• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubble Tea is the bee's knees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
bubbletea.jpg

Hell fuckin' yes. My favourites are Green Apple, Strawberry, Mango, and Taro. What about you? Why are people so scared of Tapioca? I have one friend who refuses to put them in his bubble tea because he thinks they're 'scary'. WTF?

Lychee's my favorite. I like the "icee" kind where it's mixed in with crushed ice, like a slurpee, rather than over the rocks.

Hmm... haven't had any in a while. Must get some!

Fifty

I think tapoica just sounds scary...Even people who don't know what it looks like are afraid of it :( I love Bubble Tea, and since I live in T.O, we've got more locations than you can imagine downtown. :)

BuddyC

hmmm

*googles*

looks like there's a bubble tea shop in the mall. i'll check it out folks, thanks for keeping me cultured!

somnific

Fifty said:
I think tapoica just sounds scary...Even people who don't know what it looks like are afraid of it :( I love Bubble Tea, and since I live in T.O, we've got more locations than you can imagine downtown. :)

what's up with that? when i used to live there there were only a few shops around. i go back to visit a couple of years later and there are shops EVERYWHERE. there are even plenty of locations in tGTO.

some good stuff though. not that i was complaining - it just makes my manadatory bubble tea drink easier to find.

som's mandatory treats whenever visiting TO:

1) poutine
2) bubble tea
3) swiss chalet

goodness, i could go for any of those right now.

Fifty

somnific said:
what's up with that? when i used to live there there were only a few shops around. i go back to visit a couple of years later and there are shops EVERYWHERE. there are even plenty of locations in tGTO.

some good stuff though. not that i was complaining - it just makes my manadatory bubble tea drink easier to find.

som's mandatory treats whenever visiting TO:

1) poutine
2) bubble tea
3) swiss chalet

goodness, i could go for any of those right now.

Ugh, I fucking hate Swiss Chalet. Surely you can find something better. Also, our poutine pales in comparison to Montreal's. I can't think of a single good poutine spot in T.O....

soakrates

In San Jose, there are about four or five of these places within walking distance of SJSU. My friends and I used to frequent Tapioca Express quite a bit, but recently their drinks have started to taste a little too manufactured. Now we usually just hit up this mom and pop tea place that opened up last year.

Fave flavors are strawberry, taro and green apple. I only occasionally take pearls though.

there is an excellent bubble tea place near my apt.

My fav is orange mango...fresh fruit is so refreshing. I usually get some rainbow lychee with it. There is also a variation where you can get a little vanilla icecream in it. AWESOME

somnific

Fifty said:
Ugh, I fucking hate Swiss Chalet. Surely you can find something better. Also, our poutine pales in comparison to Montreal's. I can't think of a single good poutine spot in T.O....

well, no shit montreal's poutine is better. i'm just not going on a 6 hour right just for some poutine, lol. besides, when you live in a place like delaware and are devoid of any type of poutine, you take what you can get!

as for swiss chalet, it's not whether it's good or not (because it's definitely not the best food you can get in TO) - it's more a matter of nostalgia. i grew up eating that stuff every saturday.

Draff

RedDwarf said:
I pay $2.50 for a really large cup of it. That's cheaper than a latte here.

The places here sell it for $4.50 and use powder for flavouring And last time I went to Toronto, it was about the same, although they have places that use actual fruits.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It was fucking everywhere when I went to college. I avoided it at all possible costs. Don't know why really. Just didn't look good to me.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
Without exaggerating , there's probably about 30 places I can get bubble tea at in Boston. That's probably why the price isn't insane.

DaveH

Draff said:
Bubble tea's too expensive.

? Make it yourself. It's easy. Go to an asian food store and buy the "bubbles" and you're good to go. I can't bring myself to pay $3 for these things, those stores must make a killing.

shoplifter

We've got a bubble tea/yakisoba place here in town but I keep forgetting to go. It doesn't help that it's on campus so I try to avoid going down there.

Awesome, I found a local Boba place. I'm enjoying some nice green tea + apple flavor + OMG BUBBLES! right now.

Also, this thread needs more apprecian for the CRAZY lids they put on the cups. My previous one had a little Korean anime Saggitarius dude on it (wierd, that's my sign) and my current one has an anime girl on it and says "LET'S CHEW SOME BUBBLES!" Also the cup has crazy anime angles and stars all over it.

Edit: Price is about $4 for a large one here, $3 for small. But I think it's also the ONLY place in town that sells it.

I hope there is one up in Tallahassee too, I don't know if I can live without it for 9 months out of the year. This shit is instantly addicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom