• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brando's last role

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickBoy

BBM_Poster.jpg

See the woman at the bottom? I believe that's his character. I wonder if he could have found his way into a Pixar movie or something...

-SB

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
actors need to stop doing animated films, it seems to be a death sentance to be their last role.

Brando, Orson Wells, Phil Hartman....

SickBoy

I don't know if money was an issue...

Here's an excerpt from the story I discovered this through:

(Director Bob) Bendetson, formerly of The Simpsons, said he originally approached Brando for the role of a money-grubbing 600-pound man who runs the candy factory on the cheap.
It turned out to be an offer The Godfather star could refuse.
Brando, who also starred in A Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront, thought it would be fun to voice the old lady instead — and she was only in three scenes. He needed just one day to record the voice for the short, slack-breasted, blond character, who has a cascade of wrinkles for a mouth.
“I was told by his agent and manager that it was always a dream of his to play a woman in an animated movie. For some reason, that was his dream,” Bendetson said.

-SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom