find, since the waypoint is nowhere near the actual item.

Magnus_Bulla said:
When I found it, it was along the edge of the cliff that connects to the tent. So, face the tent(from the front), and follow that cliff left until you find it in the grass. Took me a while to find, since the waypoint is nowhere near the actual item.

nope. i'll try again later. is it even worth finishing this quest?

I'm pretty much 100% convinced now that rocket launchers are garbage in this game. I found one that does 2438 damage per rocket, fires both the rockets in the clip simultaneously, and has 4x incendiary. Mathematically, this thing should be a killing machine. Instead, it's still a piece of crap.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I'm pretty much 100% convinced now that rocket launchers are garbage in this game. I found one that does 2438 damage per rocket, fires both the rockets in the clip simultaneously, and has 4x incendiary. Mathematically, this thing should be a killing machine. Instead, it's still a piece of crap.
Really? That's better than the one I have and I love mine.

Mine is a spread 500% burst fire x4 incendiary.

501 damage
88.8 accuracy
5.7 fire rate

Holds 5 (11 with Overload + Class mod)

The base damage isn't that great, but the lack of a need to aim + ability to shoot 11 plumes of death in 1 second is great. Plus the damage over time is what you need to look at. Launcher elemental effects are the greatest iirc and the DoT for fire x4 is in the thousands.

Maybe it's because my proficiency is only like 4 or 5? I've just found that if it's not a direct hit the rocket is useless. Splash damage is like nothing in this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Maybe it's because my proficiency is only like 4 or 5? I've just found that if it's not a direct hit the rocket is useless. Splash damage is like nothing in this game.
My proficiency when I got it was 2 :lol
Right now I think it's around 9?

Rakk Hive vs. Launcher
http://i34.tinypic.com/23vynmh.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2z6w1eu.jpg

The launcher is very useful to 'one hit' smaller enemies and deal considerable burn damage while I bring out my shotgun pistol. The rockets may only do 3-4k, but the burn seems to do more.

Our group ended up beating the game as all max level, good party. Traded a bit and we had 3 Legendaries lying on the ground before with everyone looking.

Also a Sniper with Trespass for the last level on your 2nd go is so helpful. I can't even imagine how horrible it would of been without one.

Hazaro said:
My proficiency when I got it was 2 :lol
Right now I think it's around 9?

Rakk Hive vs. Launcher
http://i34.tinypic.com/23vynmh.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2z6w1eu.jpg

The launcher is very useful to 'one hit' smaller enemies and deal considerable burn damage while I bring out my shotgun pistol. The rockets may only do 3-4k, but the burn seems to do more.

Our group ended up beating the game as all max level, good party. Traded a bit and we had 3 Legendaries lying on the ground before with everyone looking.

Also a Sniper with Trespass for the last level on your 2nd go is so helpful. I can't even imagine how horrible it would of been without one.
Ah man, those mushroom clouds are so cool. How is it that my launcher is more powerful, but doesn't have those wicked mushroom clouds? :(

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ikuu said:
Not sure if this has been posted yet http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...with-Unreal-Engine-3-Geforces-ahead/Practice/

Funny to see the 8800GT beating the 4870.
My 8800 GTX keeps impressing the HELL out of me.
Aside from the fact that it HEATS UP LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER (i have two extra fans pointing at it, one to send cool air to the videocard's fan, and another to expel the hot air the videocard blows inside the case), this 2,5 years old videocard is a BEAST. It behaves the same as a 5850 from ATI (at least in Borderlands). Best purchase ever.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Loudninja said:
Hey if I got a weapon with 92.4 in accuracy is that +55% included in that stat?

The bonuses are precalculated and show up in the stats. So yea if it was +55 then it's base accuracy was 37.4.

can any of the PS3 version owners angry about framerates comment on what the game is like after patching?

my co-worker owns the PS3 version and says he's yet to see any tearing of framerate drops. he's a 3D animation instructor too, so he's always noticing little things about games like this that i never notice.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Ah man, those mushroom clouds are so cool. How is it that my launcher is more powerful, but doesn't have those wicked mushroom clouds? :(
If it has 4xfire it should have the cloud...

Ultimatum

Banned
rhfb said:
Oh what the fuck. Please let me know if you ever get this fixed as me and my brother were thinking of buying two PC copys and doing lan play.
I've been playing LAN with my brother, works flawlessly.

We've been rather lucky actually, neither me nor my brother have run into any problems with the game, across LAN, online, and offline. No performance issues, everything installed fine, I'm on Windows 7 & ATI GPU, he's on XP & Nvidia GPU, and everything is going great.

:)

Hazaro said:
If it has 4xfire it should have the cloud...
I've seen people with the mushroom clouds before, so it's not a console issue. My launcher is just shitty I guess. I just get a puff of fire not much bigger than the incendiary rounds from my sniper. :(

Insaniac

okay can someone explain to m ewhat i'm supposed to be doing, I'm in Old haven putting out the smoke signals put i walk to a waypoint and there is nothing....

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Insaniac said:
okay can someone explain to m ewhat i'm supposed to be doing, I'm in Old haven putting out the smoke signals put i walk to a waypoint and there is nothing....
The canals?
It's next to where the claptrap was.
BobFromPikeCreek said:
I've seen people with the mushroom clouds before, so it's not a console issue. My launcher is just shitty I guess. I just get a puff of fire not much bigger than the incendiary rounds from my sniper. :(
Sniper elemental effects charge between shots. Chances are if you reload and wait a few seconds you get a big cloud right? Also a lot more damage. :D

Xevren

Smoke signals are in the area, just look up and around and you should see black smoke, that's where they are. Not real hard to find. Waypoints don't help though.

Prezhulio

Dead said:
The PS3 patch supposedly made the loading faster, yet its still slow as molasses :|

the difference is incredible on loading for ps3 to me. 10 seconds max, instead of the 30-40 max it was before.

Zzoram

BobFromPikeCreek said:

That's the problem with rockets. They are useless because they have the tiniest splash radius of any rocket launcher in any game.

Dead

well not really...yet
Prezhulio said:
the difference is incredible on loading for ps3 to me. 10 seconds max, instead of the 30-40 max it was before.
seriously?

Its still taking 1 minute+ to load between areas for me after the patch ;_;

TheFallen

Hazaro said:
Not even necessary. Shock artifact bloodwing can pretty much one shot them. If not, shock weapons rip right through.

Top Bottom