• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Darn it. I'm getting a "You're credit card expires soon error message on Futureshop's Website. It expires November 2013. How is that soon?

Edit: I bet it's The Last of Us having an anticipated Release date of 2014

Nice Job Futureshop. "Preorder a game our credit card system won't let you preorder!"

zroid

Banned
Darn it. I'm getting a "You're credit card expires soon error message on Futureshop's Website. It expires November 2013. How is that soon?

Nice Job Futureshop. "Preorder a game our credit card system won't let you preorder!"

DAMMIT, same here... ugh

future shop!

krae_man

Also the WiiU Stuff doesn't qualify for the Buy 3 get one free.

I'm just going to preorder what I can now, and make adjustments after I find out what I'm getting from Tsilon.

Really disappointed stuff like The Ratchet and Clank Collection and Family Fuy game aren't up on the sites.

The lack of PC games in the Futureshop deal this year kinda stinks. That plus the general lack of things I'm interested is actually kinda making it hard to find 4 games with pre-ordering.

What was the $50 off vita coupon at futureshop I heard being mentioned earlier? Can you still get those? And can you use it online and then pick up in store and get the current deal with uncharted?

krae_man

The lack of PC games in the Futureshop deal this year kinda stinks. That plus the general lack of things I'm interested is actually kinda making it hard to find 4 games with pre-ordering.

Really? I think you're just not looking in the right spot(s)

I see:
T85OE.png

Plus if you go to the normal PC preorder section(and not the E3 preorder section I see a ton of other PC games that also qualify for the promotion:

SF X Tekken, Guild Wars 2, South Park, Rock Smith, Metro 2033, Xcom, Borderlands 2...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What was the $50 off vita coupon at futureshop I heard being mentioned earlier? Can you still get those? And can you use it online and then pick up in store and get the current deal with uncharted?
First you have to join tsilon.ca and get through the opening bullshit then get up to level 10 after that. The site still shows you can request the $50 off Vita code and that they expire June 27th. Their forums show that there is apparently a problem with the codes right now (FS probably screwed up and didn't update them to the new expiry date) so I have no idea what's happening with that. Ask for further help in the GAF thread for the site but be warned that most of us don't know the codes to get through the initial bullshit any more.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460186

http://www.tsilon.ca/core/index.php?topic=726.0 <- Thread about the codes not working

PM me and you can have my coupon. I assumed that their would be a price drop and got a coupon because of that, also I thought their would be some cool stuff announced at E3.

zroid

Banned
I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it was perhaps an oversight... and if maybe the Last of Us release date situation gets resolved. Otherwise, Best Buy it is.

Okay, I changed my mind; I'm just going to pre-order from Best Buy now. On the off-chance that any of them get an 800RZ promotion added down the road, it will be worth it.

RS4-

Anyone have a spare RROD 360? The RF module on my other 360 has stopped working for whatever reason after not using the system for like a month and a half lol.

Or a repair place?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Never pre-ordered a console before, but, how does it work? Is it even an option, or do you still have to line up?

I want to pre-order a Wii U as soon as possible. Does Best Buy or Future Shop do it?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Okay, I changed my mind; I'm just going to pre-order from Best Buy now. On the off-chance that any of them get an 800RZ promotion added down the road, it will be worth it.
You only get the offer that's available at the time you order it. If they add 800 RZ points or a steelbook later then you won't get them. Check back right before the deal is over and re-order if they add anything to it.

I had the same issue (probably Last of Us, as well) just set my exp date to 2015 instead and it worked

Hoping they will still add a few titles, I mean where is Most Wanted, DmC, and Sim City?

krae_man

FYI, WiiU titles now qualify for the b3g1 at futureshop.

Bestbuy preorders cancelled.

I now have the following preordered:

New Super Mario Bros U
Beyond: Two Souls
The Last of Us
Rayman Legends

RE6
God of War
Sly Cooper
South Park

FUI I still got $15 off every game with the Rayman bundle even though it's only $50.

Hopefully the Tsilon codes will work on the Portables.

krae_man

Why don't I see this in their E3 section? I see that it qualifies when I searched for it but it's not listed in the proper E3 section, I wonder how many more qualify that aren't showing up

There's a few. You need to search both parts of the site. Some stuff like The Last of Us isn't on the normal part of the site.

"preorder 3 get one free"*

*if you can find them bwa ha ha ha ha

iphys

Ugh, I was hoping BestBuy would add RZ points for Wii U titles by the time I woke up. I would order from FutureShop, but there aren't even 4 Wii U games I really want of the ones they have listed. I guess I'll wait till tomorrow to see if new games or RZ points get added, but I'll probably only end up ordering Pikmin 3 for Wii U: I don't know if I really want any other game enough to pay $50 for it, and I'd rather take my chances of finding them at Shoppers with the Optimum points being so lucrative. Fingers crossed that lots of great 3DS games get announced tonight and BB gets them up on their site over night.

Giard

Plus if you go to the normal PC preorder section(and not the E3 preorder section I see a ton of other PC games that also qualify for the promotion:

SF X Tekken, Guild Wars 2, South Park, Rock Smith, Metro 2033, Xcom, Borderlands 2...
It says
Pre-order 3 games and get one FREE!*
on the E3 page, but in the small print, it says
*Offer valid June 1 - 7, 2012 online only at futureshop.ca/e3. Add four E3 pre-order titles valued at $49.99 each and higher to your online shopping cart in one order, and your order will be discounted $59.99

Will the games you mentionned really work?

krae_man

It says
on the E3 page, but in the small print, it says

Will the games you mentionned really work?

Any game that qualifies say so on the games individual page.

Search for everything on the E3 page for each platform and everything in the normal preorder page for each platform. Almost everything qualifies(provided it's listed at $49.99 or above).

Giard

Any game that qualifies say so on the games individual page.

Search for everything on the E3 page for each platform and everything in the normal preorder page for each platform. Almost everything qualifies(provided it's listed at $49.99 or above).
Ahhh, I didn't see that, thanks!
I guess these will be the games that qualify for the tsilon promotion as well?

krae_man

Ahhh, I didn't see that, thanks!
I guess these will be the games that qualify for the tsilon promotion as well?

They haven't given any paramaters yet. I hope they work for Portable games. If they Don't I also Hope the number of codes I get works out. IE if I get 4 codes I can cancel one of my preorder 3 get one free blocks. But only getting two codes Well then I'll be in a pickle.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I should know this since I have a year and a bit old preorder of BioShock Infinite sitting at FS, but does FS bill on shipping or bill on purchase? And if it's bill on shipping, does the B3G1 work out to billing for the first three games and giving the last for free, or billing one-quarter of the price for each game shipped?

I should know this since I have a year and a bit old preorder of BioShock Infinite sitting at FS, but does FS bill on shipping or bill on purchase? And if it's bill on shipping, does the B3G1 work out to billing for the first three games and giving the last for free, or billing one-quarter of the price for each game shipped?

On shipping. Not sure how they handle the B3G1 free.

isny

napkin dispenser
They haven't given any paramaters yet. I hope they work for Portable games. If they Don't I also Hope the number of codes I get works out. IE if I get 4 codes I can cancel one of my preorder 3 get one free blocks. But only getting two codes Well then I'll be in a pickle.

I used one of my $10 BB coupons from one of their recent debacles for NSMB2 3DS and ended up with it at $20, and hopefully Wal-Mart restocks on Epic Mickey 3DS at $20. Besides that, since Nintendo really didn't announce much for the 3DS, I'll probably just preorder the Wii U games with the Tsilon $20 off coupon and be done with my E3 haul.

Hopefully PC games will also be part of the Tsilon sale and I can nab Mists of Pandria for $29.

ElNino

They bill on shipping.

No idea on the second part however as I haven't ordered anything from these years deal (and probably won't).

Giard

And if it's bill on shipping, does the B3G1 work out to billing for the first three games and giving the last for free, or billing one-quarter of the price for each game shipped?

Says here "The $59.99 discount will be distributed among the products in your cart."

I have Infinite pre-ordered as well, its kind of funny how its now been a year since I ordered it lol

Well

I pre-ordered Halo 4 because it looks different and graphics look really nice, BLOPS 2 even though I hate call of duty because it does look a bit different compared to previous CODs, NHL 13 and Assassins Creed 3

Hopefully Tsilon comes through with multiple 20 off codes for the rest of the games I want to get.......maybe Madden, Starcraft, Gears 4, Star Wars 1313, Tomb Raider.........

Although, I'm sure there will be some good trade in promotions for most of those games

Pretty decent (unintentional?) Vita deal at Futureshop.ca.

If you buy a Vita you get a free copy of Uncharted which is included in the B2GO promo so you can add 2 more Vita games and only have to pay for one of them as the other is the free game. This also stacks with the $50 tsilon coupon.

$239.98 (without tax) for a Vita and three games doesn't sound too bad.

It's too bad you can't pick which of the Futureshop games you get for free, because I'd just make The Last Guardian one of my (paid) preorder games, effectively making it B2G1free since The Last Guardian is NEVER FUCKING COMING OUT

I bought a PS3 for GTA4 and TLG... GTA5's going to come out first.

I would REALLY LIKE to use the E3 Future Shop deal to pre-order the games I want, but I keep getting a fucking error when I am clicking the order button at the very end and it pisses me off quite a bit right now :/

I am trying since yesterday and I've used both IE and Firefox.

Edit : Finally worked geez.

Ordered the following :

Bioshock : Infinite
Far Cry 3
Halo 4
Sleeping Dogs
Resident Evil 6
Grand Theft Auto 5
Dead or Alive 5
Metal Gear Solid Rising

Might actually pull the trigger on 4 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom