• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
still fishy about this site but

what level do you have to reach to get the codes?
also what level for the free vita game (eventual)?
The site is legit. I got a $95 Sony PS3 3D display, $50 in CinemaNow credit, 10% off 2 games. Had no interest in a launch PSP2 so I didn't get a code.

I just wished they updated the questions more often.

Giard

Death Rally is free on iOS for those interested. Great game.

Small question about G-List challenges: Tried participating in the Rock Band one, but it seems to keep forgetting that I submitted it when I log back on. Anyone else having the same problem?

btkadams

Small question about G-List challenges: Tried participating in the Rock Band one, but it seems to keep forgetting that I submitted it when I log back on. Anyone else having the same problem?

i did that for the pokemon one and the same thing happened. i am just waiting to find out.. can anyone who has done a challenge confirm if you are emailed or messaged somehow that it has gone through and been approved?

i did that for the pokemon one and the same thing happened. i am just waiting to find out.. can anyone who has done a challenge confirm if you are emailed or messaged somehow that it has gone through and been approved?

Yeah, it eventually goes through. The submitted never stuck for me either. It took a couple of days though. I did my challenge Saturday morning and my points arrived early this morning.

krae_man

I swear to god sometimes I type the correct answer and it says I got it wrong. No way I spelled squirtle wrong. Some of the other pokemon, I'll be damned if I remember how to spell them.

Trying said website. Can't seem to get anything to work. I don't get any clues, no passwords work.
Website is very slow to update. Got the first 3 down. Yelodyne requires a Twitter account, which I have no plans on making.

Luigi87

Trying said website. Can't seem to get anything to work. I don't get any clues, no passwords work.
Website is very slow to update. Got the first 3 down. Yelodyne requires a Twitter account, which I have no plans on making.

It doesn't require an account, as the answer is right in their description.

Check the capital characters in the description. Dont actually need an account

LeetBM

Neo Member

If you have any problems submitting challenges you should be able to send a note in the help section. I've also see this support email address: AI@tsilon.ca

LeetBM

Neo Member
The site is legit. I got a $95 Sony PS3 3D display, $50 in CinemaNow credit, 10% off 2 games. Had no interest in a launch PSP2 so I didn't get a code.

I just wished they updated the questions more often.

Yeah, I agree. I'm all out of a Tier 2 & 3 questions. I missed out on some of those perks, just joined a week ago. TV would have been sweet.

Vamphuntr

I don't think so. Looks like you can't go back and try again for trivia you got wrong the first time. I guess the penalty is that you can't ever get that EXP?

You're supposed to be able to try questions you got wrong again by using extra lives (check the help section).It's the number next to your level. Some challenges grant extra lives.

LeetBM

Neo Member
You're supposed to be able to try questions you got wrong again by using extra lives (check the help section).It's the number next to your level. Some challenges grant extra lives.

Ohh, okay, yeah I see now that the L4D and RDR challenges offer extra lives. But it seems silly to use a "life" just to redo a trivia question. I haven't even bothered with any of the challenges yet. I'm tempted to try the L4D one though.

Anyway, I have one life. I probably died answering trivia questions wrong. lol

tsilon.ca: a gaming rewards site

What is it? A new (beta) site possibly associated with Future Shop, offering rewards for doing tests, challenges, entering codes, and participating in events.
Who can sign up? Anyone, really. Rewards are restricted to Canadian sites.
Is this legit? As far as I can tell, yes. People have gotten rewards such as 10% off games, $95 PlayStation 3D Displays, $50 in CinemaNow credit, and $200 PS Vitas. No CC info, phone, or address is needed either since rewards are given out as a promotional code to be used on FS.ca/CinemaNow.
I signed up and got this page with weird links. Help! Each site has a riddle. Enter the 4 answers at the bottom of the page to unlock the main site. The answers apparently change daily.
I'm in! How do I get stuff?
1. Tests: trivia questions related to gaming franchises such as Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon. Each correct answer will give you XP. Enough XP will raise your level (seen at the top left). Questions are ranked by difficulty: for example, Tier 1 questions are "easier" but give less XP.
2. Cryptocodes: these offer XP, medals, lives, and other things. Find them and enter them at the top of the page.
3. Medals: accessed via the "Status" page, you can earn medals by answering questions, entering codes, etc. They impart an unknown reward.
4. Lives: shown at the top-left of the page (the small number next to your level), they're earned by completing challenges. They impart an unknown reward.
G-List: Once you hit level 10, you become part of the G-List. You can access the G-List at the bottom of the page (refresh if you don't see it at first). Here you can complete challenges, watch videos, and access the forum.

Vamphuntr

What is it? A new (beta) site possibly associated with Future Shop, offering rewards for doing tests, challenges, entering codes, and participating in events.
Is this legit? As far as I can tell, yes. People have gotten rewards such as 10% off games, $95 PlayStation 3D Displays, $50 in CinemaNow credit, and $200 PS Vitas.
I signed up and got this page with weird links. Help! Each site has a riddle. Enter the 4 answers at the bottom of the page to unlock the main site. The answers apparently change daily.
1. Tests: trivia questions related to gaming franchises such as Mario, Sonic, and Pokemon. Each correct answer will give you XP. Enough XP will raise your level (seen at the top left). Questions are ranked by difficulty: for example, Tier 1 questions are "easier" but give less XP.
2. Cryptocodes: these offer XP, medals, lives, and other things. Find them and enter them at the top of the page.
3. Medals: accessed via the "Status" page, you can earn medals by answering questions, entering codes, etc. They impart an unknown reward.
4. Lives: shown at the top-left of the page (the small number next to your level), they're earned by completing challenges. They impart an unknown reward.
G-List: Once you hit level 10, you become part of the G-List. You can access the G-List at the bottom of the page (refresh if you don't see it at first). Here you can complete challenges, watch videos, and access the forum.

Might want to add that you don't need to submit any CC info as the perks are given as promo codes you use on futureshop/cinemanow. Some people were scared it was a scam. You don't need to enter you address or phone # either.

I don't think so. Looks like you can't go back and try again for trivia you got wrong the first time. I guess the penalty is that you can't ever get that EXP?

I really hope that is not true. Otherwise I'm screwed on 100ish Exp, since I tried some Tier 3 questions unsuccessfully :X

mrgone

Might want to add that you don't need to submit any CC info as the perks are given as promo codes you use on futureshop/cinemanow. Some people were scared it was a scam. You don't need to enter you address or phone # either.

Hah, I was just about to ask about this. It was pretty much my only source of concern over the $99 3DS that I want to rub all over my body.

Mikey Jr.

Is this legit? As far as I can tell, yes. People have gotten rewards such as 10% off games, $95 PlayStation 3D Displays, $50 in CinemaNow credit, and $200 PS Vitas. No CC info, phone, or address is needed either since rewards are given out as a promotional code to be used on FS.ca/CinemaNow.

Looks good.

Would be nice to help people get through that initial riddle hurdle to get to the trivia. I haven't bypassed it yet.

Conceptor

Got to level 12 thanks to a couple of posts and some ace quiz answering from the likes of morningbus, Nabs and Stallion Free. Thanks for the help guys :>

Vamphuntr

Ok, but the one that says find the root code.

Where the fuck do I even look?

Yesterday there was a page with picture/data of Nintendo consoles in the product section. You had to drag drop the correct button scheme to the right console. It would bring up a twitter page where you use the capital letter of each word to make the password.

btkadams

Yesterday there was a page with picture/data of Nintendo consoles in the product section. You had to drag drop the correct button scheme to the right console. It would bring up a twitter page where you use the capital letter of each word to make the password.

that one was still up today because i watched my friend do it. it's a different code though.

LeetBM

Neo Member
399459_10150470388855892_505910891_8962298_1513237418_n%2Bv2.jpg

Alternatively, input the Konami code on the front page you're linked to.

Hyunkel6

Some of the multiple choice answers are hilarious. I don't remember the question, but the choices for one of the Pokemon trivia were TM, HM, FM, BDSM. I burst out laughing in a public coffee shop. People were wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I think the trivia by itself is worth signing up for.

Icelight

Wow, surprised to see that it's legit.

It's a pretty cool site too, even before the huge deals on video game stuff. I like the quizzes a bit too much (level 18...).

LeetBM

Neo Member
Wow, surprised to see that it's legit.

It's a pretty cool site too, even before the huge deals on video game stuff. I like the quizzes a bit too much (level 18...).

Glad to see you're enjoying it. I wish there was more trivia though. I haven't been ambitious enough to try any challenges. I'm at Level 15 now answering trivia.

charmed699

Neo Member
Do you guys know of any deals for FF13-2 next week? What are online stores like with delivery over here? Do games get sent a few days before release from online stores too, so they might get delivered on release date? Really want to play it and don't want to wait until I'm back in the UK.

Thanks for any help!

lupinko

Looks like I got passed the four questions thing, did any of you put your real info there or just bogus info? Do the coupons and vouchers need your real name/info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom