• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetBM

Neo Member
This site is kind of the best thing ever. Too bad I missed out on the Vita offer!

I'm really glad you're enjoying the site. I'm at Level 13. Takes a lot of work gaining levels now, it sucks. lol

I really don't want to grind to 15, but I guess I should to get the CinemaNow perk. :/

Socreges

Banned
I'm really glad you're enjoying the site.
Why do you care? Seems like you're involved somehow, but not willing to tell people that.

I think I'll wait until someone reputable can actually prove that this is worthwhile. For now I'm not even going to bother giving the site hits.

Just curious, is there a way to get the key for redosupport without phoning them?

I tried email but no reply and tried skype but I'm assuming that isn't automated.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Why do you care? Seems like you're involved somehow, but not willing to tell people that.

I think I'll wait until someone reputable can actually prove that this is worthwhile. For now I'm not even going to bother giving the site hits.

I care because I'm a lifelong gamer and just think people need to know about how fun the site is, how great the Canadian gamer community is, and all the perks. I'm not tied with the site in any way, and I specifically told the owners that I'm not in this for perks.

The only benefit I'm getting is early access to information, which is great because then I can be the one to let everyone else know what awesome perks are coming next.

I really think if you need people to vouch for the site you can just ask around here. I know there are a bunch of GAFers who got $95 3D TVs, $100 of the PS Vita, and $50 vouchers for CinemanNow.

The next perk is $99 Nintendo 3DS, which looks like it's going live in 9 hours.

LeetBM

Neo Member
Just curious, is there a way to get the key for redosupport without phoning them?

I tried email but no reply and tried skype but I'm assuming that isn't automated.

I know some people got it through Skype, but I ended up calling the Washington phone number...

Tagg9

So this "leaked" promotion isn't going on yet, right?

I'm at level 10 and got into the member's area and can't see anything.

LeetBM

Neo Member
So this "leaked" promotion isn't going on yet, right?

I'm at level 10 and got into the member's area and can't see anything.

The promo is going live mid-February according to that leaked email I was given. I don't know the exact date. The $99 3DS is going live in 9 hours though...

LeetBM

Neo Member
I'm pretty positive you work for them, but I don't care. I'm glad you brought this to my attention.

Absolutely guarantee I do not work for them. But anyway, it's up to you to decide what you feel.

I had to go through the hassle of registering, took me 90 minutes. These guys approached me in December about being their media outlet and I originally told them I'm too busy for this, lol. I'm still having to go through the whole grinding exercise, currently at Level 13. I really don't have the motivation right now to level up any more. haha

LeetBM

Neo Member
What level do I have to be to be able to see this 3DS promo?

I don't know! It doesn't actually say in the Hardware section. I've seen Level 10 and Level 15 perks. No idea what the 3DS perk requires...or how many they're giving away.

For the free game, the owners of this site told me it's "every active member", whatever the heck that means.

whitehawk

Banned
I don't know! It doesn't actually say in the Hardware section. I've seen Level 10 and Level 15 perks. No idea what the 3DS perk requires...or how many they're giving away.

For the free game, the owners of this site told me it's "every active member", whatever the heck that means.
I assume every g-list member.

I'm at level 13. I'll see if I can get to 15 and then stop for now.

I suck at most of these questions. Except for the pokemon ones. I probably got 75%+ of those right.

frequency

This site is the most confusing thing I have ever seen. I literally have no idea what is supposed to happen and what I'm supposed to do after registering. There's some links and some clue answers section and... what?

And there's supposed to be crazy deals from this site? What is going on? This is like... I don't even know... AGHASOAJSMZ!

LeetBM

Neo Member
I assume every g-list member.

I'm at level 13. I'll see if I can get to 15 and then stop for now.

I suck at most of these questions. Except for the pokemon ones. I probably got 75%+ of those right.

Only reason I leveled up to 13 was because I answered all the 3DO questions right, lol. They even asked questions about Twisted and Return Fire -- two of my favourite games ever! They were all Tier 3, 50pt questions. LOL

I sucked at the Megaman questions even though I've played practically every one. I just couldn't remember what weapons I got after defeating bosses back in the NES days. Like who remembers this!?

whitehawk

Banned
There seems to be a total of 348 g-list members. This is awesome news. Means for the next little while this will be extremely exclusive and the prizes will be awesome.

LeetBM

Neo Member
There seems to be a total of 348 g-list members. This is awesome news. Means for the next little while this will be extremely exclusive and the prizes will be awesome.

Hey, did you notice that the tsilonAI said the 3DS perk goes live on the 30th, or maybe even early February? I gather the countdown clock is going to reveal the requirements for getting the perk, not the actual perk itself. At least we'll know by noon tomorrow what's required...

whitehawk

Banned
Hey, did you notice that the tsilonAI said the 3DS perk goes live on the 30th, or maybe even early February? I gather the countdown clock is going to reveal the requirements for getting the perk, not the actual perk itself. At least we'll know by noon tomorrow what's required...
They fixed the countdown it was supposed to be 9 days not hours. It's probably going to be level 15 since the Vita thing required level 15.

Also I'm getting this message from the site atm...

System maintenance. Please remain calm. Persistence data is being added and abstract player representation graphic tile issues are being resolved.

Current databanks indicate that testing routines have collected 141,000 answers so far. Further investigation reveals a 47% success rate. Upon consultation of higher routines, upcoming perks will be enhanced out of pity.

Site's gone down for maintenance, just submitted my FFIV picture. I was trying to get to level 15 before I went off so I had a chance of getting the CinemaNow coupon.

Anyone have any idea when it's coming back up?

Weird, i got the site maintenance message right after I submitted my profile pic as well...

Same here, I couldn't get my GAF picture to submit and when I refreshed the page nothing happened.

Interestingly, about 5 minutes before then my experience wasn't increasing.

I was trying to figure out the first clues and my internet has completely died, i'm tethering on my phone now........

I hope that site didn't kill my modem :|

Takao

Banned
I was going beast mode on all those Pokemon, and random processor questions.

Reading Wikipedia at night finally paid off!

I tweeted yelodyne for an answer.

Is this the right way to do it? or is it on the page soemhwere

It's on the Twitter page. Look for the capital letters.

I've been on there for two weeks. I'm already nervous about the new crop that is coming in for this free game promotion. Apparently, they will be raising the level cap quite a bit for future perks which should give early adopters and the hardcore more of an advantage.

I also love that challenges are actually challenging for the most part. I spent an entire morning playing Kinect Adventures to complete that challenge. This site helped me get a good workout in. lol.

What do the Extra Lives get you on the site?

This site is the most confusing thing I have ever seen. I literally have no idea what is supposed to happen and what I'm supposed to do after registering. There's some links and some clue answers section and... what?

And there's supposed to be crazy deals from this site? What is going on? This is like... I don't even know... AGHASOAJSMZ!

I hope they keep the site confusing.

krae_man

I got to level 11 before I got bored. Looks like I should get to at least level 15. I kept getting Secret of Mana questions and I never played that game.

I got to level 11 before I got bored. Looks like I should get to at least level 15. I kept getting Secret of Mana questions and I never played that game.

I'm at level 17 and got a little bored of the questions. There are always the challenges and check the message boards for even more challenges.

I also got a shitton of Halo questions, I think I only got like 3 right lol. I capped out at level 15 I think before I depleted all questions (not including tier 4). Decent enough time waster.

vulva

I signed up, and literally have no idea what to do now. I'm on the main page for tsilon and can't figure out the next step? Can someone help me

I signed up, and literally have no idea what to do now. I'm on the main page for tsilon and can't figure out the next step? Can someone help me
there are 4 codes hidden somewhere in the first 4 links. One of them is found at @Yelodyne on twitter by looking at the capital letters, the other one is "human" I think. I forget the rest. The one with game history you find by clicking on the mega man games to get 2 parts of the key, and base wars to find the other part, combine em to make a word. And I forget the last one.

frequency

Each page has clues for a key word. When you find it, you type the key word. If it's right, the screen reloads (you might have to do this yourself). Also if it's right, the section you got it right for changes colour. When you get all 4, you get to the "actual site" with like trivia to level up and stuff.

I think the key words are available in this thread and rfd or something. Though I hear they change every so often, so they may be outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom