• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breif information from PC Gamers Half-Life 2 Review - Multiplayer info

Burger

What was your reaction when you found out you would be the first to review Half-Life 2? It was a mixture of excitement and trepidation, because of the responsibility of being the first one to review it.

Was Half-Life 2 what you expected? More

Was it worth the wait? Absolutely

How long is the review? Nine pages, plus we have a four page story telling you what you need to know about running Half-Life 2 on your system.

Did it seem dated? Not at all.

Are there any spoilers in the review? There are some mild spoilers, because you can’t review it without giving away something. I say very clearly when to stop reading if you don’t want to know anything. If you read the entire review, there are a lot of surprises I don’t talk about, because I want you to be surprised. This is not a spoiler review.

Does it have multiplayer, if so what are they? Counter-Strike Source is the multiplayer.

Only CS:S, no Deathmatch? Only CS:S

Has it(CS:S) changed any from Beta? It’s what they say it’s going to be, but with a few surprises

Who did you get to play it with? Valve as well as playing in within our own offices

Did you get to play HL Source? Yes.

Can you tell me anything about HL:Source? Nope

Is it(HL:S) included in the review? Yes, it's discussed in a sidebar along with a few screenshots.

Anything you want to say the users before I go? I'm just glad I don't have to keep my playing Half-Life 2 a secret anymore! It was killing me. Trust me...you won't be disappointed.

I was hoping for more multiplayer, but we will still be getting DOD Source, as well as like a million mods. Plus it's a given that Valve will release more multiplayer stuff thru Steam at t later date.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I really want HL2 but I think I'm gonna hold off on buying it for a couple months when there's a sale, or when DoD-Source comes out

Is HL:S going to be included in the non-collectors edition for free? Will DOD:S be available for free later on as well, or will you have to pay?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
crawlingpeter said:
Is HL:S going to be included in the non-collectors edition for free? Will DOD:S be available for free later on as well, or will you have to pay?

The only questions that should've been asked...

Burger

There was word that the release candidate that Valve submitted was rejected, but it shouldn't be long now (within a couple of weeks) that the final goes to VU.

Valve have been testing for a long time now, and the CS:S beta would have helped alot with the multiplayer bugs. The first Halflife release canditate was accepted upon submission.

Wether or not VU sit on their hands for six months or less is still uncertain. It's written into their SPA that VU can hold the game from release for upto six months, but this sounds like a fairly standard clause.

Valve has said that the game wont launch on Steam until the retail copy hits the shelves. With reviews coming out next week, and ad's for the game all over the place I'd say it will release soon.

epmode

Burger said:
With reviews coming out next week, and ad's for the game all over the place I'd say it will release soon.
condition zero's reviews preceeded it by six months..

i hope something is worked out before it comes to that..

Burger said:
Wether or not VU sit on their hands for six months or less is still uncertain. It's written into their SPA that VU can hold the game from release for upto six months, but this sounds like a fairly standard clause.
My understanding was that from public statements Vivendi had made, it sounded like they might sit on it through the holiday season unless Valve knocked it off with the copyright lawsuit. Admittedly, all speculation...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I want to know about Half-Life:Source as well. i don't want to shell out for special edition.

I wonder where the fuck my old half life disc is anyway ??

And as to no death match. Valve doesn't give a fuck ;) CS is going to be the most played mp module from the outset anyway... They'll just let the modders do the dirty work for a standard DM mode :lol

Top Bottom