• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buying a new PS2...got a question

DCX

DCX
Are all the new PS2s the new + model? I'm going to buy one online and i can't make sure becuase i obviously can't see the + logo on the box. Just wondering if all new PS2 are now the new models. Thanks in advanced.

DCX

DCX

DCX
It's a PS2 with a quieter fan, IR receiver built in for the DVD remote, and the iLink is removed, oh and it features progressive scan for DVD movies. I had one but it died on me...or should i say my daughter killed it :) I still have the remote and i want the same model except i want the online pack...i heard early on the online pack didn't come in + models but i think they do now, I'm just hoping if i order a PS2 online that I'll be certain to get the + model.

DCX

Scoobert

Well, a store still might have older ones and if they do they could give you those until they run out. It's probably easier to just go to the store. Or order from ebgames and if its a mistake, just return it at their store.

DCX

DCX
Scoobert said:
Well, a store still might have older ones and if they do they could give you those until they run out. It's probably easier to just go to the store. Or order from ebgames and if its a mistake, just return it at their store.
They won't take EB online returns...the problem is i have no transportation to the mall where EB is, otherwise i wouldn't ask this question. I'm relagated to ordering online. Just wondering if anyone recently has ordered a PS2 online and what model did they end up with.

DCX

Drek

all the models Sony makes now, including the Online bundle, are + models, but you can't really tell what you'll get from an online retailer until you get the system. If you're buying from a big time retailer it'd probably be the newer model, but you can't really be quite sure unless you buy it retail and make sure yourself.

I'm planning on buying an online bundle pretty soon. My brother wants the NA out of it, and my current PS2 is a little iffy on reading discs sometimes. Plus then I can mod the current one or something fun like that. :)

Scoobert

DCX said:
They won't take EB online returns...the problem is i have no transportation to the mall where EB is, otherwise i wouldn't ask this question. I'm relagated to ordering online. Just wondering if anyone recently has ordered a PS2 online and what model did they end up with.

DCX

Ebgames.com charges tax, so now they do.

Items may be returned or exchanged by shipping them to EBgames.com, or by taking them to an EB Games store location in the United States. Items returned to an EB Games store location must be accompanied by the original packing list.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/shipping/returnPolicy.asp

DCX

DCX
I figured all they make now is the + model, i just hope i don't get screwed and get an old one :(

DCX

DCX

DCX
Scoobert said:
Ebgames.com charges tax, so now they do.

Items may be returned or exchanged by shipping them to EBgames.com, or by taking them to an EB Games store location in the United States. Items returned to an EB Games store location must be accompanied by the original packing list.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/help/shipping/returnPolicy.asp
Awesome...but again it's pointless becuase if i had a way to EB i would MAKE sure i'd get a + model online pack :p lol

DCX

Hajaz

from a modders perspective, youd actually be better of with a non+ ps2, since v9/10 can give problems with some chips/apps

DCX

DCX
Hajaz said:
from a modders perspective, youd actually be better of with a non+ ps2, since v9/10 can give problems with some chips/apps
Doesn't concern me much...i just want to be able to use my PS2 DVD remote that is for the + model.

DCX

Prospero

I got one of the newer PS2 models in January '04, so I imagine that all stores would have to have nothing but those by now.

Top Bottom