• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if this is the right place for this, but: my 60GB launch PS3 died recently. There's a place near me ( Liquid Electronics ) that say they can repair it for ~$50.

But the Best Buy deal of a 160GB for $199 seems pretty okay, if for no other reason than it gives me a jump on the inevitable price drop this year. I use the PS3 as a Blu-Ray player/Netflix box as well - but I'm just not sure if it's worth it given that this gen is slowly drawing to a close.

Anyone got any profound wisdom for me?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I was really hoping Dead or Alive 5 would be on one of these E3 pre-order deals. Nothing for me but Halo and Darksiders 2 I guess.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was really hoping Dead or Alive 5 would be on one of these E3 pre-order deals. Nothing for me but Halo and Darksiders 2 I guess.
Keep checking back. Last year they added games up to and including the last day.

zroid

Banned
for the first time, i bought something with RZ certs and returned it to get a $25 gift card.

feelsgoodman

come on best buy, all you gotta do now is list Theatrhythm during E3. You can do it, I believe in you.

The future shop E3 offer this year is slightly less good than last year's offer. It was $20 off every pre-order ($80 saved for 4 games) compared to current's deal ($60 saved for 4 games).

But anyway, if I pre-order 6 games, that means I'll have 2 free games right?

RC

Banned
I don't know if this has already been posted, but Future Shop is selling Demon's Souls for $9.99. Finally bought a copy yesterday.

zroid

Banned
I don't know if this has already been posted, but Future Shop is selling Demon's Souls for $9.99. Finally bought a copy yesterday.

I so mad, I bought that game for $40, and then the price dropped to $20-30 just a couple weeks later. Hadn't even played it yet, at that point. Worse, I couldn't do any price adjust or rebuy/return shenanigans, because I bought it while on vacation in the States. :(

iphys

Should be able to pick it up without preordering, no?

I guess it's kind of pointless to pre-order if they aren't doing the $5 off for Nintendo Selects anymore like they did with the first batch. I thought they always did $5 off for all pre-orders that don't have the 800 RZ points, and it's not like this game has even been released previously like the other Nintendo Selects were, so I'm kind of surprised it doesn't have the $5 off. I'd rather wait for a 10% off sale at least if I'm going to get it.

I think I'm probably going to go with FS for the e3 deal. Best Buy rewards are more of a hassle than anything else and I prefer not actually going into electronic stores if I don't have to. Will more than likely be in for about 10 or so titles, depending on what's announced.

Also there is going to be a $20 off any pre-order through Tsilon if you have a level 10 account.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Bought Saints Row Third 360 for 40 bucks.

Great deal. Thanks guys. My Futureshop didn't have the Killzone 3 DS3 bundle unfortunately.

It's 17 bucks on steam this weekend, so for anyone conflicted about PC/360... buy it on steam. :/

Cudder

Ohhh, Futureshop is having another E3 sale? I did that last year and it was great. Not sure if I'm gonna bite just yet, I barely know anything on a lot of those titles.

elty

If you request a perk in tsilon, will you " lose" any level or right to requet any other perk in the future?

krae_man

Tsilon is getting the $20 off each game preorder Future Shop offered last year. Make sure to check out the site when deciding where to preorder all your games and save yourself the most money.

AlStrong

urgh...

I was thinking of getting Halo 4, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite from the Futureshop E3 list, but nothing else. I'd have picked Dead Space 3 and Gears if they were listed (leave out Tomb Raider). :s

isny

napkin dispenser
Tsilon is getting the $20 off each game preorder Future Shop offered last year. Make sure to check out the site when deciding where to preorder all your games and save yourself the most money.

How long would it take to get to a high enough level or whatever to be able to take advantage of that deal?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
A couple hours to reach Level 10 plus some challenges. It doesn't take long.
I don't think any challenges were necessary for me to get to level 10 originally. I'm pretty sure I got there with just the trivia questions.

No_Style

urgh...

I was thinking of getting Halo 4, Tomb Raider, and Bioshock Infinite from the Futureshop E3 list, but nothing else. I'd have picked Dead Space 3 and Gears if they were listed (leave out Tomb Raider). :s

Haha.. I have all those from last year's promotion still going.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I don't think any challenges were necessary for me to get to level 10 originally. I'm pretty sure I got there with just the trivia questions.

Didn't mean to get to Level 10. Meant to redeem some perks you need a few challenges completed sometimes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah I got to 12 or so just on trivia questions. That shit was addictive, I learned so much. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is the Future Shop deal up at all? I click through on Tsilon and I can a page with some E3 news but no actual game listings.

Not 100% sure it's not a price error, but Walmart seems to have the MW3 320GB PS3 bundle on for $199:

Link

It's advertised on their home page, so I assume it's not. I ordered one and got a confirmation, but no actual shipping notification.

Here's the long Redflagdeals thread:

Does anyone know if Canada got jipped for shipments of Dragon's Dogma? I checked a week after launch at both Wal-Mart and Superstore, and neither store had a shelf spot or even a price sticker for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know if Canada got jipped for shipments of Dragon's Dogma? I checked a week after launch at both Wal-Mart and Superstore, and neither store had a shelf spot or even a price sticker for it.
Looking online, I'm seeing that even FS/BB is close to sold out. Weird.

Just posted these on GameDealsCanada
  • Pre-order: Epic Mickey 2 (360, Wii) is $29.83 ($20 - $30 off) @ Walmart.ca - http://ow.ly/bj2sA
  • Pre-order: Hitman: Absolution (PS3, 360) is $39.83 ($20 off) @ Walmart.ca - http://ow.ly/bj2dK - 97 cent S&H
  • Pre-order: Call of Duty: Black Ops II is $39.83 ($20 off) @ Walmart.ca - http://ow.ly/bj28L - 97 cent S&H
was semi-on the fence despite liking all the treyarch entries a lot, but hey at that price, I'll bite for blops 2. Unless future shop or best buy has it for the same price I'll just keep this order.

I walked into a Best Buy and picked it up, but I did notice that all of the EBs around the GTA said "Low stock."

iphys

They seem to be in the process of adding a bunch of Nintendo games on bestbuy.ca right now. So far most of the Wii U games are $60 and no 800 RZ points, but that may change shortly -- I'm not even getting the product pages to come up at the moment, so they're obviously not done entering them into the system.

Chatin

Pikmin 3 on BestBuy for 49.99 before pre-order discount. Not sure why it's cheaper than the rest of the Wii U, stuff, but pre-ordered to get that additional ten bucks off.

Sony list also updated with TLOU, DOA5, Beyond, COD Vita, and some other stuff.

zroid

Banned
Pikmin 3 on BestBuy for 49.99 before pre-order discount. Not sure why it's cheaper than the rest of the Wii U, stuff, but pre-ordered to get that additional ten bucks off.

Sony list also updated with TLOU, DOA5, Beyond, COD Vita, and some other stuff.

On a related note, it occurs to me that if you pre-order from Future Shop, even if you have four games at $49.99, you'll still be given an evenly distributed credit of $15 each. Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends are the only $49.99 games I want, but I might pre-order NSMB U and Last of Us as well. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom