• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bucket list

Trelane

Anyone have a bucket list item that they want to do before they, well, kick the bucket? I’ve been fortunate enough to snag an affordable holiday abroad next week to a place I’ve always kind of had on my bucket list to visit. Anyone have something to share from theirs?

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
i'm thinking of booking a cruise on the Queen Mary 2 for next year. i know cruise ships are hugely damaging to the environment and shit but going on a ship has always been my dream. my parents took me on little ferries and boats as a kid but I want to go on a proper ship. i fell in love with the Titanic when the movie came out (and not because of Kate Winslet's boobs lol) and have been fascinated by ships ever since. QM2 is the last true ocean liner and i want to go on it even just once before I die. It's expensive as fuck though :(

dmqflxs6-1280.jpg

I love the sound of her horn.

EDIT: not QM2 but I love listening to ships have horn battles! so fucking epic

AND another one. A ship playing Seven Nation Army :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I have a few ... Some are fear based because I have a lot of fears... Especially megalophobia. The ocean. The sky. Certain landmarks like mountains and such. But I really want to Zipline, go on a cruise, skydive, go to the mountains, etc. Some I inadvertently checked off because of friends and random encounters.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Not a ton. I'd like to see the pyramids and Petra. I did go to Japan once but would love to go again. Basically just travel stuff.

I'd do a prolonged hike in a national park in the US somewhere thats several days in the mountains.

Last edited:

Drake

I want to visit Rome, the Vatican and the Louvre before I die. I could do it now as I'm in a good place financially, but I don't really have anyone to go with and I'm not the type to go on a solo trip.

T8SC

Climb Everest & Lhotse, from the Nepal side.
Visit Machu Picchu & Vilcabamba.
Hike the Annapurna circuit.
Visit Angkor Wat.
Rocket flight into space. (If commercially possible during my lifetime).
Drive Route 66.

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I honestly can't think of anything that's really meaningful to put on my Bucket List. I'm not well off by any means but I was fortunate enough to had traveled around many parts of the world before and seen some beautiful sceneries of nature. outside of some vanity things that's really not that important, I don't really desire all that much. maybe just more traveling to places I've never been to. the world is so big after all.

Not really a bucket list but I want two things and that is to stay in Japan/South Korea for more than 2 weeks and to afford to live on my own in my own place with no mortgage/debts to banks.

I'm going with this dude 👌😏

staying in Japan for more than 2 weeks can be more affordable than you imagine. I've been to Japan 5 times now and 4 of them were by myself. the key is to book early. like book everything 6 months before you go early. that will cut down on the price of the flight and hotel. those are going to be your biggest cost. everything else is honestly very reasonable in terms of price. unless you want to go to fancy restaurants every meal, then that's a different story. at the current exchange rate and economy, let's say the round trip flight will be $1400 or so (probably cheaper by $300 or so if you're willing to have stops or layovers), and 4 weeks of hotel will run you $2100 or so (there are some decent accommodations that can be even cheaper at $20 to $30 a night). so the bulk of it will be $3500. then another $500 to $1000 for food and maybe $700 to $1500 for transportation if you plan on going around Japan instead of just staying in Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto etc. you'll be looking at $6000 for a 4 weeks trip give or take ($4500 if you really want to cut it down and budget the trip). and that's being kinda generous. you just need to make a general plan of it and start saving.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

I want to visit Rome, the Vatican and the Louvre before I die. I could do it now as I'm in a good place financially, but I don't really have anyone to go with and I'm not the type to go on a solo trip.
You could do a tour group trip, travelling around with strangers, could even meet someone that way.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I honestly can't think of anything that's really meaningful to put on my Bucket List. I'm not well off by any means but I was fortunate enough to had traveled around many parts of the world before and seen some beautiful sceneries of nature. outside of some vanity things that's really not that important, I don't really desire all that much. maybe just more traveling to places I've never been to. the world is so big after all.

staying in Japan for more than 2 weeks can be more affordable than you imagine. I've been to Japan 5 times now and 4 of them were by myself. the key is to book early. like book everything 6 months before you go early. that will cut down on the price of the flight and hotel. those are going to be your biggest cost. everything else is honestly very reasonable in terms of price. unless you want to go to fancy restaurants every meal, then that's a different story. at the current exchange rate and economy, let's say the round trip flight will be $1400 or so (probably cheaper by $300 or so if you're willing to have stops or layovers), and 4 weeks of hotel will run you $2100 or so (there are some decent accommodations that can be even cheaper at $20 to $30 a night). so the bulk of it will be $3500. then another $500 to $1000 for food and maybe $700 to $1500 for transportation if you plan on going around Japan instead of just staying in Tokyo/Osaka/Kyoto etc. you'll be looking at $6000 for a 4 weeks trip give or take ($4500 if you really want to cut it down and budget the trip). and that's being kinda generous. you just need to make a general plan of it and start saving.
I can barely save up 4k a year without buying some expensive shit like pc parts and i need to save up for my own place and fuck knows what else can hit my pockets yearly but yeah hopefully ill do it.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
What are you planning to do with your writing, once complete? Forgive my ignorance, but have you had your work published before/in other mediums?
I'm gonna self publish on Amazon Kindle. I am not expecting that large of sales. If I sell like 10 copies, I'd be stoked. I published a DND adventure module on DM's Guide. Sold a decent amount of copies. Don't feel confident to share the link here, because it was published with my real name.

I also wrote the script for a JRPG. Here is the game:

I'm not a good writer, but it's something I enjoy. Hopefully people who play my games or read my writing enjoy themselves.

Drake

I will be trying to get mine published and endure the 100+ rejection process.

That's awesome man, that you even wrote something is impressive. This is something I've been thinking about doing as well. I read a ton of books, but I've never really written anything. If I did do this though my goal would not be to publish just as a challenge to myself to see if I could do it.

bitbydeath

That's awesome man, that you even wrote something is impressive. This is something I've been thinking about doing as well. I read a ton of books, but I've never really written anything. If I did do this though my goal would not be to publish just as a challenge to myself to see if I could do it.
I recommend it, the highs of reaching certain parts that pull at the heart strings are amazing.
The lows (for me) are the editing process.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Back in the day I used to write for one of the alt.fiction.stories newsnet groups. Really fun, supportive group. Probably something like it on a reddit today but I'd be afraid of folks stealing my work or using it to feed an AI. Though I guess they can do that regardless.

Trogdor1123

here are a few of mine:

A road trip from my place in Canada to way down in the states and back visiting all the little places along the way. No rush along the way at all. Just spend month going slow.

A trip to Florence to enjoy the art. A month there too.

I’d like to track down the mustang I built in high school but had to sell.

See a nfl game free good seats, including the tailgating.

Take my wife on a cruise.

Fish in lake Baikal

Swim with sharks

Learn guitar

Walk my girls down the aisle

Visit the poles, both of them

Grow my hair back

Porcile

I'd like to see Mt. Everest and other Himalayan mountains with my own eyes to grasp how tall they really are. I don't want to climb them, just look at them. It's not a particularly difficult thing to make happen but I'm not really up for weeks of shabby lodgings and stomach problems that come with that part of the world.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
Just do it. The joy of seeing something youve crafted is immense.

I think you have the right idea. Create for yourself. Too many people focus on publishing. To me its not the point. Its the expression.

Vyse

Gold Member
Just knocked off Japan last week. Amazing country!

Next up is Scotland and Iceland which we have scheduled for next July.

Vyse

Gold Member
Not a ton. I'd like to see the pyramids and Petra. I did go to Japan once but would love to go again. Basically just travel stuff.

I'd do a prolonged hike in a national park in the US somewhere thats several days in the mountains.
Spent some time is Yellowstone, Zion and the Smokey mountains. So pretty!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
First of all,

Continue growing as a person so I can procede to be able to experience the experiences I want to have before my soul leaves my current vessel.

Meeting my love of my life

Going to Canada and visit my birth place and other areas (coming summer; one week with my mom and another week with my dad)

Ayahuasca /DMT/ Psychedelic Mushrooms

Seeing certain Architecture, paintings IRL

Scubadive in an tropical paradise.

Feeling happy

Not dying alone.

Meet some members from GAF. Not mentioning names but it's more than a handful.

Visit Con_Z_ǝdʇ Con_Z_ǝdʇ and his SO/Family at his residence.

Move near my younger brother perhaps when my parents... you know...

Perhaps Skydiving. But not in my current location. Has to have some awesome vista's! As well as visiting some National Parks.

Though question.

EDIT:

Learn a new language.
Get one or more tattoos.

And a threesome on mdma in a luxurious hotelroom with a jacuzzi an all would be awesome lmao.

Last edited:
Top Bottom