• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Rayme

Vyse The Legend said:
Man, people are leveling up fast. I saw a few 30s already.
The IW crew have been playing their retail 360/PS3 copies ever since the boxes arrived at the studio from the factories (Thursday). I mean, like, nonstop. It's epic. =)

Rayme said:
The IW crew have been playing their retail 360/PS3 copies ever since the boxes arrived at the studio from the factories (Thursday). I mean, like, nonstop. It's epic. =)

Nah, I saw some of you IW guys with stars already. I'm taking about average joes with a lot of time on their hands.

Synless

Defuser said:
For overall of the PS3 version is that:
Great graphics although there some bad textures here and there but overall is great.
Smooth framerate.
Online Multiplayer is great.

So does the 360 version have the same bad textures in areas? does anyone know yet?

ElyrionX

Went online for a couple of hours.

HOLY SWEET JESUS CHRIST!

The multiplayer is SOOOOOOO good. IMO, it's better than Halo in so many ways. The unlock system provides a massive amount of incentive for playing and it rewards you regardless of how well you actually play in the match. It's a lot like BF2 on the PC but it's a lot better. Rewards are nicely spaced out and the Perks system makes combat a lot more interesting. Definitely the best online multiplayer game I've played ever since I've got a 360.

Also, for those of you who are already playing it, does anyone notice a bug with the grenade launcher not functioning correctly? There are plenty of times where I fire it off and it hits the wall and it doesn't explode. All I see is green trail of smoke. Is it just me or is it a bug?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
ElyrionX said:
Also, for those of you who are already playing it, does anyone notice a bug with the grenade launcher not functioning correctly? There are plenty of times where I fire it off and it hits the wall and it doesn't explode. All I see is green trail of smoke. Is it just me or is it a bug?

It's realistic, actually. The grenade round has to travel a certain distance to "arm". If you shoot someone or something with it up close, the round will not explode.

bounchfx

painey said:
i want this game for absolutely nothing except for single player mode.

sounds like you are going to be missing out on the second best multiplayer experience of the year.

team fortress 2 ftw

I went to Gamestop to pick up the Playstation Eye today since Best Buy didn't have any in, and while I was there I noticed the CoD4 preorder poster saying that if you preorder the game for XBX or PS3 you get the SAS Bonus DVD and a hardcover book! I thought that was just for the XBX CE, needless to say I plunked down my $64 on the spot. :D

A word of caution to people who are picking this up this week: When you first start out on MP, you will die a lot. Don't be discouraged. Just stick with it, until you get decent gear.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Gamestop automated call thing told me Gamestop would have it tomorrow (Early evening)

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Vyse The Legend said:
A word of caution to people who are picking this up this week: When you first start out on MP, you will die a lot. Don't be discouraged. Just stick with it, until you get decent gear.

The default weapons are more than decent, you'll find, when you go back to max out the objectives for those weapons and have become comfortable with basic controls and map layout.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Called GS, and they advised me to preorder (of course) but mainly because it was the PS3 version. He was pretty surprised at how many people were asking about it.

Guess I might actually preorder with GS today.

I've called around a few places here in Canada, and they are telling me it's going to be in the 6th at ebgames.

and for the bigger stores best buy future shop the 7th..

anyone know where I can get it in canada for the 5th tommorow?

Goreomedy said:
The default weapons are more than decent, you'll find, when you go back to max out the objectives for those weapons and have become comfortable with basic controls and map layout.

Yeah, they are, but my advice was for people starting out. When you buy the game this week, you will already be facing people with better weaponry, which can get frustrating. Stick with it, though.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Confirmed: At EB stores in the greater St. Louis area and greater Nashville, TN area Call of Duty 4 will be there "after 12pm" tomorrow (Monday November 5th.)

I know managers in both places and they will be selling it then tomorrow.

Not sure if this is for all eb games stores but its the ones I can positively confirm. If you're in those areas and interested get ready@!

gray_fox224

vumpler said:
Confirmed: At EB stores in the greater St. Louis area and greater Nashville, TN area Call of Duty 4 will be there "after 12pm" tomorrow (Monday November 5th.)

I know managers in both places and they will be selling it then tomorrow.

Not sure if this is for all eb games stores but its the ones I can positively confirm. If you're in those areas and interested get ready@!

What about BestBuy? =( They say the 7th for them. Could they sell it to me early if I say that GS/ Eb are selling them tomm?

Ryu

My local EB said they'll have it in tomorrow (the 5th) as it shipped today. Here's hoping. :) My local EB is in the California Bay Area FYI.

spwolf

do we know if it will be world play on PS3? I am getting it from USA, just making sure it wont match me only to US servers.

Somnia

The gamestop I work at is getting it around 7PM CST for xbox360/ps3 tomorrow...without real numbers lets put it this way we are getting 72 more copies for 360 than ps3...poor ps3 =(

h3ro

Somnia said:
The gamestop I work at is getting it around 7PM CST for xbox360/ps3 tomorrow...without real numbers lets put it this way were getting 72 more copies for 360 than ps3...poor ps3 =(

I'm curious to see the sales numbers for this game and the breakdown b/w the PS3 and 360 since I'm guessing most 360 owners are still knee-deep in teh Haloz and besides Ratchet thats already out, there isn't much besides that on PS3 right now (until Uncharted anyway)...

Somnia

h3ro said:
I'm curious to see the sales numbers for this game and the breakdown b/w the PS3 and 360 since I'm guessing most 360 owners are still knee-deep in teh Haloz and besides Ratchet thats already out, there isn't much besides that on PS3 right now (until Uncharted anyway)...

Ya I'm pretty curious too...we actually had quite a few people want the PC version but ended up getting the 360 version instead cause it is coming on Monday instead of Tuesday...ya

Shinraven

I still think the 360 will sell more, who has a machine that can play this smooth as hell. besides, I want to play with my friends on 360.

I have a ps3, picked up Rachet for it. yawn! ( for the wife )

Ill rent the ps3 version later to compare LOL !:lol

Grecco

h3ro said:

Hell why not mention teh orange box too lawls

This game is going to sell very well on the 360. The Beta did wonders for this

Wollan

spwolf said:
do we know if it will be world play on PS3? I am getting it from USA, just making sure it wont match me only to US servers.
There's no reason for there not being. It's P2P right (and as far as I know, only MotorStorm has region locked (dedicated) servers for any PS3 game).

a1ot3.jpg

a2pa8.jpg

a3um9.jpg

a4iv8.jpg

a5gd4.jpg

a6my5.jpg

a7cm6.jpg

a8hf2.jpg

a9au2.jpg

a10do4.jpg

Found here: http://forum.outerspace.com.br/showthread.php?t=114277

O______________O

h3ro

Grecco said:
Hell why not mention teh orange box too lawls

This game is going to sell very well on the 360. The Beta did wonders for this

I agree, it will sell well on the 360 because its an awesome game. Just curious to see if it will sell well on the PS3 as well.

Those new shots look amazing! Can't wait to pick this up!

pxleyes

Banned
Well, I'm going to get the 360 version. Will look great on my HDTV, and I'm getting it at Circuit City so I get a free CoD3 to...use a coaster or something.

Top Bottom