• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Anyone from Toronto going to the Lollipop Chainsaw event at the EB Games at Yonge?

George A. Romero is going to be there, as well as...

juliet-starling-cosplay-jessica-nigri-lollipop-chainsaw.jpeg

Came for Romero, stayed for Jessica Nigri? I feel like a creep now...

Socreges

Banned
Jessica Nigri?
I didn't know there was such a things a 'cosplay celebrity', so I had to Google. Does she always get paid by organizers to make appearances? She looks like some random with amazing breasts that they picked up off the street and threw some costumes at.

Cheerilee

Anyone from Toronto going to the Lollipop Chainsaw event at the EB Games at Yonge?

George A. Romero is going to be there, as well as...

http://cosplayplace.com/images/juliet-starling-cosplay-jessica-nigri-lollipop-chainsaw.jpeg

She got thrown out of the Penny Arcade Expo for wearing that costume.

Technically, she wore that one on day-1, then she changed to her even sexier alternate costume for day-2, and somebody complained to the officials, so she changed back to that first one, and they said it was still too much, so they made her wear a sweater.

So if you hang around EB long enough, maybe she'll pull out the alternate costume. Now you're really going to feel like a creep.

Quick

Banned
I actually know nothing about her outside of being in Lollipop Chainsaw's ad campaign and her name (via the cosplay thread).

Roofy

Has the 250GB Slim 360 hard drive been discontinued?

My hard drive corrupted
bye Skyrim saves :(
and I need to get a new one. All I can find is the 320GB drive but I really dont care about LEGO Star Wars and I'd prefer to spend less than $150.

Anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find a 250GB S hard drive online?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

My hard drive corrupted
and I need to get a new one. All I can find is the 320GB drive but I really dont care about LEGO Star Wars and I'd prefer to spend less than $150.

Anyone have any suggestions or know where I can find a 250GB S hard drive online?

I'd just go with one of those $50 hong kong knockoff drives. Example. MS has never and will not ban someone for using them, they work fine, there's no difference. Some of them do not work with Xbox OG games, but I think that can be corrected, but I don't know how to correct it. Pay with Paypal and if the resulting product doesn't work you can always dispute the charge. I use one from DealExtreme and I've never had any trouble.

Roofy

I'd just go with one of those $50 hong kong knockoff drives. Example. MS has never and will not ban someone for using them, they work fine, there's no difference. Some of them do not work with Xbox OG games, but I think that can be corrected, but I don't know how to correct it. Pay with Paypal and if the resulting product doesn't work you can always dispute the charge. I use one from DealExtreme and I've never had any trouble.

Yeah the last one I had was from DealExtreme but it looks like they're all sold out (and have been for a while) and I have some Xbox Originals that I dont want to take the risk of not being able to play. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Eternia

My hard drive corrupted

TSCC supposedly has them instock online at $120.

EDIT: This looks like another from NCIX for $104 + shipping.
Amazon.com has a third party seller for $87 but I don't know the logistics when you buy from their marketplace.

Still pretty expensive.

Anony

George A. Romero is going to be there, as well as..

when is that happening?

Roofy

Awesome! I totally missed that on NCIX. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to go with that one

edit: fuck, after tax and shipping it comes to 133. I can get the 320GB drive for 168 after tax. $35 for 70GB + Lego Star Wars, DAMN YOU MICROSOFT!

Just a heads up. Walmart is still selling the 320 GB Modern Warfare 3 bundle for $199. Pretty sweet deal if you're looking to get a PS3. The only bad thing about the bundle is that MW3 comes in a cardboard slipcase and not the actual PS3 case, pretty much ruling out being able to trade it in.

With ps3s at so cheap I keep thinking I should get a spare... I don't want to jinx my 80 gig metal gear solid backwards compatible, but I've had it for 4 years and it has always served me faithfully but I feel its time is running out. Probably not going to as I can't trade in mw3

With ps3s at so cheap I keep thinking I should get a spare... I don't want to jinx my 80 gig metal gear solid backwards compatible, but I've had it for 4 years and it has always served me faithfully but I feel its time is running out. Probably not going to as I can't trade in mw3

I would retire the MGS console while it still works. I wanted that SKU so bad back in the day.

zroid

Banned
I would retire the MGS console while it still works. I wanted that SKU so bad back in the day.

hmm, really? i have this one too, although it still seems to be going strong. perhaps you have a point, though. would hate to see it meet demise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah the last one I had was from DealExtreme but it looks like they're all sold out (and have been for a while) and I have some Xbox Originals that I dont want to take the risk of not being able to play. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
If you google around, you can find a list of 360 compatible WD drives that you can use. It's also possible to manually restore the back up partition, iirc.

Alternatively, if you can find one of those old "fat" 360 250gb drives lying around in some clearance aisle somewhere, those drives work too. At that point, all you need are some torx screwdrivers to take the drive out of the old case.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Resident Evil 6 Anthology is no longer on the Futureshop site. They caught on... hope they don't cancel my order but they will.

No point In having a Console I'm afraid to use. I'll let it rock and roll for however long I can and go from there. I suppose it will be a fitting time for the big boss salute if it happens.

Quick

Banned
No point In having a Console I'm afraid to use. I'll let it rock and roll for however long I can and go from there. I suppose it will be a fitting time for the big boss salute if it happens.

You know what must be done...

0.jpg

600px-MGS4SpringerOp-2.jpg

...it's probably going to be fine. *knock on wood*

Takao

Banned
Y'all know where I can get a laptop charger? Perferably a physical store since I want it like tomorrow. I need to replace a 19V 3.42 A charger.

Quick

Banned
Y'all know where I can get a laptop charger? Perferably a physical store since I want it like tomorrow. I need to replace a 19V 3.42 A charger.

Best Buy, Future Shop, and Canada Computers sell ones with replaceable ends to fit multiple laptops.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

There are off brand or generic chargers at FS and The Source, but they're pretty shitty and flimsy and you're way better going through the manufacturer and loaning another laptop from some one you know in the mean time

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Didn't work at all. : /

Oh well. It's not a big deal, just annoying with the uneven prices.
He said you would be. How much were you charged? It should've only been 5% instead of the 13% you would have paid in Ontario.

zroid

Banned
Didn't work at all. : /

Oh well. It's not a big deal, just annoying with the uneven prices.

He said you would be. How much were you charged? It should've only been 5% instead of the 13% you would have paid in Ontario.

Oh. Yeah, that's what I meant. At 5%, it's the optimal case. Luckily since they allow exact credit card payments (in any increment, even at less than $1, I think -- something PSN doesn't, to my chagrin), it's no biggie.

Fuzzy

Oh. Yeah, that's what I meant. At 5%, it's the optimal case. Luckily since they allow exact credit card payments (in any increment, even at less than $1, I think -- something PSN doesn't, to my chagrin), it's no biggie.
PSN minimum for exact charges with a CC is $5 but they don't charge any tax at all any more so that's a plus.

Fuzzy

Yeah, I was going to get Sakura Samurai which is $6.99, end total was $7.34. Not bad, a lot better than Ontario.
Congratulations, you just saved $0.56. Now I'm calling Revenue Canada and reporting you as a tax cheat. Sorry.

zroid

Banned
PSN minimum for exact charges with a CC is $5 but they don't charge any tax at all any more so that's a plus.

Oh, yeah, I know! I'm not sure about the logistics of how they accomplished it either, as I'm pretty sure Sony continues to be incorporated in Canada. Most of the stuff I bought on PSN over the years was taxed the full 13%. :(

Takao

Banned
There are off brand or generic chargers at FS and The Source, but they're pretty shitty and flimsy and you're way better going through the manufacturer and loaning another laptop from some one you know in the mean time

I ended up ordering a replacement. Will be here by the end of the month. My electrical taped charger is still working so I'm going to have to stay stationary and just rely on battery power elsewhere.

krae_man

I've always wondered why Sony stopped charging tax since the hack. My theory is that they fucked up while fixing PSN and decided to bite the bullet instead of endure the PR disaster of taking it down again for an extended period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom