• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww dang I missed out on the 10% thing... I just purchased Child of Eden. :|

You guys know if it's supposed to work for pre-order and collector's edition? It does not want to apply it for Soul Calibur V pre-order. =(

If you've already preordered, you can't add stuff to change your order, you can only apply gift cards.

When you order, click on "Edit Payment Type" before submitting, and you'll get to apply promo codes and gift cards too.

I keep getting "The Promotional Code XXXXXXXX is not eligible for your order. We have removed it. The discount was not applied. (0166)"

After tons of logging in and out, emptying cart and putting Soul Calibur V Collector back in, one of the code went through, so random!

Now I have one last code and I try the same for Street Fighter X Tekken Collector and I get the same error message, but so far no luck at getting the code to apply with the way I did it for the other order... so weird.

Quick

Banned
So, I'm only now considering pre-ordering the Vita. Figured the first edition bundle is the one to go for.

Where is the best place to pre-order?

And this could sound like a stupid question, but would you guys recommend buying extended warranty for it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So, I'm only now considering pre-ordering the Vita. Figured the first edition bundle is the one to go for.

Where is the best place to pre-order?

And this could sound like a stupid question, but would you guys recommend buying extended warranty for it?
You missed the free Uncharted deal and the 100 dollars off deal... at this point, you might wait to see if some last minute deal pops up.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know of any good 3DS cases that are pretty decently priced/on sale?

You missed the free Uncharted deal and the 100 dollars off deal... at this point, you might wait to see if some last minute deal pops up.

I really hope something does pop up. I was going to order a Vita when the Uncharted deal was going but I decided not too cause I wasn't sure if I could afford it. Now I've come into a bit of money and can totally afford it but all the good deals are over. Kinda frustrating.

Hieberrr

Price match Rayman Origins (PS3/360) at BestBuy and Futureshop (59.99) with EB Games (29.99). You'll get it for 26.99 before taxes! I just it 30 minutes ago :D

Takuan

Does Canada not have any Vita sales along the lines of the US Launch Bundle? I know we got the Uncharted deal, but I'd rather have that Launch Bundle deal on the 3G hardware.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Does Canada not have any Vita sales along the lines of the US Launch Bundle? I know we got the Uncharted deal, but I'd rather have that Launch Bundle deal on the 3G hardware.
You missed the free copy of Uncharted:GA with the early edition bundle. I don't know of anything currently.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh, well, that explains the disappearance of the 3G model from both Future Shop & Best Buy's websites. Huh!
We just have to wait until one of the carriers gets their head out of their ass and gets the deal done with Sony.

Takuan

We just have to wait until one of the carriers gets their head out of their ass and gets the deal done with Sony.
I can't fault Sony for not wanting to deal with Canadian Telecom. All three companies are scum that ultimately prevent Canada from keeping up with the goddamned times.

lupinko

It's silly though, since the only real option is Rogers. I'm not sure what Rogers is demanding for access though.

If it's to be locked on their network, that shouldn't be a biggie for Sony considering Japan and the US are locked to Docomo and AT&T respectively.

I guess the only option is to import a HK 3G vita as those versions are unlocked.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Your first born

One service provider to rule them all.

Rh2cg.png

Hellish

Anyone local interested?

Would anyone be interested in a new Steelseries 7G for $100 shipped (Retail $150 + Tax), it will come with the packaging, receipt and be completely new except I will be keeping the wrist rest as I have a 6GV2 and would like to try out the wrist rest, if so PM me, $100 shipped anywhere in North America, $90 local pick up Toronto, I havent bought it yet but I am thinking about it, prob will end up listing it locally if there is no interest.

SteelSeries-7G-2.jpg

SteelSeries-7G-8.jpg

SteelSeries-7G-5.jpg

http://shop.steelseries.com/us/keyboards/steelseries-7g.html

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i'm interested. where in toronto? i'd be coming into union on the go train and i dont know much about the city. -.-

Hellish

i'm interested. where in toronto? i'd be coming into union on the go train and i dont know much about the city. -.-

Richmond Hill near Yonge & Hwy 7 is where I am, but I would be willing to meet somewhere, where abouts are you you could be even closer to where I am then union (Judging by your coming with the go bus, guessing you are north of Toronto too, but I could be wrong), if you live by union I could drive south to finch station and meet you there ( The north most stop of the yonge line)

ttc_subway_route_map.gif

system_map.png

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i live in hamilton, i dont have a car so i'd be taking the go bus into the city and it stops at union station. :p

i've only ever passed through toronto so i really dont know much about travelling the city. meeting at finch sounds like it would be fine.

Hellish

i live in hamilton, i dont have a car so i'd be taking the go bus into the city and it stops at union station. :p

i've only ever passed through toronto so i really dont know much about travelling the city. meeting at finch sounds like it would be fine.

I'll pm you my number & email as I am heading head out now but yea sounds good.

Hellish

wonderful.

and if we meet right at the subway gates you wont have to pay to go back lol, you can just get back on the train going the other way, only issue being cell reception might be non-existent so it might be hard to meet up not knowing the station all that well without cell phones.

I may end up with an extra copy of Soul Calibur V (PS3). If anyone wants it, I'm willing to sell it (sealed) at cost, no tax.

Also:
VANCOUVERITES ONLY:

Maynards is having another Electronics liquidation sale. I just got the notification for it. Not sure what's there, but 30-70% off. There's two locations - Vancouver on 2nd and Main, and Surrey.

Nope, they don't :(

Slightly incorrect.

Do points work: No.

Do subscriptions work: Yes.

Will Amazon sell you Yankeedoodle subscription cards if you use a Canuckar credit card and/or address? No.

Will it work if you get an American to buy you the card and then email the code and you paypal them or whatever? Yes.

theRizzle

I also have one of those 10% off pre-orders/used games from tsilon.ca codes. I know for sure you can use it at futureshop.ca, and maybe bestbuy.ca?

First PM gets it!

Code gone! Congrats Leshita.

Anyone else get a 15% off code from Futureshop for having Final Fantasy XIII-2 ship out late? It's kinda funny cause I used the $10 off code from the Uncharted 3 hubabaloo to buy this, and now it's shipping out late too.

VANCOUVERITES ONLY:

Maynards is having another Electronics liquidation sale. I just got the notification for it. Not sure what's there, but 30-70% off. There's two locations - Vancouver on 2nd and Main, and Surrey.

I went by the Vancouver one a couple weeks ago, and they didn't have much gaming stuff. 360 controllers were $50 but they did have some Wii controllers (CC/remote/nunchuk) and points cards at 35% off.

jcutner

So EB/Gamestop has a Vita trade in promo, trade in 4 $8min games, and get a $100 credit towards the Vita.

Do you think that's stackable? Trade in 8 $8min games, $200 off the Vita? If so, sold.

Also, they said they'll take the PSP-1000 as a trade, per the site. Finally, my PSP-1000 will have a new home!

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

bryehn

So EB/Gamestop has a Vita trade in promo, trade in 4 $8min games, and get a $100 credit towards the Vita.

Do you think that's stackable? Trade in 8 $8min games, $200 off the Vita? If so, sold.

Also, they said they'll take the PSP-1000 as a trade, per the site. Finally, my PSP-1000 will have a new home!

I've done it before, but in two separate visits. Don't see why they wouldn't stack.

It should be. This isn't really a new deal. They've just rebranded their regular hardware deal. You can trade in any $8 and up game and get $25 credit towards hardware at EB. That isn't limited to four games. For the PS3 Display, I traded in about 6 games and got $25 credit for each.

Adr1an

Anyone know if their gonna be any Xbox360 deals soon, i missed out during the holidays to nab the 4GB on sale. Really want to get one but $199 seems a bit high for a 4GB system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom