• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Budokai 2 headed to GameCube

TheDiave

Banned
I hear ya...

Granted, I already have Budokai 2 on PS2, so I'm not jones'ing for a GameCube rendition, but yeah, they should just release 3 on both at the same time.

M3wThr33

Banned
It's like that Godzilla 2 article that was spoofed a while back.
They release DBZ:B2 far after the PS2 version and use the lower sales as a reason of the Cube sucking, where they probably could have gotten twice as much by releasing it at the same damn time.

Overseer

I don't have the game but I have played it. It is button mashing at its best or worse. SCII rulez over all anyway.

lordmrw

M3wThr33 said:
It's like that Godzilla 2 article that was spoofed a while back.
They release DBZ:B2 far after the PS2 version and use the lower sales as a reason of the Cube sucking, where they probably could have gotten twice as much by releasing it at the same damn time.

Normally that would be true, but Budokai on the Cube has done almost 400,000. WHile it is pretty stupid to release a port so late, I imagine it'll still sell.

cvxfreak

lordmrw said:
Normally that would be true, but Budokai on the Cube has done almost 400,000. WHile it is pretty stupid to release a port so late, I imagine it'll still sell.

OMG, really? I guess Budokai 2 is justified then.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Yeah, I don't really see how this approach is any more beneficial sales-wise than just launching both products simultaneously. IIRC, I don't even think the original Budokai had any bonus content when it came to the GC -- just the exact same game a year later.

lordmrw

CVXFREAK said:
OMG, really? I guess Budokai 2 is justified then.

It was completely out of left field when i saw the sales numbers. I guess the budget price and the gba owners who bought the shitty Legacy of Goku games ate it up.

SonicMegaDrive said:
Whoa. I seriously clicked on this topic thinking "Boktai 2 for GameCube". It's not healthy to browse so early after waking up. :)

Heh same here (and probably for the same reason :) ). I was wondering how the hell that would work.

Top Bottom