• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Budcat Creations handling Psychonauts port

jedimike

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6921/Psychonauts-Goes-to-PlayStation-2

With guidance from Double Fine, Majesco's PlayStation 2 version of Psychonauts is being handled by Budcat Creations,developer of such best-selling PlayStation titles as Madden NFL 2003, Madden NFL 2004 and NASCAR Thunder 2004, to name a few.

Interesting stuff... I'm suprised Majesco would fork out the dough to get this niche title ported to PS2. But if anyone is capable of doing it, these guys certainly know the PS2 in and out.

jedimike

Mama Smurf said:
Aren't those PS1 games?

Yep, that makes more sense now... I didn't think EA paid someone else to do the PS2 versions.

So they don't know the PS2 hardware... and I'm betting will either produce a very shitty port or will just give up on the project, ala Oddworld Stranger

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I am confused....I thought Psychonauts was canceled?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Psychonauts won't be published by MS, but it's still being worked on. Majesco wil be publishing it now.

Baron

Can someone clarify the situation with this Psychonauts game for me -

So...it is now coming to the Playstation 2.

It was previously in development for the Xbox.

Is the Xbox rev still coming, or has the game moved lock, stock, and barrel to the PS2?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Xbox / PC version are being developed by Double Fine
PS2 version is ported by the other team mentionned here.

ferricide

Blimblim said:
Xbox / PC version are being developed by Double Fine
PS2 version is ported by the other team mentionned here.
and it's also coming to PC.

but the xbox version, FWIW, is the "original" version, as it was at one time an xbox first-party game.

mosaic

go eat paint
The Budcat web site makes it seem like they developed Total Club Manager 2004 and ported the classic Madden games that were in the Madden NFL 2005 Collector's Edition. So, they've made a soccer sim and ported a couple PSX games to PS2.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
ferricide said:
and it's also coming to PC.

but the xbox version, FWIW, is the "original" version, as it was at one time an xbox first-party game.
Notice the Xbox / PC in my post ;) The PC version was announced when Majesco became the publisher.

Top Bottom