• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tdrewardsplaystationvitapicture.png

All month, TD Rewards has been doing a Deal of the Day, where a different item is discounted heavily each day. For June 29th, they have a great deal on the PlayStation Vita. You’ll be able to pick up the PlayStation Vita, a Starter Kit, and Resistance: Burning Skies all for $164.99 (50% off).

You have to have a TD Credit Card to take advantage of this, but if you do, head over to TDRewards.com. Keep in mind that you have to hit the ‘I want one’ button on the day and it will enter you into a draw for the right to buy it.

Found this on Trendy Gamers

So, guys. Around E3 I went to preorder New Super Mario Bros. 2 among some other games as part of BestBuy's E3 promo. But they didn't have the code in store, just online for some reason. So I had to idea of buying a Gift Card and making the cashier buy it online for me (I'm 17 so no credit card). But I never got the Gift Card back.

Anyways, this game comes out on a Sunday, so normally when you guys preorder games online from BestBuy, how close to launch day does the game come?

Also, the Gift Card is set up to be used online. But if I say I want to make it an in-store pick up, would they just charge the Gift Card from online and I can just go pick it up with a receipt or something?

Thanks!

HEADS UP!!!

My cousin just told me that she saw on CTV News that the Wii U is apparently being displayed in Montreal at an event called Gora Gallery, anyone else seen this to verify?

zroid

Banned
dammit I've been holding DS and 3DS for too long, can't figure out how to grasp this damn Vita comfortably.

it feels like the only angle I can position my thumbs to have easy access to both buttons and sticks forces my hands into an awkward grip where the system is kind of sitting on my fingers and not really being "held"

what am I doing wrong :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
dammit I've been holding DS and 3DS for too long, can't figure out how to grasp this damn Vita comfortably.

it feels like the only angle I can position my thumbs to have easy access to both buttons and sticks forces my hands into an awkward grip where the system is kind of sitting on my fingers and not really being "held"

what am I doing wrong :(
The small grooves on the back are supposed to be where you place your fingers anyway.

Also, if anyone still needs a Vita code, quote this line and I'll PM you.

krae_man

So, guys. Around E3 I went to preorder New Super Mario Bros. 2 among some other games as part of BestBuy's E3 promo. But they didn't have the code in store, just online for some reason. So I had to idea of buying a Gift Card and making the cashier buy it online for me (I'm 17 so no credit card). But I never got the Gift Card back.

Anyways, this game comes out on a Sunday, so normally when you guys preorder games online from BestBuy, how close to launch day does the game come?

Also, the Gift Card is set up to be used online. But if I say I want to make it an in-store pick up, would they just charge the Gift Card from online and I can just go pick it up with a receipt or something?

Thanks!

I've got mine on Mondays.

Giard

Does anyone know of any deals for You Don't Know Jack on X360? The DS version is 7 bucks on Future Shop's website, but the other versions are nowhere to be found. Is it because they don't have it in stock anymore?

I was hoping I could get it for under 10$...

zroid

Banned
EDIT: Shoppers Drug Mart would be even better if they have them in stock and you know a senior who can go with you.

http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/offers/superseniors/june2012-2/h-seniors10gcard-june28-e.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

well I decided to go for this after all. Shoppers has 8 and 16GB cards, so I'll grab a 16 tomorrow. still bitter about paying ~$40 for a 16GB memory card (after the gift card), but I'm sucking it up :P

gotta have dat Stardust

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know of any deals for You Don't Know Jack on X360? The DS version is 7 bucks on Future Shop's website, but the other versions are nowhere to be found. Is it because they don't have it in stock anymore?

I was hoping I could get it for under 10$...
Your best bet is probably GoD at this point. The best deal I could find was when HMV was clearing out games last year... it seems to be out of print everywhere else.

There was a sale on the Jack Packs at one point, but that was a rare THQ sale I think.

Giard

Your best bet is probably GoD at this point. The best deal I could find was when HMV was clearing out games last year... it seems to be out of print everywhere else.

There was a sale on the Jack Packs at one point, but that was a rare THQ sale I think.
I see it a lot in shops here, but it still costs 29.99. I'm gonna check at my mall tomorrow to see if that's changed.

I think that Metal Gear HD Collection is finally going to be mine.

Btw anyone know of any deals for the Halo Anniversay remake? Still haven't seen it for less than $30 bucks anywhere.

jred2k

I might have to jump on some of those BB deals. Dark Souls is definite and I might get the Arkham GOTY, I just hate that boxart. Does anyone know if saves from the original can be used in the GOTY edition?

zroid

Banned
Yeah I want a lot of those games and many are for prices that I would jump at. Too bad I just blew all my money on a Vita and memory card ;/

I'll maybe settle for Tales, as it's probably limited. The rest will undoubtedly reach those prices again.

DiddyBop

What's this best buy deal I'm hearing of?

go back a page and quote the post of the dude that posted it. post looks blank now but when you quote it you'll see the deals.

Lollipop dropped faster than i thought it would, glad i waited, going to get that and binary domain.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Tales and FFXIII-2 for me. Would jump on Dark Souls, but I'll wait for the PC version. And everything else on the 3DS I own. For those that don't already own Kid Icarus, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land though, jump on this deal!

Kifimbo

More games will likely be on sale at Best Buy. The first page of the flyer says something like "More than 80 games, accessories and consoles on sale".

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
More games will likely be on sale at Best Buy. The first page of the flyer says something like "More than 80 games, accessories and consoles on sale".

I hope they offer this online as well. When I was in the Yonge and Dundas Best Buy last week, it was such a mess and I don't want to have to rush out to buy my games. ;_;

btkadams

hmmm.... considering:

rdr
mw3
kid icarus

is modern warfare 3 worth it for that price? i enjoyed modern warfare 1 a few years ago. is the online as addictive?

schlew

I'd just like to recommend the circle pad pro to anyone picking up MGS3D. It's just very difficult without it. It's not RE's situation where it's a matter of preference, I don't think camera controls for aiming on the abxy buttons can hold up against the bosses and enemies. I however, do recommend the game. The HD Collections are straight ports, but the 3DS version does have some changes made (can't speak any higher of the bottom screen menu navigation for cure, weapon, and item selection).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I've seen the UC3 cutscenes. But should I buy UC3, MW3, MGS3D? What about AssCreed Rev?
The general opinion on Assassin's Creed: Revelations is that if you really, really enjoyed the previous two (AC2 & Brotherhood), and are only looking for largely more of the same for your AC fix, pick up AC:R. It takes a few step backwards in the series, and at the same time doesn't push the narrative forward very much. If not, you might feel a bit burnt out playing the game as it retreads a lot of the same territory as previous games. But if you just want more like I did, it's definitely an enjoyable experience still.

iphys

The Shoppers Drug Mart flyer for next week is showing selected Nintendo games and accessories for 20% off: the only things pictured are Wii Fit Plus with balance board, Mario Kart 7, and a Wiimote, so beyond that I don't know what else will be on sale. Coupled with the 18500 bonus point event from Friday to Monday, those could be some very good deals. It looks like the sale prices in the flyer are only valid starting Saturday though, so I guess there's no point in going on Friday (and there are Saturday/Sunday specials on pop and stuff, so better to wait till Saturday anyway).

elty

I think AC Revelation is a let down, after playing AC 2. Story is not interesting, mission is very repetitive.

By the way, anyone know if SDM carry VITA card? I guess 20% off + $10 back is already the best deal.

E-DuB

I said gotdamn at the sales for this week
KuGsj.gif
MGS HD is a no brainer and a maybe on Arkham City GOTY (I didn't like it all that much, but all that DLC...) And hell I could use a new 360 controller. My wallet weeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom