• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLLmAtlc

Anyone here by any chance selling their NHL 12 for PS3. So hard to find it at a decent price. Boooooourns EA.

Well I got a copy from Futureshop for $40 (45 after tax) during their Holiday sale and I've been planning to return it. Do you live in the Vancouver area? If yes I wouldn't mind selling it to you for $45 instead of returning it. It's factory sealed btw.

Well I got a copy from Futureshop for $40 (45 after tax) during their Holiday sale and I've been planning to return it. Do you live in the Vancouver area? If yes I wouldn't mind selling it to you for $45 instead of returning it. It's factory sealed btw.
I live in Toronto :( With shipping and all I might as well buy it new so that won't work. Thanks anyway.

I live in Toronto :( With shipping and all I might as well buy it new so that won't work. Thanks anyway.

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/html/pbPage.holiday-deals-2011

Just got a new game console for Christmas? Or maybe you just want to update your game library. Whatever the case, stock up now and save more with every game you buy. Purchase any two games and save 20% off, buy three games and get 30% off, buy four or more and get 40% off. Offer not valid for purchases of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, game points, games released within 30 days, and time cards.

They ship to Canada but you might have to pay shipping.

Last day for the Best Buy Vita "Free Uncharted" offer.

But now I'm curious - if Uncharted comes out on launch day, but the First Edition comes out a week before, how are we going to get our game? Either BB will break street date, or we have to make a second trip??

Here's the coupon required for the PSVita + Free Uncharted
https://www.bestbuyrewardzone.ca/pdf/GC_January_Coupon.pdf

You gotta be a reward zone member too, so sign up!

Also, it's for preordering the 1st Edition Bundle, which includes 4gig memory card, case, and Little Deviants.

Last day for the Best Buy Vita "Free Uncharted" offer.

But now I'm curious - if Uncharted comes out on launch day, but the First Edition comes out a week before, how are we going to get our game? Either BB will break street date, or we have to make a second trip??

Uncharted is supposed to come out on the 15th. I'm not sure why they have it listed as the 22nd.

SickBoy

Seems like the week for XBLA renewals...

Superstore flyer has 12-month gold cards for $35 starting Friday, and apparently they'll be $40 at Future Shop, too.

timnich

Anyway that I can preorder that bundle online? I forgot that the offer ends today, don't think I can make it to a best buy before it closes.

Greyvvolf

Uncharted is supposed to come out on the 15th. I'm not sure why they have it listed as the 22nd.
I did the BestBuy Vita deal earlier today. I was told the game would be with the Vita when it comes out. I was wondering if she meant on the 15th or 22nd, so she must of been talking about the 15th. Thanks for this info, DoctorWho.
Someone in this thread was saying the free Uncharted was not on their receipt (it wasn't on mine either). When the woman put the numbers from the coupon into the computer at the register it showed up as "VITA - FREE UNCHARTED". So hopefully it will not be a problem getting the game when we pick up our Vitas.

ElNino

Starting tomorrow, XBL 12-month cards are $34.97 at RCSS, and $39.99 at FS/BB.
This is almost certainly a YMMV scenario, but I just picked up a 12-month XBL card from the BB in downtown Toronto and it was only $19.99. There was an automatic $20 deduction at the register when the code was activated, but since it was already in the system at $39.99 it took the $20 off of that.

It is definately an error, but who knows how long it will last until they notice. I didn't even notice until I got back to my office and looked at the receipt as I bought some other stuff as well on the transaction. BTW, the new Xbox 360 Wireless/Bluetooth headset (which should work on the PS3 as well) is on sale for $39.99.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I work at a best buy, and the amount of people who were sent over FROM EB by the clerks, telling them either to pre-order here or actually convincing them to cancel the pre-orders there then come here were astounding - I only worked like 4 days in the last two weeks, and in that time I've had like 20 customers come over from EB.

SickBoy

The PS3 accessories on sale seem pretty widespread too... 'tis the season, I suppose, as everyone gets to know the consoles they received at Christmas.

Any thoughts on the navigation controller? I haven't cracked open my move controller yet, but would consider one if there's enough use for it. I would presume it's a little comfier than a Dual Shock...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The PS3 accessories on sale seem pretty widespread too... 'tis the season, I suppose, as everyone gets to know the consoles they received at Christmas.

Any thoughts on the navigation controller? I haven't cracked open my move controller yet, but would consider one if there's enough use for it. I would presume it's a little comfier than a Dual Shock...

I haven't either, but I figure it'd be useful for FPSes (har) and Wii ports like No More Heroes.

Firestorm

Anyone have experience with the 360 Chatpad? Is it comfortable enough to leave connected all the time? Is MSN still a laggy PoS on 360?

I did the BestBuy Vita deal earlier today. I was told the game would be with the Vita when it comes out. I was wondering if she meant on the 15th or 22nd, so she must of been talking about the 15th. Thanks for this info, DoctorWho.
Someone in this thread was saying the free Uncharted was not on their receipt (it wasn't on mine either). When the woman put the numbers from the coupon into the computer at the register it showed up as "VITA - FREE UNCHARTED". So hopefully it will not be a problem getting the game when we pick up our Vitas.

I'm worried about this too, so I kept the coupon. The sku on the coupon matches the one on my receipt. I think that's all that matters.

Edit; woops

Had my tabs crossed.

I checked my local future shop for the Heroic edition Infamous 2. Wasn't on sale, and they were too busy to see if it was a pricing error. Can anyone confirm if the Future shop clearance is in store?

RS4-

Anyone have experience with the 360 Chatpad? Is it comfortable enough to leave connected all the time? Is MSN still a laggy PoS on 360?

I've been using the chat pad for a few years now, it's a nice thing to have and I haven't had any problems with it attached while playing.

I should try hooking it up to my arcade stick because it's really annoying trying to type with anything but the chat pad.

Firestorm

I've been using the chat pad for a few years now, it's a nice thing to have and I haven't had any problems with it attached while playing.

I should try hooking it up to my arcade stick because it's really annoying trying to type with anything but the chat pad.
Bought it and it's an interesting little device. Seems to still be comfortable using the gamepad but the keyboard is not what I'm used to, mostly because I keep trying to use it like a BlackBerry I think. Keys aren't where I'm used to. Keep hitting "p" instead of backspace x.x

Oh, and MSN works great on the 360 now. No lag at all and they finally seem to have allowed multiple sign-in locations at it so it's synced with your PC and doesn't log each other off.

Giard

God fucking dammit this is annoying.

Thankfully it was still a unique password but ugh. Hopefully financial details weren't jacked? According the article it doesn't seem like it, but still.
Don't know, sure hope it isn't the case.

Why did they hack an indie website that's been very nice to its customers? I really don't get it.

jimmypython

maybe a bit off topic but is Telus 3G down or just my iphone 4?

i haven't been able to use 3g today..the 3g symbol is there but my iphone just cannot connect to internet.

i've tried reset/restart the phone a couple of times but the problem is still there...

PS. wifi is fine...

edit: it's back now...i don't know what happened...

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
maybe a bit off topic but is Telus 3G down or just my iphone 4?

i haven't been able to use 3g today..the 3g symbol is there but my iphone just cannot connect to internet.

i've tried reset/restart the phone a couple of times but the problem is still there...

PS. wifi is fine...

edit: it's back now...i don't know what happened...
I have Koodo which is on the same network as Telus. Anyways Telus sometimes has issues with data, texting and MMS. A lot of people have reported this on many forums and it's happened to me as well. It's something to do wih their network iirc.

Hey You

A little offtopic, but has anyone who owed some money on their Blockbuster (canada) accounts receive a collection notice yet?

I owed about $60 for forgetting to return a game I rented and didn't pay it off. Its obvious too late now, so I assume it was sent to a collection agency.

A little offtopic, but has anyone who owed some money on their Blockbuster (canada) accounts receive a collection notice yet?

I owed about $60 for forgetting to return a game I rented and didn't pay it off. Its obvious too late now, so I assume it was sent to a collection agency.

They probably sold the AR to someone who will use a collection agency, yeah. If it was $10 you'd probably be fine but for $60 you're likely to receive a notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom