• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Presumably you have orders grouped because they have 12/31/2012 or 2013 release dates. Those will be put into separate groups later on.

I don't want them grouped at all though. I thought FS shipped orders as they released, one by one? If my games are getting delivered in batches then fuck this sale.

Each game gets put into its own shipment, just make sure to tell them to change the address before they actual ship the game

Last year they messed up by grouping games together with different release dates which meant NHL 12, for example, shipped a week late since it had been grouped with Bioshock Infinite in my order =/

Cudder

Each game gets put into its own shipment, just make sure to tell them to change the address before they actual ship the game

Last year they messed up by grouping games together with different release dates which meant NHL 12, for example, shipped a week late since it had been grouped with Bioshock Infinite in my order =/

I guess I should have been more clear.

A group can have one item.

Ah, so the games DO ship one by one, then? I scanned the thread thinking other people would be asking about this but I was the only one so I was confused.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, so the games DO ship one by one, then? I scanned the thread thinking other people would be asking about this but I was the only one so I was confused.
Yeah. The only reason they won't is because of an error, like in BigJonsson's case, or you have two games with the same release date.

Cudder

Yeah. The only reason they won't is because of an error, like in BigJonsson's case, or you have two games with the same release date.

I guess I'll pull the trigger on the sale then. I had 8 games in my cart. I'm sure I'll figure a workaround for the change of address thing too. Thanks guys.

Edit: You know what? I don't think any of the games I ordered will release before I move anyway, so I'm just going to change my shipping address right now. Kinda weird to have games "on their way" to my new house when I'm not even there yet.

Socreges

Banned
Future Shop
250GB 360 with Bioshock 2, Bulletstorm, Prince of Persia, Batman AA $249.99
Trade deals: Trade 1 for Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Vita, Pikmin 2, Mario Tennis Wii; Trade 2 for Lollipop Chainsaw
B2G1 Vita games
$29.99 games: Dance Central, Halo Anniversary, Kinect Sports, Just Dance 3
$39.99 games: Gears 3, Forza 4, Skyrim, Dance Central 2, Disneyland, Kinect Rush
12-month XBL $39.99
How do we normally find out what qualifies for the trade-in?

Cudder

Let us know if this works! I'm worried they'll change the list of qualifiers before Tuesday :S
This was a no go for me. Guess I'll trade it in Tuesday morning, I don't want them catching on to this deal and changing the games. They might if they see everyone bringing in the same game to get the deal. :p

zroid

Banned
dammit, i submitted my PSN ID to tsilon for the Streets of Rage II co-op challenge, only realizing after that i didn't get the trophy because it's for online co-op only.

lame :(

can't redo it either since the game is gone with my lapsed PS+ subscription

Edit:

Thanks FS/BB! Gotta love those Diablo, etc. codes!

5htJe.jpg

I already have Smash, Layton, etc. preordered from the E3 sales in 2010 and 2011. I can't believe Layton 3DS was announced in June 2010 and two years later has still yet to be even announced for the U.S.

hnngh, got to settle for $29.99 for TFF and PM :(

this is the best I could do:
i5cOcRrKjbbW3.png

So, uh, how did you guys get these prices?

ALWAYS open your game when trading into FS. If you trade in a sealed game it raises suspicion that you just bought a game to trade in, which implies a sale on that game. That raises the possibility that they'll flag you and/or remove the game from future trade lists.

Luigi87

ALWAYS open your game when trading into FS. If you trade in a sealed game it raises suspicion that you just bought a game to trade in, which implies a sale on that game. That raises the possibility that they'll flag you and/or remove the game from future trade lists.

Alrighty, I thought so.
I guess it also may raise concerns of possible theft or something.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it sealed until Tuesday (if they de-list, at least then I can return).

Socreges

Banned
Niiiiiiice. EB Games agreed to ship a $10 used copy of Hitman: Blood Money (which is really difficult to find) from a store about 3 hours (and one 2 hour ferry ride) away. Someone at a store nearby suggested I go that route and, even though they're not supposed to do it, they honoured it because of what I'd been told. Didn't even have to push at all. Pretty awesome of them.

The D3 10 dollar off June code works on the pre-orders? Crazy, but I think its best to just wait for the tsilon promo to start

Or not?

Who was able to get the 10 dollar off code to work from D3?

RS4-

when trading in games at FS, do you need the original case?

Yes. Some CSRs will let you trade in games that don't have UPC codes though (like Uncharted 3 that was bundled with PS3s, and I think Gears 3 Epic Edition didn't have a UPC either)

Kunohara

So I'm lookIng at the Walmart flyer for the $19 FFXIII-2 and it only shows the PS3 version. I wanted to price match at FS for the 360 version. Would I have a problem showing FB the flyer and trying to get the 360 one?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I'm lookIng at the Walmart flyer for the $19 FFXIII-2 and it only shows the PS3 version. I wanted to price match at FS for the 360 version. Would I have a problem showing FB the flyer and trying to get the 360 one?
You could always use the website. I just did in anticipation for the trade.

krae_man

Okay I just preordered The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, and Beyond Two Souls from Bestbuy even though I already have them preordered as part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Futureshop promo. I'm doing this so I have maximum flexibility with my 10 Tsilon codes.

I didn't realize preordering games required more planning and strategy then investing in the stock market.

Okay I just preordered The Last of Us, The Last Guardian, and Beyond Two Souls from Bestbuy even though I already have them preordered as part of the Buy 3 Get 1 Free Futureshop promo. I'm doing this so I have maximum flexibility with my 10 Tsilon codes.

I didn't realize preordering games required more planning and strategy then investing in the stock market.

Yeah, I know what you mean, Last year was a pain to sort out.

I've kept it simple this year, the only thing I have to make sure happens is keeping an eye on the order with RE6: Archives (the other three games are 2013 releases that I'm not 100% sold on).

They're just going to cancel the order as a price mistake.

Cheerilee

It's also good to open the games before trading them in, because then they can see that there are actual games in the cases, and you're not just trading in empty-sealed boxes.

Future Shop actually had a problem with that in Vancouver. Some filthy thief bought a whole bunch of iPads with cash receipts, brought them home, removed the iPads, filled the boxes with modelling clay, and then re-sealed the boxes. Then he conned idiots on Craigslist to "return" the re-sealed boxes to Futureshop, and let them keep a cut of the money (in exchange for getting their names and faces on record as thieves).

Then innocent people bought "new" iPads from Futureshop, and were handed sealed boxes full of modelling clay. When these completely innocent people went back to complain, they were obviously treated with suspicion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom