• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spookie

Does anyone know about it courses? Looking to get out of my current job and want to give myself the best possible chance to find a new job.

SKINNER!

Banned
So you mean what does the UK have and the US doesnt'? The US has Cadbury however, the stuff in the states is a lot different then the Cadbury in the UK. When I did the candy swap 2 years ago I had tossed some in.

Yeah, UK sweets/chocolate that the US don't have. Will put down Cadbury on the list since you said it's different.

The Independent said:
A 'terrified' blind man thought he was going to die when police shot him in the back with a 50,000-volt Taser gun after mistaking his white stick for a samurai sword.

Double stroke victim Colin Farmer was on his way to meet friends at a pub in Chorley, Lancashire at 5.45pm last Friday when a police officer approached him from behind, shouted for him to stop, then shot him with the Taser.

The 61-year-old thought he was being attacked by muggers and cried out “I’m blind, I’m blind” as he collapsed on the floor, but was still handcuffed by the Lancashire Police Officer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/i-thought-i-was-having-another-stroke-police-mistook-blind-double-stroke-victims-white-stick-for-a-samurai-sword-and-shot-him-in-the-back-with-a-50000volt-taser-gun-8215206.html

Stay classy Lancashire constabulary.

Spookie

What sort of IT courses? Like "An Introduction to Computers" or "Coding for Experts"?

Yeah should have narrowed that down a bit, sorry. I was thinking an introduction to networking. I'm fairly skilled with a pc but have no experience in a corporate environment.

yeah gotta give props if theres one thing the americans excel at it's food and eating. it's pretty much their national hobby.

Most of their sweets taste like unrefined sugar and flavorings though. Great if you wish to stay awake though.

Where do you live: Essex
Where are you from: Essex
University: Portsmouth (Pharmacology), St Marys University College Twickenham (Masters PGCE Primary Education)
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football - West Ham Utd
Current political party of choice: Leftie
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad
CBBC or CITV: Both

Darren870

Yeah, UK sweets/chocolate that the US don't have. Will put down Cadbury on the list since you said it's different.

Stay classy Lancashire constabulary.

Aero, Double Decker, Yorkie, Mars Bars, Wine Gums, Bounty

We tend to have variations though. Eg Bounty would be an Almond Joy. Wine Gums would be like Jujyfruits. Though I like wine gums better...

I'll stop by a store tomorrow and take a look and see if there is anything I know isn't to similar or is a must have.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I know a guy that used these for a halloween party once. All the drunk people (so everyone) wanted to (and thus tried to) touch them ALL NIGHT.

Great fun.

Interesting. If it attracts attention I'm in!

Just need to think what to do for the rest of the costume.

EDIT: FUCK, Forgot I JUST posted, idiot.

Mikeside

CHEEZMO™;43309983 said:
I had a Boost the other day thanks to you guys reminding me.

Was delish.

They're amazing, but try one straight from the fridge and you'll be in a whole 'nother world of pleasure.

Where do you live:Shropshire
Where are you from: Shropshire
University: Worcester
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football (Man United) Basketball (Nuggets)
Current political party of choice: Labour
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Phoneshop
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Treme
CBBC or CITV:
CBBC

Hello all!

Xun

Where do you live: Bromley
Where are you from: Bromley
Occupation: Currently a runner at a TV post-production company, but it hopefully won't be for long since it's not the industry I wish to get into (animation).
University: Ravensbourne College
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Formula 1
Current political party of choice: I don't have one.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: I don't have one.
CBBC or CITV: Out of the two I'd have to go with CBBC, but I watched Cartoon Network and the Disney Channel more as a kid.

Anyway as I was walking around London earlier, I noticed I was walking alongside Steve Coogan for a bit who was on the phone. Not exactly amazing news, but the most amazing thing to happen today at work.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking about words that no one will get, I found on a shelf a book called The Mangna Farta from Viz. Over 10,000 random rude phrases at my disposal.

Where do you live:Shropshire
Where are you from: Shropshire
University: Worcester
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football (Man United) Basketball (Nuggets)
Current political party of choice: Labour
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Phoneshop
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Treme
CBBC or CITV:
CBBC

Hello all!

Shrewsbury or Telford? :p

SteveWD40

Roger Moore was best Bond though.

oxtWI.gif

Roger Moore wasn't even playing Bond, he was playing Austin Powers a few decades early.

EliCash

Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Glasgow
University: Glasgow
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football, Rangers
Current political party of choice: N/A
Favourite (current) UK TV show: N/A
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: The Killing
CBBC or CITV: I was a Nickelodeon kid. What was Rosie and Jim on, CITV? That shit was ok.

Lirlond

Why happened to U.K/R.O.I?

We're all on the british isles.

Where do you live: Glasgow
Where are you from: Glasgow
University: Glasgow
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Football, Rangers
Current political party of choice: N/A
Favourite (current) UK TV show: N/A
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: The Killing
CBBC or CITV: I was a Nickelodeon kid. What was Rosie and Jim on, CITV? That shit was ok.

Thems fightin words son.

Good to see more Glaswegians in here though. We should all go trash the merchant city.

SKINNER!

Banned

GsJIh.gif

Best 80s Bond theme is *drum roll* It's so cool and suave. Got that memorable chorus and just screams the 80s mang!

and thanks Darren870 :) Don't want you to go out to the shops just to ponder at the confectionery section but if you happen to be doing your shopping or something then just a quick glance will help me out. Don't want to send stuff over that's already widely available over there.

Wes

venison crêpe
Oh a new thread? I'll make my monthly post now then.

Where do you live: Buckinghamshire
Where are you from: Buckinghamshire
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Tennis
Current political party of choice: Any
Favourite (current) UK TV show: The Thick of It
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Mad Men
CBBC or CITV: Whichever one Live and Kicking was on.

Mikeside

Just had my arse handed to me in my first game of FIFA13 Pro Team or whatever it's called. The one where you collect cards

Got whooped 10-0
Fuck FIFA.

EliCash

Thems fightin words son.

Good to see more Glaswegians in here though. We should all go trash the merchant city.

Square go? Yea I fear I have actually alienated myself with that one. The brackets did warn. We should, recently realized there's a lot more Glaswegians/Scots than I thought there would be on here.

Lirlond

Just had my arse handed to me in my first game of FIFA13 Pro Team or whatever it's called. The one where you collect cards

Got whooped 10-0
Fuck FIFA.

GAF has a team, 13 or so dudes who all play pro mode.

Square go? Yea I fear I have actually alienated myself with that one. The brackets did warn. We should, recently realized there's a lot more Glaswegians/Scots than I thought there would be on here.

I really don't give a shit, just thought it should come up ;p

And yeah, we're like vermin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom