• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone heard of any deals for BlazBlue CS Extend for PS3?

zroid

Banned
hmmm, seeing as this one isn't being added to your order (apparently), I wonder if we could cheat the system again by returning the game, while keeping the Steelbook.

hoverX

Got some extra codes for Where's My Water? from Starbucks. I gave them to some friends, but still had 4 codes left.

The app is 99 cents, works for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. I'll send it to the first 4 people who quote this.

I'd post this in the FREE to a good home thread, but I figured I'd narrow it down to Canadians, since it only works in Canada.

Explain please. free apps from starbucks?? I go into starbucks every day an i've never seen anything like this.

GG-Duo

Explain please. free apps from starbucks?? I go into starbucks every day an i've never seen anything like this.

Look closer. There should be a little cardboard holder thing that has a bunch of cards.
Last week it was Instapaper, this week it's Where's My Water.

jEASRl.jpg

Quick

Banned
It's a song this week, actually. Or, as far as I know it's a song. The Starbucks I went to on Monday only had a song code.

Quick

Banned
They should have two things, one for songs and another for apps

I agree, but some stores do keep the previous week's free codes out if they still have plenty of them. Not the case for every store, though. The one by my job is diligent in taking them out when a new one needs to be up.

Starbucks and/or Apple also announces which apps are free for the week via Twitter, I think.

Ondore

Apropos of... you know, screw it, I'll ask for a friend: When you're trading in a system, do you have to have the power adapter with it?

Apropos of... you know, screw it, I'll ask for a friend: When you're trading in a system, do you have to have the power adapter with it?
Yes.

3DS? Stylus + System + Power. Cradle may not be needed. EB asks for the bare minimum for it to be sellable. I'm pretty sure you can take the SD card out too...

shira

Anyone know when that BestBuy Portable Gaming Sale ends? Page doesn't say anything.

EDIT: The same deals are going on at Futureshop and they end the 21st, from my understanding. Do you guys think it's worth it to pull the trigger on a 3DS now or wait until the near future for a better deal? I'm heavily conflicted at the moment.
Guess they knew

Just going to jack the flyers from CAG:

TRU

Skylander Characters $9.99
Lego Batman 2 (Wii) $39.99 free unlockable motorcycle code
Buy 1 get 1 50% off on all $19.99 games
XBOX 4GB Family Bundle $249.97

Future Shop

PS3 320GB MW3 bundle $299.99
Kinect 4GB Family Bundle $249.99
PSV with Gravity Rush $249.99
Buy 2 select PSV games, get 1 free (9 choices)
Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo Selects games (10 choices)
Super Smash Bros Brawl $29.99
Donkey Kong Country Returns $29.99
Trade 2 for Spec Ops, Spiderman, Civ V expansion (lol)

Best Buy

PSV $249.99 ($50 GC)
Buy 1 PSV game, get 50% off second one (select games)
Nintendo 3DS $169.99 (free Mario game: Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land)
Buy any 3DS game, get the second game 25% off
XBOX 4GB Family Bundle $249.99
London 2012 $49.99
Star Wars Old Republic $19.99
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on $19.99 titles

RCSS

XBOX 4GB Family Bundle $249.97 ($50 GC)
PS3 320GB Move Bundle $299.97

Walmart

Just Dance Greatest Hits $39.83
Spec Ops The Line Premium Edition $59.83
The Amazing Spider-man $59.83
Just Dance 3 $19.83
Black Eyed Peas Experience $19.83

Are there any active deals on Microsoft Points?

I require a vast amount of spacebucks for some Battlefield DLC and would like to pick it up on the cheap if possible.

CCF23

You can stack it with the current $50 gift card offer. It's a Vita for $149+Tax folks.

Are these the codes from tsilon.ca? Don't those only work on FS and the promotion is on at BB?

If I could do the $50 off code + $50 gift card I'd probably be in...

CCF23

Nevermind...FS is offering the $50 gift card too, and it's applied instantly. Stacked with the tsilon code it's $149.99 plus tax for the vita. That's pretty ridiculous.

CCF23

What's holding me back is the extra $100-$150 I'd have to spend on a memory card/game. That takes the price right back up to around $300 to be "all in" in terms of actually using the thing.

When you think about it, this deal is only marginally better than the one they were offering last week where Gravity Rush came free with the console. Considering I'm going to have to buy a game with it the difference in the offers is really only $5 or so (Gravity Rush is close to $50 after tax and shit anyway).

Initially I thought this was an insta-buy, but I'm still going to have to think it over.

zroid

Banned
What's holding me back is the extra $100-$150 I'd have to spend on a memory card/game. That takes the price right back up to around $300 to be "all in" in terms of actually using the thing.

yeah the memory card thing sucks.

But I'm probably not going to buy any games for now. I think I'll just grab a couple cheap PSP games off PSN and Super Stardust Delta. Gravity Rush can wait.

krae_man

When you think about it, this deal is only marginally better than the one they were offering last week where Gravity Rush came free with the console. Considering I'm going to have to buy a game with it the difference in the offers is really only $5 or so (Gravity Rush is close to $50 after tax and shit anyway).

Initially I thought this was an insta-buy, but I'm still going to have to think it over.

By that logic, nobody should every buy a game system. $150 for a Vita is a no brainer.

You can get away with a 16gb card and a PSN game or two at the start till you find something you want. There are going to be Vita game sales soon enough and price drops.

CCF23

By that logic, nobody should every buy a game system. $150 for a Vita is a no brainer.

You can get away with a 16gb card and a PSN game or two at the start till you find something you want. There are going to be Vita game sales soon enough and price drops.

Fair points. I'm trying to justify reasons not to bite for some reason.

neptunes

Just going to jack the flyers from CAG:

Best Buy

PSV $249.99 ($50 GC)
Buy 1 PSV game, get 50% off second one (select games)
Nintendo 3DS $169.99 (free Mario game: Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land)
Buy any 3DS game, get the second game 25% off
XBOX 4GB Family Bundle $249.99
London 2012 $49.99
Star Wars Old Republic $19.99
Buy 1, get 1 50% off on $19.99 titles

I know it's stupid, but can you use that $50 Gift Card towards the PSV purchase itself? or only after you buy a PSV @ $249?

Luigi87

I know it's stupid, but can you use that $50 Gift Card towards the PSV purchase itself? or only after you buy a PSV @ $249?

If you're able to order online, the same deal is for FutureShop also, but it applies directly to the system (so it is really $199, rather than $249 + $50 GC)

zroid

Banned

I think if you buy it in-store then they'll just hand you a gift card afterwards. Online purchases are automatically deducted by $50.

CCF23

Alright, I jumped in...Why the hell not?

Got an 8GB memory card because the price of the 16 was just double the 8 so there was no real loss choosing the smaller one for now. I'll just get another when I see a sale or something.

$200 total for the console and the memory card. Tax included.

Anony

i'm trying to apply the vita code, do i check out the vita on the futureshop page and put it in the promocode field?

getting a
Code:
The Promotional Code ---------------- is not eligible for your order. We have removed it. The discount was not applied. (0166)

DJ_Lae

Man that deal almost makes me wish I had waited - although I nabbed a Vita and 32GB card during that weird unadvertised trade in deal and paid $110 for everything.

I don't miss the games I traded in either, and some of them I scored for really cheap (like ACR for $20) so it's not as if I'm really out much money. But there has been almost nothing out for the Vita since I did that so in terms of missing out on games I would have been okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom