• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

Neither Futureshop nor Best Buy will let me check out some of my pre-ordered games because they have a "Dec 31, 2013" release date, including the Wii U stuff.

My CC expires 06/13 so obviously it should cover these (incl. the Wii U pre-order stuff), and yet I can't check out. What in blazes? I don't feel like getting another CC with a 2014 expiry, and I don't have time to sit on hold :(

Just say your credit card expires 06/14. It will work.

zroid

Banned
Neither Futureshop nor Best Buy will let me check out some of my pre-ordered games because they have a "Dec 31, 2013" release date, including the Wii U stuff.

My CC expires 06/13 so obviously it should cover these (incl. the Wii U pre-order stuff), and yet I can't check out. What in blazes? I don't feel like getting another CC with a 2014 expiry, and I don't have time to sit on hold :(

i had the same problem. someone suggested faking the expiry date for now. i just ended up using my dad's card instead, but i feel your pain :/

if this hadn't happened a couple days ago, I would have gotten my Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 pre-orders in for $34.99. Grr.

iqubal

Banned

What i did was order the game with a fake expiry date. I put 11/14 etc.

Then once the order goes through, just go back into the order page and EDIT your payment information. Select Add new credit card and put in the correct expiry date etc and it will work.

Protip for Canada-GAF who want MGS Vita and/or Gravity Rush for half price.

Wal-Mart is selling FFXIII-2 for 20$ and that title is (still) eligible for a trade 1 get 1 offer at FutureShop for the new Vita releases next week.

I'm dazzled by these offers, I got MK and Resistance with the t1g1 and I was supposed to go all-in digital with the Vita and now I have all those carts.

Can you link me to the details of the T1G1?

StevieP

Banned
What i did was order the game with a fake expiry date. I put 11/14 etc.

Then once the order goes through, just go back into the order page and EDIT your payment information. Select Add new credit card and put in the correct expiry date etc and it will work.

Worked perfectly, thank you.
This was one of the worst E3s ever.

I only ended up spending about $230 on games. Less than half what I spent last year on these deals (and that's with last year's deals were better!)

krae_man

Worked perfectly, thank you.
This was one of the worst E3s ever.

I only ended up spending about $230 on games. Less than half what I spent last year on these deals (and that's with last year's deals were better!)

I have 14 games preordered and there's two more I want and two I already have preordered from last year.

I have 14 games preordered and there's two more I want and two I already have preordered from last year.

I've just said screw it and have a ton pre-ordered but chances are I'll only keep like half of them. Just grabbing them now at a cheaper price just in case. The Best Buy deal is awesome for this just because you can put each game as an individual order unlike the Futureshop deal where you're forced into a bundle.

vulva

thinking about getting a vita with the 50 dollar off coupon, then trading in uncharted which comes with it for 20 bucks. Then using the 20 dollar off pre-orders on gravity rush. Save about 90 bucks in total. Does this seem like the best deal I'll get any time soon?

thinking about getting a vita with the 50 dollar off coupon, then trading in uncharted which comes with it for 20 bucks. Then using the 20 dollar off pre-orders on gravity rush. Save about 90 bucks in total. Does this seem like the best deal I'll get any time soon?

Uncharted is great if you're a fan of the franchise.

RS4-

I'll buy UC off you for 15

;)

iphys

Wound up pre-ordering NewSMB2 and Paper Mario from Best Buy (still have Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros pre-ordered from last E3 when they were $26), so that should be enough I guess. At least I don't have to worry about going broke from pre-ordering too many games.

btkadams

man, so many games to preorder. i have to wait until i get home to figure out how to maximize the e3 sale and the tsilon codes, but it looks like my list of preoders is 19 games???? how is that possible??

anyways, i may have to get some charity tsilon codes from people as i only am eligible for 5 haha.

Ordered 12 games from FS and will use 5 more when the Tsilon codes go live. I actually enjoyed not having to worry about picking up games and running around looking for the best deal on release last year, so this year I just decided to get everything through the e3 promo.

So far (all for PS3):

Darksiders 2 - August 14, 2012
Sleeping Dogs - August 14, 2012
Borderlands 2 - September 18, 2012
Dishonored - October 9, 2012
Assassin's Creed III - October 30, 2012
Epic Mickey 2 - November 18, 2012
Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale - Winter 2012
Guild Wars 2 - 2012
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - January 23, 2013
God of War Ascension - March 13, 2013
Last of Us - Unknown
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Unknown
Grand Theft Auto V - Unknown

Will more than likely add Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 6, Beyond: 2 Souls, and if the tsilon codes work for handhelds - Assassin's Creed: Liberation and CoD: Black Ops Declassified.

Seik

Banned
Just pre-ordered 4 games on FS:

-The Last of Us
-God of War Ascension
-Resident Evil 6 Anthology
-NSMB U

Holy shit...I really want to buy 4 more...but...DA MONEY! D:

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ordered 12 games from FS and will use 5 more when the Tsilon codes go live. I actually enjoyed not having to worry about picking up games and running around looking for the best deal on release last year, so this year I just decided to get everything through the e3 promo.

So far (all for PS3):

Epic Mickey 2 - November 18, 2012
You can save even more by ordering Epic Mickey 2 from Walmart since they added the PS3 version. ($29.83 + $0.97 shipping) plus tax.

Wii and 360 versions are the same price also.

http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore...&skuTypeParam=Normal&catgId=&_requestid=88666

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Getting FF tomorrow to trade in towards MGS HD PSP2 Collection. Now I just need a PSP2 ha.

Any deals on 3DS games? I want MGS3DS but not at $40.

Socreges

Banned
Anyone know where I can buy an arcade stick (ie, fighting stick) in Victoria/Vancouver? Any places online that have some inexpensive ones? Thanks

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I actually did ;) I just copied and pasted the list of games on my PC that I keep so I don't order a game twice. haha
Ok then, at least more people will see it's cheaper at Walmart. :)

BB's twitter feed said they extended the E3 deal (FS did to June 11) but they didn't say until when and the site still lists the old date.

We've EXTENDED our E3 Pre-order promo due to popular demand! Save $10 on pre-orders. 800RZ bonus pts on select titles - http://t.co/ZvWnMAu0

Some flyer highlights for next week (June 8-14th):

Wal-Mart
FFXII-2 360/PS3 $19
$39.83 games: Gears 3, Forza 4, SSX, NHL 12, Tiger 13, Star Wars TOR

Best Buy
250GB 360 $249.99
$39.99 games: MW3, 12-month XBL, Prototype, Saints Row 3, MLB, UFC
Resistance 3 $29.99

Future Shop
250GB 360 with Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm, Prince of Persia, Batman AA $249.99
Trade deals: Trade 1 for Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Vita, Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis Wii; Trade 2 for Lollipop Chainsaw
B2G1 Vita games
$29.99 games: Dance Central, Halo Anniversary, Kinect Sports, Just Dance 3
$39.99 games: Gears 3, Forza 4, Skyrim, Dance Central 2, Disneyland, Kinect Rush
12-month XBL $39.99

Toys R Us
50% off all PSP games and accessories
Wii: Donkey Kong and Smash Bros $29.99 each (June 10th price drop)

Zellers
BOG1/2 on games $29.99 and less

Cudder

Does anyone have a list of games that you can trade to futureshop in order to get Gravity Rush for free? I can't find it on their site...I think the list comes out when the game is out?

I'd jump on the FFXIII2 deal but I want to make sure that FS will actually accept it.

isny

napkin dispenser
Some flyer highlights for next week (June 8-14th):

Wal-Mart
FFXII-2 360/PS3 $19
$39.83 games: Gears 3, Forza 4, SSX, NHL 12, Tiger 13, Star Wars TOR

Best Buy
250GB 360 $249.99
$39.99 games: MW3, 12-month XBL, Prototype, Saints Row 3, MLB, UFC
Resistance 3 $29.99

Future Shop
250GB 360 with Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm, Prince of Persia, Batman AA $249.99
Trade deals: Trade 1 for Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Vita, Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis Wii; Trade 2 for Lollipop Chainsaw
B2G1 Vita games
$29.99 games: Dance Central, Halo Anniversary, Kinect Sports, Just Dance 3
$39.99 games: Gears 3, Forza 4, Skyrim, Dance Central 2, Disneyland, Kinect Rush
12-month XBL $39.99

Toys R Us
50% off all PSP games and accessories
Wii: Donkey Kong and Smash Bros $29.99 each (June 10th price drop)

Zellers
BOG1/2 on games $29.99 and less

Is DKR getting a price drop? If so you could combine that deal with the BOGO 1/2 at Zellers?

Edit:

Thanks FS/BB! Gotta love those Diablo, etc. codes!

5htJe.jpg

I already have Smash, Layton, etc. preordered from the E3 sales in 2010 and 2011. I can't believe Layton 3DS was announced in June 2010 and two years later has still yet to be even announced for the U.S.

Trust me, the chances of zellers being on the ball enough to drop the price when other stores do, and have it work with that sale are basically 0%. I went in zellers recently and they had EXIT for PSP for $59.99 :p Back in the year 2000 I spotted Earthworm Jim 2 for SNES, sitting proudly on the shelf for $92.99 :p

isny

napkin dispenser
Trust me, the chances of zellers being on the ball enough to drop the price when other stores do, and have it work with that sale are basically 0%. I went in zellers recently and they had EXIT for PSP for $59.99 :p Back in the year 2000 I spotted Earthworm Jim 2 for SNES, sitting proudly on the shelf for $92.99 :p

Yup, but you should be able to PM the deal at Future Shop or BB.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Does anyone have a list of games that you can trade to futureshop in order to get Gravity Rush for free? I can't find it on their site...I think the list comes out when the game is out?

I'd jump on the FFXIII2 deal but I want to make sure that FS will actually accept it.

Keep the game sealed with receipt then on the day of release check the site, ?, profit.

CTE

Both the 320GB playstation 3 bundles including either UC3 or Call of duty: MW3 are currently 100$ off my canadian brothers.

@ Walmart

I posted it back on the other page, too. Seems like nobody wants a $200 320GB PS3 with a free game. It's the best deal I've seen since last holiday black friday deals and boxing day deals.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I posted it back on the other page, too. Seems like nobody wants a $200 320GB PS3 with a free game. It's the best deal I've seen since last holiday black friday deals and boxing day deals.
Most people buying consoles now are probably buying them as replacements.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's supposed to start tomorrow, but since the normal deal has been extended, I assume that the tsilon deal will be delayed as well.
But I thought only the BB deal was extended? Has the FS one been too? Tsilon goes through FS.

Also, any deals on the (purple) 3DS? You guys think it will go down to $99 some time in the near future?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But I thought only the BB deal was extended? Has the FS one been too? Tsilon goes through FS.

Also, any deals on the (purple) 3DS? You guys think it will go down to $99 some time in the near future?
Both FS and BB have extended it. (They're the same company anyway).

Cudder

The FutureShop site will update tomorrow on Friday with the eligible list of games to do the Trade 1 Get 1 deal on Gravity Rush/MGS HD Collection on Vita. Hoping it happens at midnight..

Cudder

I'm sitting here with 8 games in my cart for the FutureShop deal, but I am moving later on this year. Since a lot of my pre order games are 2013 games, do I simply switch my address when I move in my account and everything is gravy?

also, right at the checkout screen it's saying it will ship my order in 3 "batches". That's incorrect, right? Each game will ship to me as they release?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm sitting here with 8 games in my cart for the FutureShop deal, but I am moving later on this year. Since a lot of my pre order games are 2013 games, do I simply switch my address when I move in my account and everything is gravy?

also, right at the checkout screen it's saying it will ship my order in 3 "batches". That's incorrect, right? Each game will ship to me as they release?
They'll regroup them as the release date approaches. Not sure about changing address after one of the games in an order has shipped though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom