• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout 3 blasts the UK charts the Xbox version

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Cool! Hopefully, EA and Criterion don't fucking forget to include a proper replay mode in the fourth installment. Go XBOX!!!
Fourth one will be on the PS3 and Xbox 2. In the meantime, Criterion will be busy giving some crazy burnout love to PSP (and finishing 'Black')

Marconelly said:
Fourth one will be on the PS3 and Xbox 2. In the meantime, Criterion will be busy giving some crazy burnout love to PSP (and finishing 'Black')

But now that EA owns Criterion maybe they will force them to make Burnout 4!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
But now that EA owns Criterion maybe they will force them to make Burnout 4!
Maybe they will force them to make a GC version?!?

In all seriousness, the interview where they said their next effort will be solely concentrated on the PSP, was held after the EA acquirement.

Marconelly said:
Maybe they will force them to make a GC version?!?

In all seriousness, the interview where they said their next effort will be solely concentrated on the PSP, was held after the EA acquirement.

Before not after.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Before not after.
OK, I honestly can't bother to look for it now, but last I checked, EA wants to do a significant support for PSP, and thinking that they would force a team so enthused about it to focus their attention elsewhere, just seems like nurturing a false hope to me.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Its sounding like a very impressive turnaround for the series, considering the way sales were trending downward through the first two installments.

Marconelly said:
OK, I honestly can't bother to look for it now, but last I checked, EA wants to do a significant support for PSP, and thinking that they would force a team so enthused about it to focus their attention elsewhere, just seems like nurturing a false hope to me.

I remember it was an interview by Eurogamer and it was held before they were bought by EA. And EA has a history of whoring franchises. Just look at Battlefield Vietnam, was a shit sequel, some better graphics but nothing new at all.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
To be accurate, it was held before any announcement that EA bought Criterion. Negotiations may very well have been underway at the time of the interview.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Doom_Bringer said:
I remember it was an interview by Eurogamer and it was held before they were bought by EA. And EA has a history of whoring franchises. Just look at Battlefield Vietnam, was a shit sequel, some better graphics but nothing new at all.

<EA defense measures engage!>

EA whoring is no different than Capcom, Konami, etc... it's just that EA has more "successful" or maybe I should say visible franchises to whore.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
We'll see, I guess. I know I'm very much looking forward to what Criterion can do on the PSP, but if they can develop more versions of BO4 at the same time, that much the better. I think however, that even EA knows which games can be whored and which cannot. That's why we don't get a yearly SSX update, for example.

Marconelly said:
I think however, that even EA knows which games can be whored and which cannot. That's why we don't get a yearly SSX update, for example.

SSX 2000
SSX Tricky 2001
SSX 3 2003

So, they skipped a year for the 3rd one. If the 3rd had sold well, I guarantee we'd be seeing another this year. They didn't exactly "know" when to rest the series. I think they had to be told by consumers.

In any case, your point is valid, and you have to rest franchises that can't support yearly sequels. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Top Bottom