• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bush courts black voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5496640/

"Does the Democrat Party take African-American voters for granted? It’s a fair question,” Bush told the Urban League’s annual convention. “I know plenty of politicians assume they have your vote. But did they earn it, and do they deserve it?”

If Bush could somehow get 2/10 black votes this election would be a landslide.

Phoenix

Considering Bush has neither earned nor deserves my vote - both parties still start off even in my book.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Courting the black vote starts with telling the NAACP to suck your dick?

When the NAACP's Chairman compares your administration to the taliban, then yes.

Ripclawe

Banned
xsarien said:
Courting the black vote starts with telling the NAACP to suck your dick?

considering the racist garbage and race hustlers the NAACP has now, that was a good thing. BTW, the NAACP doesn't represent all black people's POV.

ShadowRed

Banned
I have a problem with this courting idea. Why don't blacks mobilize themselves into a viable faction, i.e. women, Jews, gays, etc, and demand that blacks be on the ballet in districts were blacks are majorty or a large part of the constituency. Why do blacks think they can/should just vote for some people and hope they do right by us? Blacks will never have true power unless we hold it ourselves and wield and force both the Democrats and Republicans to act in our benefit or risk us shifting the balance of an election in the others favor. As it is now blacks will vote for anything not Republican, and being a liberal I'm just fine with that, but the Democrats have done nothing recently to deserve that support and don't have to for the foreseeable future as long as blacks behave in this way. Blacks need to run their own people and tell the Democrats, "You support us or we won't support you." That way we are not relying on other people to do right by us. No other race of people in this country behaves in the way blacks do.

mrmyth

Ripclawe said:
considering the racist garbage and race hustlers the NAACP has now, that was a good thing. BTW, the NAACP doesn't represent all black people's POV.

Thank you.

And if anybody brings up Jesse Jackson, I'm gonna stab you in the eye with an illegitimate child.

ShadowRed

Banned
Ripclawe said:

No fucking shit Sherlock. I love how Conservatives love to point fun fact out about the NAACP. Name any organization that speaks for all people.

ShadowRed

Banned
mrmyth said:
Thank you.

And if anybody brings up Jesse Jackson, I'm gonna stab you in the eye with an illegitimate child.

I guess you have to stab yourself, since you're the only one who brought him up.

Phoenix said:
Considering Bush has neither earned nor deserves my vote - both parties still start off even in my book.

Bingo but, this little gem from State Rep. John Pappageorge lets me know how the GOP really feels about the black vote.

The GOP would fare poorly in this year's elections if it failed to "suppress the Detroit vote.

You gotta love the GOP black vote strategy.

Let's be honest the GOP neither wants nor is concerned with the black vote. The whole "you Urban league darkies aren't like the bad darkies, you are good, you are special" is so patronizing that it disgustes me even to think about it.

Wolfy

Banned
Bingo but, this little gem from State Rep. John Pappageorge

_241033_byrd.jpg

MIMIC

Banned
I've been to the 2001 (New Orleans), 2002 (Houston), and the 2003 (Miami) NAACP National Conventions. What you hear on the news is pretty tame. They hate Bush. :)

I'm a member of the NAACP, but I don't necessarily share the same "outspoken antipathy" that the NAACP, as an organization, has for Bush. Don't get me wrong...I definitely don't like Bush, but in a different way. But still, that whole "The Party of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass" courting is complete bullshit.

BTW, I applied for an Urban League scholarship and didn't get it. Fortunately for me, I didn't need it! Nah! :p

MIMIC said:
I've been to the 2001 (New Orleans), 2002 (Houston), and the 2003 (Miami) NAACP National Conventions. What you hear on the news is pretty tame. They hate Bush. :)

I'm a member of the NAACP, but I don't necessarily share the same "outspoken antipathy" that the NAACP, as an organization, has for Bush. Don't get me wrong...I definitely don't like Bush, but in a different way. But still, that whole "The Party of Lincoln and Frederick Douglass" courting is complete bullshit.

BTW, I applied for an Urban League scholarship and didn't get it. Fortunately for me, I didn't need it! Nah! :p

They are pretty much going to hate anyone that espouses Reagan like views on civil rights no biggy to me. I think the blind rage antipathy is retarded but, what can you do if neither side is willing to communicate with the other side then this is what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom