• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did anyone order the FF13-2 CE from Best Buy? Just wondering if they got that pre-order book from them that is advertised in with the normal edition.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So EB/Gamestop has a Vita trade in promo, trade in 4 $8min games, and get a $100 credit towards the Vita.

Do you think that's stackable? Trade in 8 $8min games, $200 off the Vita? If so, sold.

Also, they said they'll take the PSP-1000 as a trade, per the site. Finally, my PSP-1000 will have a new home!

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/specialty/tradeins/

We were thinking about stacking it as well, but finding the $8 TIV games has become a lot tougher with Blockbuster biting the bullet.

UberTag

Just noticed this tweet from GamesDealsCanada.

Time for me to ask my father for his membership number so I can order online. Only draw back is they use UPS.
The other sticking point is that there's no clarity as to when the card will ship out apart from the ambiguous 7-10 business days timeframe.

The system and games have clear street dates specified but the accessories are all open-ended. I'd have no problem rolling with Costco for this deal if the card shipped out early next week via UPS.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The other sticking point is that there's no clarity as to when the card will ship out apart from the ambiguous 7-10 business days timeframe.

The system and games have clear street dates specified but the accessories are all open-ended. I'd have no problem rolling with Costco for this deal if the card shipped out early next week via UPS.
If I have to live with my 4GB card for a few weeks then that doesn't bother me at all.

Takuan

Did anyone order the FF13-2 CE from Best Buy? Just wondering if they got that pre-order book from them that is advertised in with the normal edition.
I saw this when picking up Soul Calibur V and can confirm that they are.

For anyone curious, the Dampierre DLC came inside the actual game box. I thought I'd been gipped for a second, but it was printed on both the box for the entire SE and the gamecase itself. I guess they printed custom boxes and covers for Best Buy.

Stage On

What's with the flyers being so late the last while? It's thursday and we still don't know what the deals are supposed to be for tomorrow. Have they suddenly gotten better at cracking down or something?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh, and Xbox LIVE Rewards for this month is 40 MS Point survey and 5% back on Marketplace purchases in February.

Well 2.0 will supposedly add Android App support. So that's a few apps...
If that works well, I might buy one for my parents, who use Blackberries.

DiddyBop

are flyers usually this soft early in the year? I'm waiting for all the 2011 Oct-Dec heavy hitters to drop to 39.99 or less permanently.

Truespeed

Is the Playbook good enough to use cool Android apps? I literally know nothing about tablets.

No, I wouldn't even waste your time with it. All Android apps must be submitted to RIM to be repackaged for the Playbook Android player and there is no guarantee of compatibility with a lot of the Android apps. If you were thinking of using the Android Market or sideloading APK's - forget about it.

lupinko

Just noticed this tweet from GamesDealsCanada.

Time for me to ask my father for his membership number so I can order online. Only draw back is they use UPS.

That's not a Vita memory card.

Vita memory cards are proprietary, and at the moment only from SCE.

That's just a regular Sandisk SDHC card that's linked from costco.

No_Style

That's not a Vita memory card.

Vita memory cards are proprietary, and at the moment only from SCE.

That's just a regular Sandisk SDHC card that's linked from costco.

The link was originally a PS Vita memory card. It's now a Sandisk SDHC card because they probably sold out.

Firestorm

Are there...any apps for the Playbook?
I was never a big app person even on iOS, but not really. I just use it for the browser, music, a bit of video, and images (manga .jpgs). The only app I'm really missing on it is Netflix and Windows Live Messenger and I'm pretty sure the latter is coming.

Android App Support should increase app tonnage as that would allow Android developers to easily port many apps over to PlayBook. However, keep in mind that only apps that run on Gingerbread are supported. Not Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich.

Do I have to sell my soul to get one of these?
No contract. These are WiFi devices. And yes the hardware is actually pretty damn good. OS is so much smoother than the TouchPad. For $150 it's a good buy if you want a tablet mostly as a travel companion. I also prefer 7" to 10" but not everyone feels the same.

Ondore

Thanks to the Halifax transit strike, I'm not sure if I can get to an EB to get my Xenoblade preorder in now that I have some spare cash.

Does anyone know what shipping method ebgames.ca uses? I would guess it's Canada Post but that may only be for the PO Box delivery...

Luigi87

Thanks to the Halifax transit strike, I'm not sure if I can get to an EB to get my Xenoblade preorder in now that I have some spare cash.

Does anyone know what shipping method ebgames.ca uses? I would guess it's Canada Post but that may only be for the PO Box delivery...

Last time I ordered (which was November admittedly), it was Canada Post to my home address, via free shipping.

theRizzle

For anyone looking for a cheap SSD, the Intel 320 80gb is on sale at Newegg.ca for $129.99 plus a $50 rebate on top of that. Regular price is $194.99.

I think Intel is coming out with a new line of SSDs soon-ish, but for $79.99, you wont find a better SSD deal anywhere.

isny

napkin dispenser
For anyone looking for a cheap SSD, the Intel 320 80gb is on sale at Newegg.ca for $129.99 plus a $50 rebate on top of that. Regular price is $194.99.

I think Intel is coming out with a new line of SSDs soon-ish, but for $79.99, you wont find a better SSD deal anywhere.

This sell out?

Misc question: Did anyone who purchased the PS3 version of the Assassin's Creed trio pack from Future Shop redeem the DLC code for AC2 yet?

I cannot figure out where the bonus Verizon character skin is for some reason. I think it is supposed to appear under dye as "bonus skin" but I do not see that option anywhere.
Keep in mind that I redeemed the code with my standard AC2, not the greatest hits version that came with the trio pack. Could that be the problem? :/

I had to chuckle at seeing Metroid: Other M's new price of $9.99.

Still not worth it.
You're telling me, I picked it up at that price and I still can't convince myself to continue playing it. I think I stopped after the fight with jelly eye dude.

Anyone know any places in Toronto to get a PS2? Like one that actually works and isn't super over priced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom