• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

$340 after tax for a Vita? Yikes!

Vita + 4GB Memory Card + Little Deviants Game (retail separately $29.99) + Uncharted: Golden Abyss Game (retail separately $49.99) all for $299.99 with that promo.

And the 4GB Memory Card is like 30 bucks or whatever too separately, I'd say that's a pretty damn good deal and super tempting.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
MONTREAL your tickets are on sale now for Zelda Symphony: http://www.laplacedesarts.com/pda-evenement/8976/the-legend-of-zelda.en.html

Vancouver on sale as well as I posted earlier: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004777D621DE34

Toronto your tickets will be on sale March 31st: http://www.zelda-symphony.com/schedule

Very nice. I've never attended a show at the Sony Centre, without the very few stage events I've seen in the city being at Massey Hall. Will buy tickets as soon as they're available.

Bruiserk

For anyone that doesn't know, you get Uncharted for free when pre-ordering the limited-release first edition bundle Vita between Jan 6-12 at BB.

Image for clarification:

coupon.jpg

I was a little confused reading this page before checking my e-mail.

joedick

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah, maybe not.

I think I'll just buy games and then wait to buy the console later.

I did this with DS and PSP many years back. Probably buy Gravity Daze and just wait for later in the year to buy a Vita.

Why would you buy games if you don't have the system? By the time you get the system the games might have gone down in price.

Zing

Banned
In what world is a 4GB memory card worth more than a few dollars? I guess I haven't researched the Vita enough. Is this some new proprietary memory card instead of the 4GB cards you could get virtually free just a couple weeks ago? I got a 16GB card for $20, and I thought that was expensive!

Oh geez, I just googled… it is a proprietary SD card? When will Sony ever learn?

StevieP

Banned
In what world is a 4GB memory card worth more than a few dollars? I guess I haven't researched the Vita enough. Is this some new proprietary memory card instead of the 4GB cards you could get virtually free just a couple weeks ago? I got a 16GB card for $20, and I thought that was expensive!

Oh geez, I just googled… it is a proprietary SD card? When will Sony ever learn?

Gotta make up for the initial hardware loss somehow. Worst part is that it's microSD sized, so those expecting "unofficial" adapters won't get their wishes this time.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Gotta make up for the initial hardware loss somehow. Worst part is that it's microSD sized, so those expecting "unofficial" adapters won't get their wishes this time.
No, the worst part is even though you can save to the game card some games require a memory card.

Zing

Banned
Betamax
please don't tell me how successful it was with professionals
, minidisc, UMD, memory sticks etc. They'll never learn.
Are you comparing truly new technology to DRM'd SD cards with no other benefits? Or am I missing the joke here. My sarcasm detector is failing.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Ordered RE: Revelations!

As always Firestorm, you're boss.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Fuck yeah! I found my black, backwards compatible Wii at the Zellers across town. It was the Mario Karts bundle and they had two left. Entering Zellers makes me feel like enter 2010... old games at high prices. Time to find some component cables and start some Wii Ware downloads.

krae_man

Fuck yeah! I found my black, backwards compatible Wii at the Zellers across town. It was the Mario Karts bundle and they had two left. Entering Zellers makes me feel like enter 2010... old games at high prices. Time to find some component cables and start some Wii Ware downloads.
I've seen the cables at walmart.

Takao

Banned

2010? My local Zellers still has GBA games, and had N64 titles well into the PS2 era.

Always got a good laugh seeing PS2 games for like $79.99.

krae_man

Changed my Vita preorder again. First I switched to the first edition bundle, and now to the free Uncharted bundle. Now I kind of want to cancel my $26 Hot Shots preorder. I'd rather pay the extra $4 to guarantee I get it the very second I get my Vita and not risk the Purolator guy tiptoeing up to my door, putting the card in my mail box, then bolting.

Changed my Vita preorder again. First I switched to the first edition bundle, and now to the free Uncharted bundle. Now I kind of want to cancel my $26 Hot Shots preorder. I'd rather pay the extra $4 to guarantee I get it the very second I get my Vita and not risk the Purolator guy tiptoeing up to my door, putting the card in my mail box, then bolting.

I'm considering doing that with one of my $24.99 preorders too. I want something I know I can grab as soon as I get my Vita. That will probably Hot Shots or Wipeout.

Fuzzy

Actually I just got the HDMI cable that was included with the PS3 3D Display and a $5 one from Princess Auto:p
Princess Auto has HDMI cables? With the amount of times I've had to go there for service calls with my old employer I never paid attention to everything they sell. :lol

Cheerilee

Princess Auto has HDMI cables? With the amount of times I've had to go there for service calls with my old employer I never paid attention to everything they sell. :lol

I bought a meat grinder there. Now I can turn worthless steak into perfectly good ground beef!

Fuzzy

I bought a meat grinder there. Now I can turn worthless steak into perfectly good ground beef!
I know they have all kinds of shit since my old employer built a bunch of them but I never bothered to look through the entire store.

soultron

Banned
Princess Auto probably just got into that. I worked as a picker at one of PA's biggest distro warehouses maybe 4 years ago. We didn't stock HDMI cables back then. Probably because component was still the preferred HD cable, if you'd allow me to make that assertion.

EDIT: The "real" price (memory cards, etc.) of the Vita fucking hurts. With the 3DS being so cheap, I know where my handheld monies are going this month. :c

Riou

I was wondering if anyone from Canada brought one of the eightarc fusion arcade sticks. I'm interested in ordering one but I don't know if I will have to pay duty on it. $45 for shipping and having to pay duty is gonna suck =(

BadWolf

I've been waiting on this too and haven't seen anything worthwhile yet. Cheapest I've seen is $89.99.

Kind of want them to drop to half price.

Yeah I kept waiting and waiting but anything lower just wasn't happening so bought them at $89.99.

So worth it.

Quick

Banned
The PS3 headphones are awesome. I use them both on my PS3 and PC. I got mine as a gift.

Worth it at $89.99, I say. Better priced than other wireless gaming headsets at $100+

Firestorm

Superstore
Pokemon Rumble Blast - $25

It's like a Gauntlet Legends clone with Pokemon from what I could get from how people describe it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Superstore
Pokemon Rumble Blast - $25

It's like a Gauntlet Legends clone with Pokemon from what I could get from how people describe it.

Anything over $10 is too much. If it had multicart play for local co-op, I might be able to justify $20, but they can't even give us that. It's mind numbing, it's a WiiWare title, the 'overworlds' are nothingness.

Kak.efes

Future shop has a couple of online sales a year where they sell head phones at -50% off. I got my mine for $120 last fall. If you can wait, there's bound to be some nice deals in the offing come spring and summer.

sikkinixx

Any word if Futureshop will do any cool Vita pre-order stuff? Don't wanna do the Bestbuy one since I have gift cards up the ass from FS. :( I want a free $50 game...

Firestorm

Any word if Futureshop will do any cool Vita pre-order stuff? Don't wanna do the Bestbuy one since I have gift cards up the ass from FS. :( I want a free $50 game...
You could see if they'll ring in the Future Shop gift cards. They work just fine online and I assume would work in store if they'll just scan 'em in.

Future shop has a couple of online sales a year where they sell head phones at -50% off. I got my mine for $120 last fall. If you can wait, there's bound to be some nice deals in the offing come spring and summer.

Alternatively you could see if you can arrange to ship them to a US address. Headphones are usually more than twice the price in Canada. (amazon.com vs amazon.ca for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom