• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you guys ABSOLUTELY confirm the new PS2 comes with a 1 year warranty?

So my Daddies, Climax, have produced an online racer (ATV3) that allows me to justify repurchasing a PS2. Can you guys absolutely confirm the new model comes with a 1 year warranty? I know there's been a lot of misinformation about PS2 and XBOX warranties on these boards in the past (The documentation in the box says 90 days). I can't believe Sony is finially offering a decent warranty on one of their products, but if true, it'll save me the money of purchasing an extended warranty.

PS2 KID

Yes, it does.

http://www.us.playstation.com/support.aspx?id=warranties

LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2 (SCPH-70000 SERIES) COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that each of the constituent products of this "PlayStation®2" console shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If one or more of the above-identified products is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA's liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option. For the purpose of this Limited Warranty, "refurbished" means a product that has been eturned to its original specifications. You must call 1-800-345-7669 to receive instructions, and then must deliver the product, freight prepaid, to the authorized service facility specified to obtain repair/replacement services.

Top Bottom