• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They're all super easy. For green read the stuff posted in the background for the clue and for blue read the hint at the top of the page and click on the 3 games. You get a part of the answer in each of the 3.
I'm in! Thanks!

My answers in e-mail tags. Quote to reveal.

Bomber was mine for blue. Try all caps and lowercase. The green talked of different devs so I kept inputting some, Newell, Miyamoto, Sakurai and Molyneux and it suddenly worked. Not sure which did the trick though.

EDIT: LOL @ the link for if you choose not to enter hahaha

LeetBM

Neo Member
I'm in! Thanks!

My answers in e-mail tags. Quote to reveal.

Bomber was mine for blue. Try all caps and lowercase. The green talked of different devs so I kept inputting some, Newell, Miyamoto, Sakurai and Molyneux and it suddenly worked. Not sure which did the trick though.

EDIT: LOL @ the link for if you choose not to enter hahaha

I'm MaxCole in the community forums, talk to you there!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LOL, some of the trivia dates back to Atari. I got the one about Blast Processing, hahaha!!!
Yeah I have to say, this trivia is actually incredibly well done. Some of it is Canada-relevant too which is cool. I got to level 10 or whatever, does this mean I'm G-List now or what? How do I know?

@SuperSonic1305 Works in Firefox for me.

Vamphuntr

Yeah I have to say, this trivia is actually incredibly well done. Some of it is Canada-relevant too which is cool. I got to level 10 or whatever, does this mean I'm G-List now or what? How do I know?

click enter G-list area at the bottom

KarmaCow

The trivia is pretty cool but the bugs are really demotivating. I got to level 10 but the status thing started saying '-X points to level 10' and when I reloaded I was back at level 3. I'll try it tomorrow I guess.

LeetBM

Neo Member

Yep! Once you're Level 10 you're on the G-List and eligible for perks. And I agree, the trivia is actually a lot of fun.

I'm pretty happy you guys are having a great time. This is why I came on here to tell everyone!

What I like about the site is that it isn't easy.

There's a certain challenge to getting the perks. Keeps the RFD'ers at bay. They change things up every so often in order to keep the answers fresh. Smart way of handling things.

Most perks (like the $95 PS3 Display/$100 off Vita) are limited to only a few hundred. Like I said earlier, the free game must be a promotion to lure people tot he site.

If they say they're giving a free game away, I'm inclined to believe them.

I was able to solve the codes for green and blue.

Currently, Green is "molyneux", and blue is "bomber" Green may change tomorrow though.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Apparently not, lol. Bah the preorder coupon is good though. Hopefully the next batch of prizes will be good.

Too bad about CinemaNow. Maybe it'll get to Quebec eventually. Looks like another hardware perk is coming in a few days. See the countdown timer?

Vamphuntr

Too bad about CinemaNow. Maybe it'll get to Quebec eventually. Looks like another hardware perk is coming in a few days. See the countdown timer?

Next monthly hardware perk? Revealing on January 23rd. What could it be!?

Maybe there will be iOS games too as there is a mobile section in the perks list.

Anyway I have to go to bed now it's getting late.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Next monthly hardware perk? Revealing on January 23rd. What could it be!?

Maybe there will be iOS games too as there is a mobile section in the perks list.

Anyway I have to go to bed now it's getting late.

Yeah I know, me too. Haha.

Have a good sleep! See you around.

parasight

The Trivia is rather unforgiving. I entered Ho-Oh for the legendary Pokemon Ash first sees on the show, and I'm assuming they wanted the answer without the dash because I got it wrong. Other things like this have caused me to get some wrong.

Mikey Jr.

Tried going to that site. I registered, then got completely fucking confused as to what to do.

There is like 6 bars, then I click a bar and redirects me to another site. I have no idea what I am looking for, or where these trivia questions are, or where I would even put my answers.

Whatever. I'd rather go to work then deal with this shit.

No offense marketing guy.

whitehawk

Banned
I'm also confused as hell. These were supposed to be some of the passwords...

Challenge [Redo Support] = HUMAN
Challenge [Gren Aid] = ORIENT
Challenge [Bleu Wizard] = ALUCARD
Challenge [Yelo Dyne] = CARRIER

But apparently some of them have changed. Only the first one works for me.
Have you guys heard that all Canadians are eligible to receive a free $60 video game of your choice next month through tsilon.ca?

It's pretty cool. :)

http://www.nextgenplayer.com/2012/01/leaked-memo-shows-free-video-game-for.html

I just got a promo code for a $199 PS Vita off the site. Couldn't believe it. Pre-ordered at Futureshop.ca...
Alright I got to look into this. Sounds a lot like Lockerz.com

At the beginning, the site is awesome and gives away a lot of free shit, and that's it's only purpose. Once it draws people in, it becomes shitty, doesn't give too many prizes away and now has tons of users to make ad revenue off of.

Takao

Banned
I can't upload an avatar. I choose a file then it asks me to choose a file again, which I do before asking me to submit my changes and booting me back to the home page without any avatar.

I am completely confused on what I'm meant to do on this site.

D:

EDIT: Okay, I'm on the bleu clue page now doing the riddles, this is actually pretty cool.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Well I got the Cinemanow thing. Well at least I'll have it once it gets emailed to me. Anyways, this is pretty neat. Good job marketing guy.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Well I got the Cinemanow thing. Well at least I'll have it once it gets emailed to me. Anyways, this is pretty neat. Good job marketing guy.

Man, thanks so much. I seriously got my head bit off when I first posted here. I'm not a marketing guy though, I'm a media guy! The owners of this site said they are going to tip me off about the perks and in return I'm just to get the word out.

Really glad you're enjoying the site, and I see now that the next perk is a $99 3DS, pretty cool. I already got one though. :/

Anyway, these guys said I'm going to be only person given the heads up about the free video game next month so pay attention in the forum as I'll be letting G-List members know first about when this deal is going to land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom