• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy my comics! Cheap full-runs and TPBs inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoment

Everything is strictly FOR SALE only. Here's the list:

Comics

Authority Vol. 2 #1
Authority: More Kev #1
Bite Club #1-2
Challengers of the Unknown #1 (Chaykin)
H-E-R-O #1-2
Incredible Hulk #34-59 (Bruce Jones, complete)
Kingpin #1
Legion #25-30 (New series, Superboy)
Legion Secret Files
Love Fights #1
Monolith #1
Outsiders #1-4
Puffed #1
Superman: Birthright #1-6
Supreme Power #1-6 (Regular #1, all first prints)
Swamp Thing #1-3 (New Andy Diggle series)
Ultimate Six #1-7
Ultimate War #1-3
Wildcats v3.0 #1-14, #19-20
Wolverine #13-14 (Rucka/Robertson, Marvel Knights)
Y-The Last Man #2-11 (all first prints)
Y-The Last Man Double Feature (collects #1-2)

Trades/Hardcovers

Dark Knight Strikes Again #1-3 (Prestige)
The Losers Vol.1: Ante Up
Hard Boiled TPB (Oversized, Frank Miller/Geof Darrow)
Orbiter HC (Warren Ellis)
Starman Vol. 1: Sins of the Father

Please PM me if you're interested in anything (or post in this thread)! I need to move this stuff, so I'm planning to let everything go for dirt cheap prices. If you buy more, I'll let stuff for go even lower prices.

Shipping to anywhere in North America should be fairly cheap. UK will cost more.

Thanks for your interest, guys!

nomoment

Bowser said:
Wow, you actually bought (all/most of) Bruce Jones run? You got suckered, nomo. Suckered hard.
What are you talking about? This made for great reading! It's rare that you have such a talent like Bruce Jones working on the Hulk. (Blame Federman, BTW)

(Please buy it from me :))

Alucard

Banned
Weren't you one of the people PIMPING Bite Club? I'm still staying with it 'til the end but only because I'm a completist whore. After that I'll probably try to sell it a couple of years from now...or sooner. I was actually thinking of doing something very similar to what you're doing. I have a bunch of #1s like Kingpin, Powerless, Strange Heroes, Beautiful Killer, 10th Muse, Noble Causes, Transformers, Spawn and others that I could do without. I'm even thinking of getting rid of all my old Superman stuff, namely The Death of Superman and a few of the issues that came after it. I dunno though.

Alucard

Banned
I remember you saying "this is going to be the next big Vertigo title!" and such. And oh how wrong you've been. It's been alright, but I've mostly stayed on board for the promise of more boobies and hot vampire sex.

nomoment

Alucard said:
I remember you saying "this is going to be the next big Vertigo title!" and such. And oh how wrong you've been. It's been alright, but I've mostly stayed on board for the promise of more boobies and hot vampire sex.
Bite Club started off okay, but by #2, I'd realized that Chaykin was focusing too much on the perverse vampire-sex bullshit, and not actually focusing on the story at hand (which had potential!). I'll admit, Bite Club was probably one of my worst recommendations ever. Luckily, it appears as though only you and I bought the issues. :)

border said:
What is Orbiter about?

From Amazin.com

Ten years after its mysterious disappearance, the space shuttle Venture returns to Earth covered in organic material, rewired with alien technology and missing all but one of its crew members. The dust in its wheel tracks indicates it has been on Mars and possibly other planets as well. The United States government drafts an ex-astronautbiologist, a brash young propulsion expert and a washed-out psychiatrist to piece together what happened to the Venture. Ellis hascrafted a scientific mystery similar in structure to an issue of his acclaimed series Planetary. However, where the protagonists of that series are detached observers of the fantastic, here Ellis gives each character a personal stake in the investigation. Ellis has struck gold: his old talents for mad ideas and nuanced tough talk melds witha new optimism, giving this story an emotional depth far beyond thatof typical sci-fi. Doran's art serves his story well, as she handles cataclysmic disaster scenes, detailed technical exposition and tender human moments with equal deftness.

Do a search on the book, and you'll be hard-pressed to find any reviews that are any less than SPECTACULAR. Check out the review from FourthRail for instance:

http://www.thefourthrail.com/reviews/critiques/042103/orbiter.shtml

Now you ask, why am I selling it? Despite the great reviews, it just didn't end up being my kinda thing...

nomoment

Winged Creature said:
The Dark Knight Strikes Again.......why???
I bought it in singles, when it first came out in 2001.

Nobody knew it was going to suck back then -- Frank Miller caught us all off guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom