• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

MCD

2448c4x.gif
Infinity Ward
2448c4x.gif

Somnia

So I get my game tomorrow...its all paid off..but I cant experience the best looking next-gen FPS cause of 3 little red lights...ah microsoft how I love thee

Just played a bunch of games with Rayme and TSUEnami from IW. Good guys. I can't wait for more people to get the game, though. I want to play objective-based games.

FFChris

Somnia said:
So I get my game tomorrow...its all paid off..but I cant experience the best looking next-gen FPS cause of 3 little red lights...ah microsoft how I love thee

That sucks. Try and get a straight swap from the shop you bought your 360 from.

FrankT

This being released at Gamestop on Tuesday or tomorrow? When I reserved it the other day the guy said they were getting it a day earlier than everyone for release, is that supposed to be Tuesday?

gray_fox224

Jtyettis said:
This being released at Gamestop on Tuesday or tomorrow? When I reserved it the other day the guy said they were getting it a day earlier than everyone for release, is that supposed to be Tuesday?

Gamestop/EB tomm BUT YMMV

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Vyse The Legend said:
Just played a bunch of games with Rayme and TSUEnami from IW. Good guys. I can't wait for more people to get the game, though. I want to play objective-based games.

Amen. Great games. Still learning the (plentiful and massive) maps, but it's good times, off day and all.

We need some HQ action, damnit.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Vyse The Legend said:

*shakes fist @ TSUEnami*

I was able to stay up there on the leaderboards for a day or two, until he and a few others powered through until ~4AM last night, all the way to 55/Prestige 1. :)

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Wow, that is quite possible the best in-game mustache I have ever seen. Holy shit that looks incredible.

traveler

Not Wario
Big-E said:
Can't wait for next week but god damn why do games have to come during paper writing season?

You're telling me. Got to get through about 8 more pages tonight and do a German one tomorrow that I've been putting off. This week is hell. :(

Rayme

Vyse The Legend said:
Was really cool running into you two. Holy crap was I dying a lot; but had a lot of fun. And I hear you on wanting to play the Objective modes; we played some S&D/Domination/HQ until 6am this morning... as good a time as I have with straight-up TDM (and I do!), I *heart* the Objective types so, so bad.

Nothing beats the tension of S&D, either. Silenced G3 ftw!

Remy

spwolf said:
do we know if it will be world play on PS3? I am getting it from USA, just making sure it wont match me only to US servers.

One of the guys in a game I played today was British, and was asking if anyone else was British, so...

(Of course, most everyone playing right now seems to be centered in NYC.)

Rayme

Remy said:
One of the guys in a game I played today was British, and was asking if anyone else was British, so...
Yup; you'll be fighting with people the world-over. ;)

Matchmaking is much-improved over the Beta, though, so you won't get matched up with bad hosts nearly so easy as could happen a few months ago.

MercuryLS

Banned
Rayme said:
Yup; you'll be fighting with people the world-over. ;)

Matchmaking is much-improved over the Beta, though, so you won't get matched up with bad hosts nearly so easy as could happen a few months ago.

Nice.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Guess what.

ill be playing this game in 2 days, i is excited ya.

Edit: oh yea i got a COD4 hat

pics tonight.

well i got my copy tonight.. im lost for words with the overall atmosphere this gem of a game gives off..wow, brilliant job IW.

That back seat in the car cutscene is remarkable and it will be remembered by me as one of the best kick off beginging of a game sequences ever crafted..realy sets the tone of this game, simply amazing.

The gameplay.. lost for words, GAME OF THE YEAR HERE, Crysis, your damn pretty and pretty fun, atleast with the demo but i think COD4 gotcha, itll be damn hard for you to top this baby :D

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
How is the spectating during search and destroy when you're dead?

I didn't like it that much in the beta since there wasn't a "free-cam" mode. Felt like a poor man's Counter-Strike with the camera being locked behind the players back.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Mr.Potato Head said:
well i got my copy tonight.. im lost for words with the overall atmosphere this gem of a game gives off..wow, brilliant job IW.

That back seat in the car cutscene is remarkable and it will be remembered by me as one of the best kick off beginging of a game sequences ever crafted..realy sets the tone of this game, simply amazing.

The gameplay.. lost for words, GAME OF THE YEAR HERE, Crysis, your damn pretty and pretty fun, atleast with the demo but i think COD4 gotcha :D

Oh oh tell me what happens! :p

adelante

I still can't believe how GORGEOUS this game looks, after having played it past two days. TONS of enemies onscreen, vast open areas, objects n people that casts soft self-shadows, and those awesome DEPTH OF FIELD effects!!!!! (love how the grass blurs away as you crawl past it, strangely enough that effect only happens in the first sniper mission :/ ) And IW as managed to pull all that off at 60 FPS NO FREAKIN LESS!!!! :O

MercuryLS

Banned
adelante said:
I still can't believe how GORGEOUS this game looks, after having played it past two days. TONS of enemies onscreen, vast open areas, objects n people that casts soft self-shadows, and those awesome DEPTH OF FIELD effects!!!!! (love how the grass blurs away as you crawl past it, strangely enough that effect only happens in the first sniper mission :/ ) And IW as managed to pull all that off at 60 FPS NO FREAKIN LESS!!!! :O

They are coding ninjas, no doubt.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If anything this gives hope to the expansion of future game visuals on both 360 and ps3, so we havent seen the best they can do yet.

jjasper

pxleyes said:
Well, I'm going to get the 360 version. Will look great on my HDTV, and I'm getting it at Circuit City so I get a free CoD3 to...use a coaster or something.

Or sell it on ebay to make back some of the cost.

TEH-CJ

Banned
adelante said:

And blood effects!?

TEH-CJ

Banned
wowfactor said:
just put side by side:
PS3
DSC03072-1.jpg

a15uy8.jpg

The soldier models are a little bit different.

Bias and fanboism aside

why does the ps3 version look alot better there

that is a serious Q btw.

edit: nvm stupid me, i dont think its a fair comparison as the ps3 pic is in day and the 360 pic is at night.

h3ro

wowfactor said:
just put side by side:
PS3

I think that has more to do with the shots being taken in different parts of the game... junior am fale...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Vyse The Legend said:
You haven't seen anything yet. Some of the environments look even better.

If you can take half a moment to notice any of it through the batshit insanity of everything going on. :lol

moai

wowfactor said:
just put side by side:
PS3
DSC03072-1.jpg

a15uy8.jpg

yeah that's a great comparison, very similar screens, same time of day, same angle, same tv, same stage, etc............<rolls eyes>
but then again, your post history says something.................keep this console wars shit away from this thread. now let's see some more screenshots..............the one's with the sas guys are amazing........:D

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
one is shaky cam, the other is a screenshot lol...

It's been said over and over that there are no difference in the 2 versions.

Top Bottom