• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

I got up to level 15 so when do I see this glist stuff?

EDIT: I just used a combination of my middle names, good thing those appear on my driver's license. lol

whitehawk

Banned
Looks like I got passed the four questions thing, did any of you put your real info there or just bogus info? Do the coupons and vouchers need your real name/info?
Real name, but i mis-spelt one of my names. On purpose. Probably doesn't matter, i would fix it if I could.

Hellish

Anyone in the GTA looking for a wheelstand pro + logitech DFGT or MS Wireless Wheel or both? Going to be selling mine as I have a g27 + stand and dont touch forza so no need for the m$ wheel and the g27 replaces the dfgt, so if your interested let me know.

willing to package all 3 for cheap, comes with everything you need on the stand for both wheels.

krae_man

I wonder if someone actually checks the challanges. I already 100% completed Beyond Good and Evil so I just booted up my game took a pic of a screen showing I have the pearl game M-Disk and I got the EXP for it in minutes.

I also have 2 extra lives now, not sure what they are used for.

LeetBM

Neo Member
I wonder if someone actually checks the challanges. I already 100% completed Beyond Good and Evil so I just booted up my game took a pic of a screen showing I have the pearl game M-Disk and I got the EXP for it in minutes.

I do think they check all the challenges. I've seen thread where people post photos of their challenges and get awarded posted after verification.

Apparently you can use them re-answer a question you got wrong.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Is there a tsilon thread now? I can't seem to get any of these pages to work properly. Are they intentionally poorly constructed? Is that part of the puzzle?

krae_man

Okay the guy who created these questions has to be a wrestling fan. Vinnie Vegas and Rey Mysterio have been incorrect answers :lol

parasight

Okay the guy who created these questions has to be a wrestling fan. Vinnie Vegas and Rey Mysterio have been incorrect answers :lol

That question with Rey Mysterio also had Dos Caras (Alberto Del Rio) and Mistico (Sin Cara) as incorrect answers. The question wasn't hard, but it sure made it easy.

Vamphuntr

I'm level 19 but close to 20 now. I got the rewards for doing the Edge Challenge and it gave me 1200xp and two extra lives.

Oh and it seems the challenges are good for any platform. I did the Edge one on Steam instead of iOS and got the reward anyway.

Icelight

Do you guys know of any deals for FF13-2 next week? What are online stores like with delivery over here? Do games get sent a few days before release from online stores too, so they might get delivered on release date? Really want to play it and don't want to wait until I'm back in the UK.

Thanks for any help!
Only one I know of off-hand is the 800 reward zone points at Best Buy for the regular edition, or $5 off the Collector's Edition (but it's sold out online), if you pre-order. But I guess reward zone points are useless to you if you're not living in Canada for a while.

As for shipping, it's been very hit-and-miss for me. Sometimes I'll get a game shipped out on Friday and I get it Monday/Tuesday, sometimes the game doesn't get shipped until Tuesday/Wednesday.

I suppose you could do that tsilon thing until you're level 10 and get a 10% off Future Shop code from them ;)

krae_man

That question with Rey Mysterio also had Dos Caras (Alberto Del Rio) and Mistico (Sin Cara) as incorrect answers. The question wasn't hard, but it sure made it easy.

"Which famous name acted as a memorable password in the original Metroid game, shedding Samus' armour?"

John Laurinaitis ha ha ha ha!

Edit:

"The other famous password in Metroid, this time not a persons name"

Randall Orton1

Okay, now I'm almost in tears.

soultron

Banned
"Which famous name acted as a memorable password in the original Metroid game, shedding Samus' armour?"

John Laurinaitis ha ha ha ha!

Edit:

"The other famous password in Metroid, this time not a persons name"

Randall Orton1

Okay, now I'm almost in tears.

Uhhh, wasn't it Justin Bailey?

Takao

Banned
Boo, question asked which American Street Fighter character originally appeared in Final Fight. I said Haggar, it said I was wrong. :(

RS4-

Boo, question asked which American Street Fighter character originally appeared in Final Fight. I said Haggar, it said I was wrong. :(

What was the other choice, Cody?

I think I only got two SF questions wrong. I'm surprised they didn't have more of them.

Definitely not gaming, but because people in here seem fairly knowledgeable, figured i would ask really quickly...

What kind of visa card should I get? All I want is a card that gives me cash back, no fuss no muss no funny money. RBC seems to have a decent card and so does TD, I would prefer to have a visa but there is basically no difference between the two so its not a big deal.

Ultimately, I've been with coast capital savings and just been sitting on my money for my entire life. I want to open up a TFSA as well, so I just want to get peoples feelings on what financial institutions are going to help me grow my money with the most confidence.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Scotiabank has one where it's 20 bucks a year, but you get 1% back all purchases and 2% back from groceries, bills, and gas. Their free one is 0.5% and 1% respectively, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom