• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My copy of Resistance showed up during my lunch break while I was out buying another copy of Resistance.

Oh well, I'll just return the store copy tomorrow.

explodet

Damn it! Was looking for a Ultimate Borderlands 2 preorder and came up with nothing. Couldn't preorder when they first announced them because nobody would take them yet, and now it's too late!

I have a feeling I'm going to be paying through the nose for one.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Well considering our workload at Purolator basically doubled, im calling it a strike. We got fucked so god damn hard with extra freight and extra mail (mostly mail). SO FU! it was a stike and I hated going to work during that time, haha :p

edit: also! you yourself called it a rotating strike :p !
A rotating strike isn't a real strike and there was no reason for CP to lock out the workers except that was the only way they could get the Government to legislate them back to work. The workers were finally doing the smart thing by not doing a full strike (which are stupid except in extreme circumstances) and they were screwed over for it by being given an even worse deal from the Government than what CP was offering them. It was wrong and to call it a strike (which gives blame to the workers) is wrong.

A rotating strike isn't a real strike and there was no reason for CP to lock out the workers except that was the only way they could get the Government to legislate them back to work. The workers were finally doing the smart thing by not doing a full strike (which are stupid except in extreme circumstances) and they were screwed over for it by being given an even worse deal from the Government than what CP was offering them. It was wrong and to call it a strike (which gives blame to the workers) is wrong.

Thanks for the info. I honestly had no idea what was really happening at the time. Like I said, I just hated going to work, since we had basically double the freight we normally had at that time, it was pretty shitty.

Fuzzy

i'm pretty sure the list will get updated over the course of the actual show
Yeah, same thing happened last year. I'll probably make multiple orders throughout the show and then cancel the older ones if other stuff popped up. I remember last year that I missed out on a cheap Mario Kart 7 because they (FS or BB, can't remember) stopped taking pre-orders for that game. That's why I'll pre-order something right away and then cancel if I get another pre-order in for a better price. Not making that mistake again.

Fuzzy

Been a while since flyers have been posted in here so here they are from CAG.

Flyers June 1 - 7

Best Buy

PS3 160gb (no games) - $199.99
PSVita with Resistance Burning Skies - $249.99
8gb Vita memory - $29.99
Killzone 3 Dualshock bundle with urban camo Dualshock 3 - $59.99

Forza 4 - $39.99
Gears of War 3 - $39.99
XBL 12-month Gold membership with CoD:MW3 Beanie (toque?)- $39.99

E3 June 5-7 Save $10 when you preorder E3 games plus 800 RZ points with select titles
See BestBuy.ca/E3 for details

FutureShop

Inversion with free $10 gift card - $59.99
PS3 320gb w/ CoD:MW3 and MW2 - $299.99
PSVita with Uncharted - $249.99
Buy 2 Vita games, get 1 free! 9 titles to choose from - $39.99 each
(R:BS, Wipeout, Unit13 and MLB12 shown)

$29.99 games
CODBLOPS, HALO Anniversary, Darkness 2, AC Revelations, Final Fantasy

$39.99 games
Gears of War 3, Saints Row 3rd, Forza 4, CoDMw3, Skyrim, ME3, Tiger Woods Tour 13, Prototype 2

$49.99 games
Ninja Gaiden 3, RE:Operation Racoon City, SSF vs Tekken

XBox Days - One week of huge SAVINGS!
$9.99 games
Splinter Cell Conviction, Prince of Persia, CoDWAW, F1 2010

$14.99 games
Batman AA, Borderlands, Medal of Honor, ME2 (both consoles )

$19.99 games
Batman Arkham City, Master Assassin Pack (also both consoles )

Kinect games
$29.99
Just Dance 3, Kinect Sports, Dance Central, Zumba fitness party
$39.99 games
Dance Central 2, Disneyland, Disney Rush, Zumba Rush

Kinect sensor with bonus Ghost Recon Future Soldier - $149.99

XBox MW3 controller - $39.99
12 month LIVE membership - $39.99
Xbox MW3 BT headset - $39.99

Xbox 320gb Star Wars Kinect bundle w/bonus CoD:MW2 and MW3 - $399.99
Xbox 250gb w/bonus CoD:MW2 and MW3 - $249.99
Linksys N450 Wireless router and Xbox 360 4gb - $349.99

As mentioned in a thread:
E3 - Preorder 3 games get one FREE June 4-7 only, $49.99 or greater games. See futureshop.ca/E3 for details.

Toys r Us

Save $5 off all Batman videogames
Get a $30 giftcard with the purchase of $169.99 3DS system plus a $39.99 Super Mario game

Free $50 giftcard with purchase of one of these Xbox console:
Xbox 360 250gb Holiday bundle $259.99
Xbox 360 Star Wars Kinect console $399.99

Walmart

PS3 320 GB with Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - $299
Dualshock 3 Translucent Blue - $39.83

Xbox360 250GB - $249
Dance Central 2 - $29.83
Kinect Sports Season 2 - $29.83
Disneyland Kinect - $29.83

DSi - $99
DSi XL - $129

RS4-

Talk about a lucky break, my sub expires on the 5th.

Man, I pretty much wasted the past month of mine. I've hardly used my 360 since I put in a new script card lol

The B2G1 Vita thing sounds good, then again the only game I kind of want right now is Disgaea

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can anybody that's upgraded their PS3 HDD let me know if this is a good choice? Just want to make sure I'm buying something compatible and wanted to see if there are maybe better deals out there.
If you don't absolutely need the space, you might consider waiting. Of course, there will be a point where the manufacturers decide to keep the prices at the same level for good.

That's about the standard price for a 320 these days though.

PS3 160gb (no games) - $199.99
PS3_HAS_NO_GAME_by_FreshNfly89.png.jpg

:(

Hmmm, PC Borderlands 2 or Assassins 3 are 49.99. So with 10 dollars off E3 plus 10 dollar reward zone, I can get them for 29.99 each. Tempting.

jred2k

If you don't absolutely need the space, you might consider waiting. Of course, there will be a point where the manufacturers decide to keep the prices at the same level for good.

That's about the standard price for a 320 these days though.

Yeah I'm down to about 3GB left on my 80GB model. I've deleted about all I want to and now I can't run auto-updates for PSN+ cause I'm under 5GBs. Thanks for the info.

Fuzzy

6CcH7l.png

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/private-shopping.aspx

This Sunday from 7-9pm (I'm assuming in each respective time zone) BB is doing another RZ private sale in-store. The only reason I bring it up is because they'll be offering:

10% OFF on all games
15% OFF on all gaming accessories(1)
25% OFF on all previously played games(4)
15% OFF on all DVD and blu-ray movies(1)

1.Excludes out of stock, clearance, demos, refurbished and open box
4.Excludes Kelowna, Nanaimo, Winnipeg, and select stores in Ontario

I wonder if you'd be able to stack the 10% off with the $10 off + 800 RZ points for pre-orders they started today or if the 10% off is strictly on in-stock games.

Some lukewarm deals on games that are hard to find or rarely cheaper new / rarely on sale:

Amazon.ca

-DS- $28 - Radiant Historia (Sold by Amazon)

-Wii- $37 - Zelda: Skyward Sword (Sold by Amazon)

-PS2- $28.52 - SMT: Persona 4 (Sold by Amazon) *Cheaper new at EB games, but rarely in stock in a lot of locations.

-PS3- $35 - Disgaea 4 (Sold by Amazon)
----- Regularly $50 to $60 elsewhere

-3DS-
$17.25 - Nintendogs & Cats: French Bulldog (Sold by Amazon)
$21.44 - Nintendogs & Cats: Toy Poodle (Sold by Amazon)
$25.73 - Nintendogs & Cats: Gold. Retriever (Sold by Amazon)
----- Nintendogs & Cats regularly $30 to $40 elsewhere

and...

Best Buy

-3DS- $19.99 - Tekken 3D Prime Edition
----- Regularly $30 to $40 elsewhere

explodet

Amazon is OOS. Have you tried EB?
The EB I went to said they're no longer taking preorders for the Ultimate, they're full up. I'm going to have to hit other EBs to see if they say the same thing.
They also said they may get more allocated, but I'd have to check in regularly to see if they're available yet. Ugh.

krae_man

Man Bestbuy and FS need to update their preorder pages so I can figure out what the best way to get what I want is.

Edit: Futureshop has Last Guardian and Agent listed at $70 each.

RS4-

Hopefully they do a T1 for Gravity Rush, I'd use a throwaway game on that.

Not too much is coming out for the next little while.

Kazerei

Banned
Any KW gaffers interested in buying Vita games together? There's a B2G1 promo on Sony-published games at FutureShop until June 24th. I'm only interested in Gravity Rush.

krae_man

Any KW gaffers interested in buying Vita games together? There's a B2G1 promo on Sony-published games at FutureShop until June 24th. I'm only interested in Gravity Rush.

Do you have a Tsilon $50 off code?

P.S. someone successfully used the $50 off code and selected in store pickup and used the 30% off accessories coupon on a 16gb memory card.

krae_man

What happens if I use a $50 off code on a $40 game?

The $50 off is on the system.

So in theory, you can get a Vita(with Uncharted) for $199 and use the 30% off coupon to get whatever size memory card you want.

Okay so here's my E3 want list so far:

God of War Ascension
RE6
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time
Last Guardian
New Super Mario Bros 2
Kirby All Stars(or whatever it's called)
Ratchet & Clank Collection
Family Guy Game
Paper Mario 3DS
Warriors Lair
+ whatever gets announced that I want.

Add on top of that I already have Tomb Raider Preordered and Borderlands 2 coming from being at the Gearbox panel at PAX Prime.

This is going to be fun to figure out. Even more fun? Finding the time to play it all.

Mikey Jr.

Bought Saints Row Third 360 for 40 bucks.

Great deal. Thanks guys. My Futureshop didn't have the Killzone 3 DS3 bundle unfortunately.

SickBoy

Looking at the website, it looks like those prices aren't available in store... just online orders.

I presume they take payment on shipment. In store, I think you need to put $5 down to preorder... but again, doesn't look like the posted prices apply.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
6CcH7l.png

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/private-shopping.aspx

This Sunday from 7-9pm (I'm assuming in each respective time zone) BB is doing another RZ private sale in-store. The only reason I bring it up is because they'll be offering:

10% OFF on all games
15% OFF on all gaming accessories(1)
25% OFF on all previously played games(4)
15% OFF on all DVD and blu-ray movies(1)

1.Excludes out of stock, clearance, demos, refurbished and open box
4.Excludes Kelowna, Nanaimo, Winnipeg, and select stores in Ontario

I wonder if you'd be able to stack the 10% off with the $10 off + 800 RZ points for pre-orders they started today or if the 10% off is strictly on in-stock games.
The BB deal starts on June 5th though, so there is no overlap between deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom