• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I've always wondered why Sony stopped charging tax since the hack. My theory is that they fucked up while fixing PSN and decided to bite the bullet instead of endure the PR disaster of taking it down again for an extended period of time.

did it only start after the hack? i thought it was a few months before that. probably just misremembering...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
did it only start after the hack? i thought it was a few months before that. probably just misremembering...
It was only after the hack because I just looked at my transaction history and the last one I made that I was charged tax on was March 28th 2011 and PSN was hacked 3 weeks later.

zroid

Banned
It was only after the hack because I just looked at my transaction history and the last one I made that I was charged tax on was March 28th 2011 and PSN was hacked 3 weeks later.

hah. well, at least something good came out of that. :)

I mean, aside from the free games...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Did anyone else get the $10 off code for Kid Icarus shipping late from Best Buy? I ask because I just noticed that the email never said it was a one time use code so I tried using it again on a second order and it applied. That means the E3 pre-orders from BB for me are $39.99 each ($59.99 - $10 E3 deal - $10 KI code) + 800 RZ bonus for the games that include them. I don't think I need the tsilon codes any more but I'll be making double orders just in case the KI code isn't supposed to be applied more than once.

Best E3 ever?

EDIT: It only worked twice. :(

krae_man

Hey look, Futureshop fixed the price of The Last Guardian. Time to reorder that 4 game pack and cancel the old one. Joy!

Now we play the waiting game for Tsilon codes.

iphys

Did anyone else get the $10 off code for Kid Icarus shipping late from Best Buy? I ask because I just noticed that the email never said it was a one time use code so I tried using it again on a second order and it applied. That means the E3 pre-orders from BB for me are $39.99 each ($59.99 - $10 E3 deal - $10 KI code) + 800 RZ bonus for the games that include them. I don't think I need the tsilon codes any more but I'll be making double orders just in case the KI code isn't supposed to be applied more than once.

Best E3 ever?

EDIT: It only worked twice. :(

My KI:U code didn't even work the first time, so I wound up having to get customer service to apply it manually. They said they will charge me full price and then refund me the $10 a few days after, which is kind of annoying, because the last time they told me something like that it didn't happen and I had to complain after the fact to get refunded. So much hassle, sigh.

Fou-Lu

My KI:U code didn't even work the first time, so I wound up having to get customer service to apply it manually. They said they will charge me full price and then refund me the $10 a few days after, which is kind of annoying, because the last time they told me something like that it didn't happen and I had to complain after the fact to get refunded. So much hassle, sigh.

I've never had one of these late shipping codes work, and they've never offered to do anything about it for me either.

zroid

Banned
I've never had one of these late shipping codes work, and they've never offered to do anything about it for me either.

I've just never gotten a late shipping code :/

I would totally prefer getting a game a couple days late, if it means I'd receive a code! But the jerks always send it on time.

iphys

I got one for OoT that worked just fine, and I used it to pre-order Bit.Trip Complete. The dumb thing is they shipped Bit.Trip Complete a couple weeks late, and I've had a couple other games that they didn't ship till a week after release and I never got codes for any of those late games, yet the codes they gave me for OoT and KI:U were for shipping them one business day late. It seems to depend more on the popularity of the game than how late they are, I guess because more people are desperate to get the highly anticipated games on time and complain to BestBuy about it.

So Future Shop is doing the trade one select title for Gravity Rush and get it free.

One of the select titles is FFXIII-2.

Wal-Mart is selling FFXIII-2 for twenty bucks.

So you could get Gravity Daze essentially for twenty bucks.

I'd bite on this but I don't have a Vita to begin with.

It's actually $19.00 at Wal-Mart for Final Fantasy XIII-2. Not only that, but you get a $10 game credit to use towards any game in july when you buy Gravity Rush at futureshop.....so really it'll cost you 10 bucks. No excuses people! I don't have a vita yet and I bought it :p

vulva

got my cheap vita but now I'm stuck with resistance burning skies. Trade in value seems to peak at 16 bucks, I think my best option might be selling it on kijiji

Luigi87

Ugh, I wasn't paying attention at the time (I don't know where my mind was), so instead of doing the trade in for FF13-2 for GR for free, they took it as a trade in for $20 off.
Gonna have to go back later.

Ugh, I wasn't paying attention at the time (I don't know where my mind was), so instead of doing the trade in for FF13-2 for GR for free, they took it as a trade in for $20 off.
Gonna have to go back later.

...didn't something seem fishy when you had to fork over $20 and tax for something that was supposed to be free? LOL

Luigi87

...didn't something seem fishy when you had to fork over $20 and tax for something that was supposed to be free? LOL

I know, my mind really wasn't in the right place at the time. For some reason I thought something wasn't adding up, but... I dunno @_@
Bleh, going back is going to be annoying. Not even opening the game until this is handled.

zroid

Banned
I know, my mind really wasn't in the right place at the time. For some reason I thought something wasn't adding up, but... I dunno @_@
Bleh, going back is going to be annoying. Not even opening the game until this is handled.

Kat has that effect on people

I was hoping you were going to say that your transaction was padded with other purchases.

But nope, you had a complete derp moment. Hehe.

Tik-Tok

Did anyone figure out if the Alien Anthology for $40 at Future Shop and Best Buy comes with the Prometheus movie tickets?

I bought the anthology on Friday night from Best Buy (immediately after watching Prometheus) without any knowledge of any Prometheus tickets, and didn't receive any. So now you've got me curious if I was supposed to or not because I'd like to go watch it again.

Firestorm

I bought the anthology on Friday night from Best Buy (immediately after watching Prometheus) without any knowledge of any Prometheus tickets, and didn't receive any. So now you've got me curious if I was supposed to or not because I'd like to go watch it again.
Ah, it must be the individual movies then =/

And now I can't even find those online and they're $20 instead of $10 each.

cjkeats

So Future Shop are definitely taking XIII-2 for Gravity Rush? Looks like I'm going to Walmart before I head downtown then

They are, I did exactly that. Went to Wal-mart and picked it up, took the shrink wrap off and kept the poster, traded it in for GR. I tried to get the dude to let me do it again for MGS but he wouldn't. I'm going back later in the evening to do it anyways.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They are, I did exactly that. Went to Wal-mart and picked it up, took the shrink wrap off and kept the poster, traded it in for GR. I tried to get the dude to let me do it again for MGS but he wouldn't. I'm going back later in the evening to do it anyways.
Ah, too bad. It's limited to one per customer, but the guy who rung me up was cool with giving me both.

RS4-

Man I had to go across the city just to get GR and MGS. Practically all of Markham/Richmond hill/Scarborough were OOS. So I had to go downtown for it.

I had no problems getting both deals. I guess the only "bad" part is that I only got one $10 off instead of two. Then again I did both on one transaction so it makes sense.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man I had to go across the city just to get GR and MGS. Practically all of Markham/Richmond hill/Scarborough were OOS. So I had to go downtown for it.

I had no problems getting both deals. I guess the only "bad" part is that I only got one $10 off instead of two. Then again I did both on one transaction so it makes sense.
Read your receipt carefully. It should list the offer twice.

But then again, there's no reason to use the offer if you pre-ordered games during the e3 deal or are going to get a bunch of tsilon coupons.

cjkeats

Ah, too bad. It's limited to one per customer, but the guy who rung me up was cool with giving me both.

Yeah, he said he would do it for me, but not with another copy of FF XIII-2. He was also about to sell me it yesterday, before his system told him not to.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
How do we use Tsilion? This thing is odd and loud. How do we find the codes?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, he said he would do it for me, but not with another copy of FF XIII-2. He was also about to sell me it yesterday, before his system told him not to.
Ah, that's probably it. I had two different games.
(FS also has Neverdead for sale for 20 dollars).

How do we use Tsilion? This thing is odd and loud. How do we find the codes?
There's a tsilon thread in OT... but honestly, I have no idea what the process is to register for the site nowadays.

Ahhh Futureshop, how poorly run you are!

I went in to one location this morning to trade in Catherine (PS3) and Kinect Sports 2 for Gravity Rush and MGS HD Vita. They didn't have MGS HD in - I happened to choose the one location in town that hadn't received their shipment yet. Had to go to a second location to grab that.

In both cases, it took 2-3 employees no less than 15-20 minutes to process the trade. Thankfully the people were very friendly and a little embarrassed at how complicated it was. Take note any Futureshop district managers and the like that may be lurking around - PLEASE MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS YOUR HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES! I swear it felt like I was watching people prepare for a shuttle landing!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a weird process. They put some money on a gift card, then charge the rest to an account on their system. It's not as simple as just... well, a one to one trade.

Kazerei

Banned
Ahhh Futureshop, how poorly run you are!

I went in to one location this morning to trade in Catherine (PS3) and Kinect Sports 2 for Gravity Rush and MGS HD Vita. They didn't have MGS HD in - I happened to choose the one location in town that hadn't received their shipment yet. Had to go to a second location to grab that.

In both cases, it took 2-3 employees no less than 15-20 minutes to process the trade. Thankfully the people were very friendly and a little embarrassed at how complicated it was. Take note any Futureshop district managers and the like that may be lurking around - PLEASE MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS YOUR HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES! I swear it felt like I was watching people prepare for a shuttle landing!

Some guy named Scott at the FS near Conestoga Mall in Waterloo was a real pro. He knew exactly what to do and processed everything super fast. A+++, would trade-in again.

It's a weird process. They put some money on a gift card, then charge the rest to an account on their system. It's not as simple as just... well, a one to one trade.

Yeah - I'm not sure what system they were working but it involved looking in various binders, printing of lists, etc. Boggles the mind. You'd think they could enter a SKU or point and click option into their databases for when these trade in deals occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom