• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh Futureshop, how poorly run you are!

I went in to one location this morning to trade in Catherine (PS3) and Kinect Sports 2 for Gravity Rush and MGS HD Vita. They didn't have MGS HD in - I happened to choose the one location in town that hadn't received their shipment yet. Had to go to a second location to grab that.

In both cases, it took 2-3 employees no less than 15-20 minutes to process the trade. Thankfully the people were very friendly and a little embarrassed at how complicated it was. Take note any Futureshop district managers and the like that may be lurking around - PLEASE MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS YOUR HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES! I swear it felt like I was watching people prepare for a shuttle landing!

I only had to wait like 10 minutes for the girl to process my trade of FFXIII-2. I remember another time though it took like 20 minutes for them to figure out how to do the trade in. Hardly a quick thing either way.

Still waiting on some Tsilon codes. Hope I manage to get some.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How do you actually get codes on Tsilon? I clicked the request button, it said "wait up to 24 hours", and then when I went back on the site an hour or two later, it didn't say that anymore, so I clicked again, same deal. Is this supposed to be emailing me? I don't even know what email I used for tsilon.

How do you actually get codes on Tsilon? I clicked the request button, it said "wait up to 24 hours", and then when I went back on the site an hour or two later, it didn't say that anymore, so I clicked again, same deal. Is this supposed to be emailing me? I don't even know what email I used for tsilon.

The codes show up in your email and in the bottom right box on the perks page. It really isn't the most clear thing ever.

They will come in your email, one at a time. Not sure if you have to send a separate request for each code (I submitted 5 requests and got 5 codes but not sure if only one submission would have been enough).

zroid

Banned
It really isn't the most clear thing ever.

pretty much tsilon's goal, heh

They will come in your email, one at a time. Not sure if you have to send a separate request for each code (I submitted 5 requests and got 5 codes but not sure if only one submission would have been enough).

submit 5 more. they have apparently removed the level 30 restriction to get 10 codes.

How do we use Tsilion? This thing is odd and loud. How do we find the codes?

well I just registered about a week ago, actually. It's obviously obfuscated but the puzzles themselves to get the codes are pretty simple. Try entering the Red, Yellow, Green and Purple sections. I think you'll figure it out.

edit: wait, i just assumed you were talking about the access codes. if you mean the promo codes, it's pretty straightforward but you need to be level 10 first (answer trivia).

Achtius

request, refresh, request......x many times

then you have to wait for the code to mailed to you.

How does Futureshop work with returns? Thinking about keeping my buy 3 get 1 free order from Futureshop just cause of the RE6: Archives pricing screw up but I'm wondering if I should redo stuff like Halo 4 which was part of that order with the Tsilon codes. Is it as easy as returning to the store with the sealed game and a copy of the web order?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
request, refresh, request......x many times

then you have to wait for the code to mailed to you.
Yep, becausee I didn't request them until almost 3pm I had to wait until after 5pm (because they took a 1 hour break) and I got all 10 emails within 2 minutes.

How does Futureshop work with returns? Thinking about keeping my buy 3 get 1 free order from Futureshop just cause of the RE6: Archives pricing screw up but I'm wondering if I should redo stuff like Halo 4 which was part of that order with the Tsilon codes. Is it as easy as returning to the store with the sealed game and a copy of the web order?
Yes.

Bleh, I was doing the preorder 3ds games off BB.ca other night when their website went down for maintenance... and today i go back to do my order again but this time the e3 offer of 10$ off is no longer valid :( So only 5 dollars off each for me... oh well.

So gravity rush is sold out at every future shop and I have an open copy of Xiii 2. This is not my day opened the game outside the future shop because it said they had it in stock but someone bought the last copy before me. Can't even see anywhere near me with mgs either not my day

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It says the codes are temporarily closed, but I seem to have gotten at least one, so I preordered Kingdom Hearts 3DS for $20

Fuzzy

It says the codes are temporarily closed, but I seem to have gotten at least one, so I preordered Kingdom Hearts 3DS for $20
It's only temporary if they can get more codes from FS. If they can't then it looks like you're out of luck. I knew when they said they had a lot of codes that it wouldn't be enough. :lol

So gravity rush is sold out at every future shop and I have an open copy of Xiii 2. This is not my day opened the game outside the future shop because it said they had it in stock but someone bought the last copy before me. Can't even see anywhere near me with mgs either not my day

Well, at least you're not out any money... if you trade it in at futureshop they will give you a $20 gift card...it's no gravity rush, but it's better than being stuck with XIII 2 :p Every futureshop in new brunswick is sold out of gravity rush....I think my store only had 3 copies when I got mine. And I got mine first in the door at 9:30 am!

Ahhh Futureshop, how poorly run you are!

I went in to one location this morning to trade in Catherine (PS3) and Kinect Sports 2 for Gravity Rush and MGS HD Vita. They didn't have MGS HD in - I happened to choose the one location in town that hadn't received their shipment yet. Had to go to a second location to grab that.

In both cases, it took 2-3 employees no less than 15-20 minutes to process the trade. Thankfully the people were very friendly and a little embarrassed at how complicated it was. Take note any Futureshop district managers and the like that may be lurking around - PLEASE MAKE THIS EASIER FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS AS WELL AS YOUR HARD WORKING EMPLOYEES! I swear it felt like I was watching people prepare for a shuttle landing!

I know right? I once traded a shitload of games, like 15 or so for a small computers and it took the girl forever to create the trade-in bill you then show at the cash register. Good thing the girl was a real eye candy. Very friendly too!

Cactus

Banned
i got my Tsilon codes but do i have to order my games one at a time or can i fill my cart with 5 games and add all the codes later?

You should probably order them all individually. If there's a problem with one specific game, you wouldn't have to cancel the entire order and potentially lose all the codes.

Fuzzy

Stump it's open again. Request code, refresh, request code etc until you get all of your requests in.

EDIT:
The next codes batch will be distributed tomorrow. Requests are re-opened for everyone in the meantime, and will be fulfilled tomorrow.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
pretty much tsilon's goal, heh

submit 5 more. they have apparently removed the level 30 restriction to get 10 codes.

well I just registered about a week ago, actually. It's obviously obfuscated but the puzzles themselves to get the codes are pretty simple. Try entering the Red, Yellow, Green and Purple sections. I think you'll figure it out.

edit: wait, i just assumed you were talking about the access codes. if you mean the promo codes, it's pretty straightforward but you need to be level 10 first (answer trivia).

I made it all the way to level 10, and I'm trying to answer the daily, what is this cryptography sequence I must input, there is no chart to tell me how to speak code?

Edit: Refreshed page, everything makes sense now.

Fuzzy

I made it all the way to level 10, and I'm trying to answer the daily, what is this cryptography sequence I must input, there is no chart to tell me how to speak code?

Edit: Refreshed page, everything makes sense now.
Just keep an eye on the tsilon thread here because the dailies are usually posted in spoiler tags so they're easy to spot when scrolling through the pages.

iphys

Same here. Even when I emailed multiple times it literally went nowhere.

Well they couldn't help me when I e-mailed and told me to phone customer service instead, and then when I phoned I got a really incompetent person that sent me on a wild goose chase for 15 minutes and finally told me they couldn't do anything to fix it over the phone. Ultimately they told me to just place my order online and forward the promotional code e-mail to customer service along with my order number that I wanted it applied to, and it only took a couple hours for customer service to reply to tell me I would get a refund. So if your code doesn't work I would just place your order anyway and forward them the promotional code e-mail to force their hand: worst case if they don't agree to apply it you can always cancel, refuse, or return your order.

So Future Shop are definitely taking XIII-2 for Gravity Rush? Looks like I'm going to Walmart before I head downtown then

just did this for mgs collection vita...they wouldnt let me trade a 2nd game (mw3) for gravity rush...i guess no big deal cause actually the gravity rush demo wasnt that great for me anyways...

Ah, it must be the individual movies then =/

And now I can't even find those online and they're $20 instead of $10 each.

$10 instore @ calgary as of tonight...just picked up aliens...used the coupon from alien to watch prometheus last weekend and want to check it out in imax now it was so good...

My Futureshop order for Lollipop Chainsaw shipped yesterday and from the tracking info it is going to take forever to get to my part of the country. I really wish FS used Purolator it was so much quicker when they did, making me rethink some of those FS e3 deals

Highlights from next week's flyers (starts this Friday):

Future Shop
Trade 2 for Steel Battalion or Lego Batman 2
Trade 1 for Lego Batman 2 (Wii/PSV/3DS) or Pokemon Conquest
B2G1F on Nintendo Selects Wii games
B2G1F on select Vita games

krae_man

I'm pretty much set for retail games for the next two years now:lol

The only other retail game I'll probably get is The Ratchet and Clank Collection.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
How does Lego Batman 2 compare to Arkham City in terms of combat?

SMT

explodet

Sigh.
Okay, who's dick do I have to suck in order to get a Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot preorder?

I think I've tried everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom