• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: World at War DS

23556931.jpg

Official Thread
(There doesn't seem to be much coverage on the DS port, though)

Metacritic Average: 82

Number of players per online match: Four

Anyway, I picked this up yesterday, and I'm having some difficulty finding players online. Here, you may leave your friend code, and I'll post it here for reference. This may be a lost cause, but I know there are some who also bought it.

Friend Codes:

Radioheadache - 223506-881097
Gamecocks625 - 305111 - 863250

Smokey said:
damn, good luck with this!

I didn't even know it released on DS.

I know...

Call of Duty 4 was also released on the DS, but it had no online play. I got it because CoD4 DS was fun, and I don't have a decent PC, PS3, or Xbox360 to play the "true" version.

Hive said:
great! Let me know how this is, and how it compares to CoD:4.

I've only played around with it a little, and generally, it's pretty similar to CoD4. In fact, it uses the same engine. However, it looks like the graphics are slightly better, but I don't really remember CoD4 very well in terms of graphics. The character models aren't great, but the environments look rather nice. The controls are the same (obviously), and as for the enemy AI, they're pretty responsive, but not too much of a challenge. Unlike CoD4, there's a lot more content. There are about thirty sub-missions to complete; each with several tasks. Multiplayer, both online and local, consists of deathmatch, CTF, team deathmatch, and hunter/prey. I'll have to play more to give you a full review.

Edit**

I added a link to the metacritic page for the game in the OP.

scitek

Don't own it, but I think it's funny and kind of sad that it has more online modes than the Wii version. I'm getting a DS Lite soon, so I might pick this up with it.

scitek said:
Don't own it, but I think it's funny and kind of sad that it has more online modes than the Wii version. I'm getting a DS Lite soon, so I might pick this up with it.

It's a fun game, and a good FPS for a handheld. I tried a free-for-all online, and it was pretty good (although, there was only one person). You can choose from several maps, your affiliation, and weapons as well as respawn time, length of the match, and score.

If you bought and enjoyed Call of Duty 4 DS, you should pick this up since it adds more to it, and you can actually continue to play with the various online modes.

I picked this up yesterday and will definitely post my friend code when I get home from work today. I tried one online match last night and was thoroughly surprised with how good it played. I wish wifi allowed for more players, but 2v2 is better than nothing!

Top Bottom