• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered Gets Review Bombed On Steam After Shut Down Of Multiplayer Mod

Draugoth

Gold Member
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered is getting review bombed on Steam after Activision shut down a new multiplayer mod.

The multiplayer mod for the PC version, known as H2M, was set to bring the multiplayer mode from 2009’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered with the latter’s updated visuals. However, before this could happen, Activision sent out a Cease and Desist letter to shut down the mod ahead of its release.

Modern warfare remastered review bombed

Since its launch on Steam, the game had been a top seller on the digital platform. However, after the H2M mod was shut down by Activision, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered has been getting review bombed by those who had purchased it and had undoubtedly been looking forward to the multiplayer mod. Recent reviews are tagged as “Overwhelmingly Negative” on the game’s store page.

via voxel

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Its not shut down, well unofficially it is but you can still play it but I wont link how, just search Youtube and you will find out how to play it

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Damn that will impact all the millions of sales that happened *checks watch* seven fucking years ago.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It was near the top of the Steam best sellers chart last week or so because of this mod

2sWVJe3.png

A blip in activision-blizzard revenue, at best. Everyone and their mother is just gonna buy Black Ops in a few months anyways.

If you guys want to see a genuine significant change in cod sales I would pay attention to 2026. I do not know what they will do that year lol this year black ops, next year infinity ward, but 2026? They are shit out of luck.

clarky

Gold Member
A blip in activision-blizzard revenue, at best. Everyone and their mother is just gonna buy Black Ops in a few months anyways.

If you guys want to see a genuine significant change in cod sales I would pay attention to 2026. I do not know what they will do that year lol this year black ops, next year infinity ward, but 2026? They are shit out of luck.
Next year is an expansion/ continuation of Blops, IW is 2026.

Same type of deal we got with MWII & III.

I believe it will be like this going forward with just MW & Blops with a filler / expansion in the off years. Giving the mainline games 4 years of dev time in-between.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
It's always "Us vs them" when it comes to modders, big companies make modders look dangerous but here's the thing, what the hell did they expect?

Top Bottom