• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Break HP Limit (FFX)

can you link me to a faq or something ...

I'm on 56k and it's killing me when I brwose, it's been 1 hour and still can't find what I want

AssMan

Banned
Since we're talking about FF HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT THE RUBY DRAGON? I leveled up Squall and Zell to 9999HP and the Ruby Dragon keeps getting stronger! I don't think i'll get to Bahumat unless Odin comes to my rescue, which he did against the Ruby Dragon and killed him with one hit!

belgurdo

Banned
AssMan said:
Since we're talking about FF HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT THE RUBY DRAGON? I leveled up Squall and Zell to 9999HP and the Ruby Dragon keeps getting stronger! I don't think i'll get to Bahumat unless Odin comes to my rescue, which he did against the Ruby Dragon and killed him with one hit!

Meltdown+100 poisons or Pain on status attack+>150 Vit and Spirit, then use any of the guys' limit breaks (Dark Shot works nicely if you don't feel like junctioning status magic)

Or you can just card or eat the bloody thing and hope you luck out on a three turn victory

Bobety

I remember killing bosses in the monster arena then using the items i won on my armour... or something like that, it was awhile ago, just look up an faq

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Junction all kinds of stuff to improve Squalls strength like Strength +60%, +40%, etc. You may want to give him the thing that gives him an extra slot for that stuff. Then you want to junction lots of Ultima or something else really strong to his strength stat. After that, beat him down to under half his HP and toss him an Aura to limit the crap out of whatever he is facing. Junctioning 100 stops on status attack can also be fun.

If you're way behind on junctioning that is your fault for not paying attention, though getting speed, strength and accuracy up fast enough to beat up cactaurs in the desert (20AP a piece) helps speed that up. The best place to get all the GF's and junction stuff is in the dry spot of the game on disc 2.

Arcticfox

How do I customize my equipment?

When the character Rikku joins your party, about a third of the way through
the game, you may customize weapons and armor as you see fit with ANY auto-
ability, so long as you have the nescessary items, and there is at least one
open slot on the equipment you're customizing. This may seem familiar to
anyone who played Final Fantasy VIII and IX, which had "remodeling" shops,
but Square has overhauled the system to give the player limitless
customizing options, not to mention greater ease in finding the components
to customize. (Anyone else have nightmares about hunting down Energy
Crystals in Esthar? Shudder.) Prior to Rikku joining your party, however,
you may only buy equipment in shops, find it in treasure chests, or win it
the old-fashioned way from monsters.

Equipment Remodeling Guide

Ability: Break HP Limit
Effect: Allows you to have more than 9,999 HP, up to a max of 99,999 HP.
Requires: Wings to Discovery x30
Only works on armor.

***Possible Spoiler***

Item List

Wings to Discovery*
Drop- Shinryu (Monster Arena)
Bribe:
1) Marlboro (Calm Lands, Cavern of the Stolen Fayth)
2) Great Marlboro (Inside Sin, Omega Ruins)
* 30 for geting 3 chests at chocobo racing

Also I think some Ultimate Weapons have it.

***End Spoiler***

Dice

Ferrio said:
Feels so cheap having 4-5 GFs junctioned to a person hehe. Junction power!
Haha, yeah FF8 let you do anything, but it let you do it too easily. I like FF7's work/reward balance and progression.

LakeEarth

AssMan said:

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP LEVELING UP! It's the last thing you want to do in FFVIII. What you want to do is get your junctions working, put Full-Life or Life or something on HP, couple with 40% HP or even 80%. Put 100 Ultima's (find the island closest to heaven or hell) on Squall's Str. and just do his limit break until they're dead.

Ferrio

Banned
I remember one goofy thing you could do in FF8 that would give you this crazy advantage.

When you have your first flashback to leguna you can have the guys go off into the sewers that serves no real pupose. There are some enemies that have life, and you can suck them dry. (you won't get to this area as squall and gang for a bit)

Now when the flashback is over, squall and everyone will have the life magic you took and will easily bump your hp up into the 2000's.

Dice

What I like to do on replays is get 100 sleeps from those plants in the training room (do this easily by putting them to sleep) then taking those a little north and putting these skeletons to sleep and getting 100 deaths from them, I think they also have stop. That puts you in a really good position until you can get stronger.

AssMan

Banned
lol. I don't even have the lionheart. What's this thing about using card from the GF? It's special weapon?

Also, how do you keep junctioning a magic spell? All I do is just place the stronget magic into the slots and that's it. I have Firaga and Blizzaga for my HP and it raises it into the 7000's. The closest weapon i can get for Squall next is the next to last weapon.

Ferrio

Banned
Some magics are better at certain stats. You gotta just clicka round and figure out which is beest. Also the more magic (ie 100 the best) the more it'll boost it.

so something like 100 Full life will bump your HP to insane heights, while 100 firegas won't boost it that great.

so like

100 Ultimas to attack
100 hastes to speed
100 full lifes to hp

ect ect

LakeEarth

AssMan said:
lol. I don't even have the lionheart. What's this thing about using card from the GF? It's special weapon?

Also, how do you keep junctioning a magic spell? All I do is just place the stronget magic into the slots and that's it. I have Firaga and Blizzaga for my HP and it raises it into the 7000's. The closest weapon i can get for Squall next is the next to last weapon.

Don't worry about getting Lionheart, that's one of the last thigns you need.

See, there's your problem. Your putting attack magic on health. Putting healing magic on health works way better (and for some reason, flare works really well for HP too). For a ruby dragon, putting Blizzaga on your sword would work since they're weak against it.

AssMan

Banned
See, there's your problem. Your putting attack magic on health. Putting healing magic on health works way better (and for some reason, flare works really well for HP too). For a ruby dragon, putting Blizzaga on your sword would work since they're weak against it.

I think i'm getting it now. I'll try to find the punisher or w/e it's called, just a few more items i need, and I'll try and screw around with the junction system so my strength is powerful.

Ferrio

Banned
Just go around trying to find magic that seems helpful for junctioning and either draw it, or make it from items using GFabilities.

Also nothing stops you from junctioning more than one GF to a single person. So try and make sure you have as many GFs as you can get and junction them to people who don't already have the majority of skills they have.

Top Bottom