• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Glad I heard about Live Fire weekend. This is the first time I've heard about it actually. So many shooters to play, so little time! I'm having fun with Team Fortress 2 and Halo 3 on 360 already and now CoD4 comes into the mix. And oh yeah, something called full time student, full time assistant manager and what's this...girlfriend? Damn being so busy all the time. But sign me up.

Defuser

Woohoo!! It turns out my store near me is actually selling the game now!! I go pick up the game tomorrow.

btw is the Game region based ?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Totally forgot about this game. I blame TF2 for sucking me in.

Going to be hell fun to see what Infinity Ward can do for this. CoD 2 was the fucking bomb.

Dr.Hadji

I can't tell if this question is out of place thanks to the oh so colorful title but I'll ask anyway. Does CoD4 support split screen online multiplayer ( ala Halo 3 )?

the_id

Saw the singleplayer demo last night. First time seeing a COD game.
OMG! Its like real war!!!!!! can't wait for next week.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
the_id said:
Saw the singleplayer demo last night. First time seeing a COD game.
OMG! Its like real war!!!!!! can't wait for next week.
6h4n239.gif

Dartastic

"Oldcore"??? :lol :lol

Man, I'm so excited for this game. After playing the beta, and remembering the amazing fun that was COD2 on Veteran... I'm really looking forward to this.

manngc

Dr.Hadji said:
I can't tell if this question is out of place thanks to the oh so colorful title but I'll ask anyway. Does CoD4 support split screen online multiplayer ( ala Halo 3 )?
It appears to, but I would like confirmation of this as well. Anyone?

radjago

2) No rumble (DS3) support - we found out about it too late to add it to this game. Hopefully next time around, though!
CoD5 confirmed? Or is Infinity Ward going to be making CoD6 while Treyarch piddles around with CoD5?

gray_fox224

Do any of you guys know how the packaging will be in the 360 limited edition? I hope it won't be crappy like Halo or Gears...

Stantron

gray_fox224 said:
Do any of you guys know how the packaging will be in the 360 limited edition? I hope it won't be crappy like Halo or Gears...
god, I really hope it's not like those flimsy tin cases. Either give me a Lost Planat or PDZCE type metal case, or give me the regular plastic clam shell with the DVD and Artbook seperate.

gray_fox224

Stantron said:
god, I really hope it's not like those flimsy tin cases. Either give me a Lost Planat or PDZCE type metal case, or give me the regular plastic clam shell with the DVD and Artbook seperate.

Ditto.

Stantron said:

Ah the cases that don't want to let you remove the disk undamaged.

BPK

A little disappointed in the lack of rumble support for ps3. With games like motorstorm and warhawk adding rumble via patch is it too much to ask for a stellar dev like Infinity Ward to do the same? Saying "maybe next time around" implies that there will be no patch.

saelz8

jarosh said:
no cod4 pc on steam?

also, there's no shitty region lockout on the us pc version so i wouldn't be able to play it on my euroland machine, right? wasn't that the case with some games lately?
It'll be on Steam. It's already uploaded to their servers. We're just waiting for an official announcement/Steam page.

BeeDog

Quellex said:
It'll be on Steam. It's already uploaded to their servers. We're just waiting for an official announcement/Steam page.

Will you be able to register a retail key with a Steam account? Or won't it be allowed like with STALKER and CoH?

Mrbob

PlayStation 3
*Ranked Multiplayer Matchmaking up to 18 Players
*Voice Chat with USB/Bluetooth Headset
*No Rumble (DualShock 3) Support
*No Keyboard or Mouse Support

Meh.

No KB/M support pisses me off.
Oh well I'm going to get a system that handles crysis at 60 fps in the future. By that time i'll be able to play cod4 with the glorious mouse and keyboard.

Nizz

Rayme said:
The Halloween video is all engine footage, yes.

Dko5 did all the editing and footage capture, iirc. It wouldn't have happened without him. When he shows up here, make sure to exalt him. ;)

The site will be updating over the next seven days, right up to release. Lots of goodies each day!

http://www.infinityward.com/modernwarfare/day6.html

Nice job with the trailer! :D This will be a day one purchase for me (PS3 version). I'm gonna go pre-order this weekend...

GeneralIroh said:
No KB/M support pisses me off.
Oh well I'm going to get a system that handles crysis at 60 fps in the future. By that time i'll be able to play cod4 with the glorious mouse and keyboard.
Me too, can´t see what´s stopping them now that UT3 will have it, it can be done. The keyboard handling could be a straight port from the PC-version, shouldn´t be a lot of work.

tiptronik

how many players online for the pc version???

Which version shud i get?

My rig is AMD X2 4600 2.4GHz. 2GB Ram. X1950PRO 512MB.

or shud i go for the 360 version?

chapel

Banned
tiptronik said:
how many players online for the pc version???

Which version shud i get?

My rig is AMD X2 4600 2.4GHz. 2GB Ram. X1950PRO 512MB.

or shud i go for the 360 version?
32 I believe for PC version.

Your system should be able to run it, but not at max detail with the video card. I would say medium to high easy though at a decent resolution.

Top Bottom